Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Gators walk off Tigers in wild 13th for Florida to advance to CWS in umpire-dominated game
Tiger Boards - Clemson Baseball
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 15
| visibility 3659

TNET: Gators walk off Tigers in wild 13th for Florida to advance to CWS in umpire-dominated game

Jun 9, 2024, 7:50 PM

Gators walk off Tigers in wild 13th for Florida to advance to CWS in umpire-dominated game

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What a hard fought game.***

Jun 9, 2024, 7:54 PM

We were the more talented team but didnt play our best ball

Jun 9, 2024, 7:59 PM

Maybe will get them next time, it was nice to be so close to the World Series, better than Monte ever did with our teams.

I believe we have a great coach guys!

Go Tigers!

If Brad would have given a pep talk things could have went a different direction.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: We were the more talented team but didnt play our best ball

Jun 9, 2024, 8:09 PM

It’s a shame that umpires put there signature on the game. Should not have happened. Florida should have had to beat Our best team. And if you’re going to throw out Crighton, they should have thrown out the fella who started everything.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 9, 2024, 8:25 PM [ in reply to We were the more talented team but didnt play our best ball ]

Not close to the most talented my tiger friend

Jun 10, 2024, 10:13 AM

He our best fielder by far. He’s one of the few players in baseball at any level with 1.000 fielding percentage. He never missed a pick at first either. The only way a ball made it to right field or the dugout was on a throw he couldn’t get leather on. He also batted .308 on the year. He also has a very high on-base percentage and scored top three most runs on the team. I’d argue he was one of our best.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 9, 2024, 8:34 PM [ in reply to We were the more talented team but didnt play our best ball ]

Hope Monte Lee sweeps Clemson next season. Low class people bad mouthing our old Coach. Loved Monte at College of Charleston and loved him at Clemson.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TEK

Jun 9, 2024, 11:10 PM

Coot... monte sucked. Thought it was a good hire at the time. But boy was I wrong. Nice guy, but not good for Clemson. I'm friends with a few of his good friends.

Jun 10, 2024, 10:22 AM [ in reply to Re: We were the more talented team but didnt play our best ball ]

Wrote in crayon so this coot can understand : Monte turned Clemson into a garbage fire. Remember how Spurrier left y’all with a dumpster fire? Monte did that at Clemson times two. He has a philosophy that hasn’t been successful on any level anywhere. Look at his record as it speaks for itself. No one on this site is bad mouthing our coaches. Eric Backich is the best coach we’ve had since Bill Wilhelm. Just to explain who that is he is our NCAA Baseball Hall of Fame head coach that made Clemson baseball an elite program. Eric Backich will win a National Championship here. Where were your coots this weekend? At home watching searching for a coach. We know you guys are really stupid down there. Are you really stupid enough to believe Monte Lee is a division one head coach? Probably. Keep our garbage. We will get many laughs as your team continues to spiral downward.

Wait, so the SEC pitcher wasn't ejected for shoving Nawrocki?

Jun 9, 2024, 8:14 PM

What's up with that?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

This is a game

Jun 9, 2024, 9:04 PM

I would like to forget… but never will! Clemson didn’t play perfectly and made a few mistakes that were costly but they were the best team on the field . Hopefully a few changes will be made and the tigers will be improved next season. I never like to blame losses on officiating but todays was the most “unprofessional “ that I have witnessed in recent years.

Gators walk off Tigers in wild 13th

Jun 9, 2024, 10:59 PM

I understand that some of these decisions were not made by the onsite officials, but whoever made these decisions should be banned from calling any future games. The decision to eject Crighton was utter nonsense. Their pitcher should have been kicked out for, in football terms, unsportsmanlike conduct, or a late hit. What the coaches did to get ejected is a mystery to me. The whole thing was shameful.
But I have a question : Why was Darden left in the game when it was obvious he couldn’t get anyone out. He threw something like 7 straight balls, then gave up hits. Were we out of pitchers?

Re: Gators walk off Tigers in wild 13th

Jun 10, 2024, 10:25 AM

We burned everyone. We even burned our Monday starter. We were going to have to run out some freshman and unproven arms. We threw every pitcher we had at them. The late inning game also burned all of Florida’s good arms. Probably would have been a 24-23 game today.

Gators walk off Tigers in wild 13th

Jun 10, 2024, 12:12 AM

Great season. Of course, no one wanted it to end, but if it had to, what a great, competitive, gritty game to end on. Were these SEC umps? It does appear to me that both UGa and Florida got some unusually favorable rulings at our expense.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Revised article title - Tiger Baseball Lays Egg***

Jun 10, 2024, 6:09 AM

My two sense.

Jun 10, 2024, 6:33 AM

1 run lead was never enough for this team. I think Belanger is a product of his players and not the players being a product of his coaching. Just my opinion.

Replies: 15
| visibility 3659
Tiger Boards - Clemson Baseball
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next