Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why are so many fans
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1,551

Why are so many fans

May 15, 2024, 10:10 AM

Thinking we are going to get blown out by uga. Yes they have a bunch of dogs on their team but it will be the first game of the season for both teams. Neither will be playing at optimal level first game of the season. We are coming off a 5 games winning streak with a bowl win and 2 sec wins. We might get blown out but this team will be prepared when we play ugay (I hope). Go tigers!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why are so many fans

May 15, 2024, 10:12 AM

If the offensive line gets it together and CK is able to pass to open receivers, it will be a long night for UGA. Clemson's defense is set to be Number 1 this season. Defense wins championships!

GO TIGERS!

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

May 15, 2024, 10:15 AM

And if they don't, it will be a long night for us which is where most of the concern is coming from since we have yet to see either CK or the OL play the kind of game needed to beat a team like GA. I do hope this is the season they turn the corner and deliver.

2024 free_orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 15, 2024, 10:18 AM

I expect the defense will keep us in the game - a'la the last time we played the Dawgs in CLT. Hopefully the outcome is reversed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 16, 2024, 10:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Why are so many fans ]

And by long night I'm sure you mean long afternoon! Lol

May 15, 2024, 10:19 AM [ in reply to Re: Why are so many fans ]

Amen. Lee Corso: "Offense sells tickets, defense wins games".

That being said, not a fan of these big games right out of the gate. Give me a warmup game first to see what we got, get some game snaps in for the new guys, etc.

The last time we faced UGA in the opener the defense held it own for sure. But definitely took a beating on the offensive side.

May 16, 2024, 11:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Why are so many fans ]

I hope you are correct, sir.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

May 15, 2024, 10:21 AM

I don't see a blowout. What does concern me is how long our offense can stay out on the field to give the defense a breather--but that is based only upon what we saw last season.

With that said, I do expect that we will see better play from the O Line and Cade this season.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

May 15, 2024, 11:06 AM

Given that Clemson’s offense has looked average at best the past couple of years, and barely beat Kentucky in the last game of the season, doesn’t inspire much confidence when playing UGA in the first game. That Duke game traumatized a lot of fans too….

May 16, 2024, 5:00 PM

I would certainly agree that Georgia should be the favorite given recent histories of both teams. But I believe our elite defense will keep the game close, and if we can win the turnover battle, muster some semblance of offense, and maybe even get a pick 6 or set the offense up deep in their territory once or twice, then we can pull off the upset.

I don’t think we will be a top 10 team in game 1, but by the ACC Championship Game, we will be. I’ll repeat what I said a few weeks ago, that one of the concerns I have is field goal kicking. If we can’t score when we drive inside the 35, then we will struggle all season to reach 10 wins.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What have you seen from us the last

May 15, 2024, 11:06 AM

3 years that says we can compete vs a top 3 program right now?

We're top 15, IMO.

Unless something really magical happens b/n now and 8/31, the 2 score spread seems about right.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 15, 2024, 11:08 AM

Georgia is a top 3 team in the country.

They have a significant talent and depth advantage to go along with the better QB.

May 15, 2024, 11:16 AM

TigerCC and Trotsky need to knock it off with all the logical rhetoric.

LOL!!

May 15, 2024, 12:19 PM

I'm not saying anyone couldn't get beat. But beating UGA in Dome in Atlanta doesn't seem like an ideal situation either.

That said, I see no reason why we couldn't lose that game, but go on to win out either. I do think there will need to be marked improvement on the O Line (1st), WR (2nd), then QB (3rd).

Talented, seasoned, HT candidate at QB...

May 15, 2024, 11:41 AM

Roster is loaded to the gills with talent; upgraded at the remaining
SKILL positions via the TP-

May 15, 2024, 12:20 PM

“Good” QB could equal a win … probably why.

2024 white level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 15, 2024, 1:26 PM

Past performance is certainly a predictor of future results.

Our championship pedigree is definitely in question right now while if you think Georgia's current pedigree is questionable then you just have orange colored glasses on.

Being a fan of Clemson does not mean we cannot be realistic. Can we beat Georgia? Certainly we can. However, the odds are tilted in Georgia's favor. There's no denying that unless you refuse to be objective. If we win it is a big upset and a big deal for us. If Georgia wins it is just on to Tennesse Tech for them. That is just the way it is right now.

However, if we beat Georgia and roll on with confidence built on that game it will be an entirely different thing if we meet them in the play-offs.

My personal feeling is that we need to win against Georgia in order to get the monkey off our back and shake-off a couple of years of bad juju.

I'm taking the TIGERS + 13***

May 15, 2024, 3:02 PM

Re: I'm taking the TIGERS + 13***

May 16, 2024, 10:47 AM

Based on what?

FIRST team to make a big mistake, loses

May 15, 2024, 4:12 PM

If Georgia makes a big mistake, then I think we'll get the win. It'll be close.
If we (Clemson) make the mistake, then I think we'll be in big trouble.

Re: FIRST team to make a big mistake, loses

May 16, 2024, 11:32 AM

can't afford any of those goal line fumbles this year.

May 16, 2024, 6:48 AM

LOL, SC and Kentucky aren't real SEC wins.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1,551
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic