Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ESPN statements on the retirement of John Swofford
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1,066

ESPN statements on the retirement of John Swofford

Jun 25, 2020, 5:09 PM

ESPN Statements on ACC Commissioner John Swofford’s Retirement

ACC Commissioner John Swofford announced Thursday he will retire following the 2020-21 athletic year.

ESPN issued the following statements regarding Swofford.

Statement from ESPN President, Jimmy Pitaro

Commissioner Swofford will leave a lasting impact on college athletics. He has enhanced the Atlantic Coast Conference in a multitude of ways, including his vision for ACC Network, during his two-decades long tenure as Commissioner. He’s been a tremendous partner, and his progressive nature and leadership advanced not only the ACC but all of college athletics. His influence will be felt for years to come.

Statement from Senior Vice President of Disney and former ESPN Senior Vice President, Rosalyn Durant

There are good leaders and there are good human beings who are also great leaders. Commissioner Swofford is both. His thoughtful and steady leadership, respectful manner and kindness are some of his finest qualities. One of the best parts of launching ACC Network was working closely with Commissioner day in and day out. I learned through sheer proximity of him. Work brought us together but neither my role change nor his retirement will separate us. I wish him and Nora the absolute best.

Statement from ESPN Vice President of Programming & Acquisitions, Stacie McCollum

Throughout his esteemed career, Commissioner Swofford has been a visionary leader, successfully expanding the ACC’s footprint, advancing the league and shepherding the launch of ACCN. Under his oversight, the ACC has become one of the premiere athletic and academic conferences in the nation. While Commissioner Swofford is an exceptional business partner, he is an even better friend and trusted colleague. I will miss our regular conversations and interactions, but wish him and Nora nothing but the best in their next chapter.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ESPN statements on the retirement of John Swofford

Jun 25, 2020, 10:06 PM

I didn't know his male partner was named Nora...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Statement from Clemson fans: BYE!!!!!!!!***

Jun 26, 2020, 12:52 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 2
| visibility 1,066
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic