Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: S.C. judge makes ruling on Clemson's case versus ACC
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 27
| visibility 4787

TNET: S.C. judge makes ruling on Clemson's case versus ACC

Jul 12, 2024, 1:08 PM

S.C. judge makes ruling on Clemson's case versus ACC

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: S.C. judge makes ruling on Clemson's case versus ACC

Jul 12, 2024, 1:27 PM

I would like to know if Neff, Clements or anyone has an email or anything in writing from the ACC that states they need to sign the GOR agreement or ESecPN won't go for a contract. Hopefully they do.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 12, 2024, 1:35 PM

Let’s hope they do or I believe Clemson would be committing perjury. Think the lawyers would be smart enough to make certain that what is written in the lawsuit that they have paperwork and or emails stating such.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 12, 2024, 7:07 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: S.C. judge makes ruling on Clemson's case versus ACC ]

I’m just so ready for Clemson to get out of the ACC

Jul 12, 2024, 7:19 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: S.C. judge makes ruling on Clemson's case versus ACC ]

I thought former AD signed the agreement.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TEK

Jul 13, 2024, 10:03 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: S.C. judge makes ruling on Clemson's case versus ACC ]

Hopefully Clemson forced to stay in ACC then Neff and Clements fired. They are both totally useless need to move USC.

TEK

Jul 14, 2024, 8:31 PM

You’re clearly a troll, and a bad one at that lol

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 14, 2024, 8:39 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: S.C. judge makes ruling on Clemson's case versus ACC ]

You do realize that the other conferences with conferences networks had to sign a GOR in order to get the network. The Big Ten had to do this all the way back in 2007.

looks like we have James C. Calhoun as our lawyer (last photo)***

Jul 12, 2024, 1:34 PM

John?***

Jul 12, 2024, 1:46 PM

Maybe James was John's crazy brother who lived life in the fast lane.***

Jul 12, 2024, 1:47 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Clemson's Attorneys Must Be Very Old

Jul 12, 2024, 1:53 PM

Sovereign Immunity was abolished as a result of the 1985 McCall v. Batson case. In 1986, the Supreme Court of South Carolina formally abolished the doctrines of Sovereign Immunity in South Carolina.

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Re: Clemson's Attorneys Must Be Very Old

Jul 12, 2024, 3:45 PM

If that were true, those high dollar lawyers who sought dismissal under Sovereign immunity are hacks. I think that case involved a small aspect of Sovereign immunity being invoked but not the entire law.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I felt good about this when the judge played "Tiger Rag" when he walked in.***

Jul 12, 2024, 2:00 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

If this is part of the ACCs argument:

Jul 12, 2024, 2:15 PM

"The ACC is a great conference. This increases the national exposure for additional revenue and our athletes. It stabilizes the conference long term." - Jim Clements

Nobody EVER said the ACC is a great conference. Yeah, we have national exposure, but only because of Clemson, FSU (both of which want to leave), and maybe a couple other schools. And this conference has been anything but stable for many years, going back to when Miami was added, Maryland leaving, the failed ND addition, and now the top two member schools in football fighting tooth and nail to get out of this sinking ship! The ACC has zero credibility in this “argument” and as Clemson’s lawyer clearly articulated: Justice delayed is justice denied! Every day longer that Clemson spends in this dumpster fire is a day lower in revenue we could be making as part of a really “great conference!”

Re: If this is part of the ACCs argument:

Jul 12, 2024, 5:21 PM

Saying that Clemson and FSU are the reason that the ACC has national exposure actually isn't a fact bc Duke and UNC basketball has put the ACC in front of national exposure many times. IMO, FSU and Clemson weren't the only reason that the ACC has had national exposure. Actually, the ACC is loaded with teams that has brought national exposure to the ACC in many sports by winning NCAA national championships. The ACC is very limited with FB schools that has brought Nation Championships to the ACC the way that Clemson and FSU has in the 15-20 years, and that has made the ACC weak in terms of being paid the big money for viewership on TV of the big money sport that is college Football...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 12, 2024, 7:26 PM

Least next season new member SMU will win 2 National Championships.

TEK

Jul 12, 2024, 7:22 PM [ in reply to If this is part of the ACCs argument: ]

Clemson’s lawyer has no credibility after this case. When ACC wins hope he or she gets disbarred.

TEK

Jul 12, 2024, 2:17 PM

The ACC continues to make pompous public statements about litigation. I hope the judges hearing these cases see these things. Any good and reputable lawyer knows you don't talk publicly about a pending case. I'm sure the SC judge is thrilled the ACC is making a point of letting the world know the ACC is disappointed with his rulings. Further, the last part is ridiculous. If the ACC is focused on protecting the best interests of its members, it wouldn't be spending all this money fighting this. It would instead be trying to find a viable path forward. But Jim Phillips ego is too big for that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 12, 2024, 3:33 PM

Agreed. Those Charlotte &$$ clowns are quick draw when it comes to putting out a press release. We should put out a simple release that says "F&#$ this League" and maybe follow it up with billboard ads in downtown Charlotte.

Jul 12, 2024, 7:23 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: S.C. judge makes ruling on Clemson's case versus ACC ]

While I totally agree with you, let’s not leave the problem Swafford got us into and then left us with not be attached to his “legacy”. He left this co Terence in the mess we are in. All Clemson wants now is to get it fixed and to get us off this sinking ship.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 12, 2024, 7:24 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: S.C. judge makes ruling on Clemson's case versus ACC ]

Not true ACC is spending their money correct way. Clemson is not.

TEK

Jul 12, 2024, 2:38 PM

I think we have the best barrister money can buy on this case. No question about it. Oh, and screw the ACC. The only "interests" they represent are their own.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Jul 12, 2024, 7:18 PM

if Clemson wins lawsuit with ACC might become former Clemson fan of 60 years. Clemson and FSU both signed to agreement. SC Judge that sited for Clemson obviously got law degree from Cracker Jacks box.

TEK

Jul 12, 2024, 7:27 PM

Well, bye!

Jul 12, 2024, 7:37 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: S.C. judge makes ruling on Clemson's case versus ACC ]

This isn’t an airport.

No need to announce your departure.

Jul 12, 2024, 8:18 PM

Sovereign immunity. A scoundrel's argument indeed. This is actually what goes on in our just-a system. But I've got muh constitution and muh freedom. Childishness indeed!

one guarantee...

Jul 12, 2024, 8:29 PM

...lawyers will get paid

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Replies: 27
| visibility 4787
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next