Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Kirk Herbstreit on Clemson: "Best football is ahead of them"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

TNET: Kirk Herbstreit on Clemson: "Best football is ahead of them"

Nov 12, 2020, 8:02 AM

Kirk Herbstreit on Clemson: "Best football is ahead of them"

Clemson is currently licking their wounds and getting healthy after a tough double-overtime loss to Notre Dame on Saturday night. The Tigers were without severa Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Kirk Herbstreit on Clemson: "Best football is ahead of them"

Nov 12, 2020, 8:19 AM

:)

Re: TNET: Kirk Herbstreit on Clemson: "Best football is ahead of them"

Nov 12, 2020, 10:00 AM

Coming into this season I had serious concerns about the OL And unfortunately those fears have come to fruition. I especially hate it for ETN because he came back for his senior season along with Trevor thinking we had a great shot a win a national championship but I am concerned. We have had trouble running the ball all year even against bad teams that were giving up a lot of yards on the ground coming into our game. So it is a major concern.

For whatever reason TB & Dabo have had trouble developing a really dominant offensive line. The primary reason TB’s teams were so inconsistent was the poor OL his teams had and Dabo has done a better job and we have had some better than average OL play, We still have not had a truly dominant offensive line. But it looks like last year and this year our recruiting for the OL is getting much better. So hopefully in the next year or two we will finally develop a really strong OL because let’s be honest that is the only thing that has slowed us down and contributed heavily to our loss to Pittsburgh and our loss Notre Dame.

From about 1976 until I would say 1991 we always had a very good 0L, most years dominant, and during that time we put a lot of offensive linemen Into the NFL. Contrast that with arguably the best OL player at Clemson since 1991 and he is a practice squad undrafted free agent for the Dallas Cowboys. That is not good my friends! But I do think that is about to change, or at least I hope so based on the recruiting, but that’s not gonna fix our problems this year!

If Dabo had pretty much any Charlie Pell or Danny Ford OL we would be unstoppable on offense! I am hoping and cautiously optimistic that we are close to getting back to that type of OL Play based on the kids we brought in last year and the kids currently committed for 2021.

Well it would about have to be wouldn't it Kirk?***

Nov 12, 2020, 11:07 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic