Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Those darn immigrants........
General Boards - Politics
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 11
| visibility 780

Those darn immigrants........

Aug 9, 2024, 1:52 PM

We quickly need to find a new way to exploit them. I mean back in the day they built all of the houses that facilitated the housing and financial crisis.

Maybe Intel can hire them to work in chip plants doing what can't be done by machines, or electrical engineers? Maybe Apple can use them to assemble iPhones here in the US?

Lord knows we need more housing, like yesterday. And Denver needs more kitchen staff in restaurants.

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/business/2024/08/09/from-new-york-to-denver-us-cities-are-seeking-migrants-for-jobs/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not the legally employed ones that are problem.

Aug 9, 2024, 1:55 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As of late 2023, 3.7% of illegals were unemployed (high estimate os 4.2%)

Aug 9, 2024, 2:10 PM

Only a touch higher than Americans.

Interestingly, they comprise the majority of job gains since covid.

Furthermore, they are expected to account for around $7 trillion in increased GDP in the next decade.

I'm telling you they're a major part of the system. We all hate debt but no one votes for less spending. We all hate the fact so many come here and work illegally, but we do nothing to stop it. That's because they're so important, as is our spending and debt. As is our trade deficit and foreign labor. It is a system, an empire we run. An economic empire, not military or territorial, but economic. It achieves the same benefits without the nastiness of constant expansion and warfare.

Is what it is.

Note Denver is going after central and SOUTH Americans? Venezuela is a goldmine for anyone who can find one of them. They are the most dollar poor country in SA. And for them, a wage of $8 or $10 is a HUGE improvement, and actually is enough to make the trip worth their effort, as they can support an entire family in Venezuela if they can make $8-$10 an hour. And that lowers our cost of whatever their labor builds/makes. Mexicans don't even come here as much anymore because they've already sent tens of billions back to Mexico over the years, and the dollar has less leverage in Mexico today. Still has leverage in Guatemala, Honduras, and poor(er) countries.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I fully agree with the basic premise of immigrant labor... vetted and cleared.

Aug 9, 2024, 2:18 PM

It's all the other 'bad factions' that aren't being vetted that are the problem.

Either way, something needs to be done about this attempt to automatically give them US citizen's rights for coming here illegally.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That won't happen. Honestly, most wouldn't care. Almost all plan to go home

Aug 9, 2024, 3:10 PM

some day. Only reason they would care if they became citizens, legal, or whatever, is if it stopped the chances of them being deported so they could keep working here and sending dollars to (country) to be exchanged for (currency) in their home country to support loved ones. They don't come for the American dream. They don't come here for government handouts. They come here for DOLLARS to feed, clothe, house, and provide healthcare for SOMEONE in their home country. Usually a wife and kids, and/or some parents, maybe send a sibling to night school or college, and save up for that retirement land and house they plan to buy when they return to (insert country).

At least that's true with 90%+ of the 96% who are employed in the US. I only deal with the employed (first hand), so that other 4% I'm not sure about. And they actually have a larger rate of employment than Americans. Our labor participation rate is 62%, meaning 38% of Americans are not working, a far higher percentage than illegals.

No one phrases the situation like I do, but 20+ years talking to the mothers, fathers, sisters, wives, girlfriends, and friends of illegal workers (and their employers, bosses, and business owners), what I am saying is the 100% truth from first hand knowledge. I choose to believe first hand knowledge above what a politician, or talking head says on TV or social media, call me stupid I guess. I get Western Union receipts, I get statements, I'm not making this up, nor do I not have years of evidence to back up what I'm saying. And the most disheartening thing is seeing how they are used by politicians, and people who are lied to believe the politicians. That's when you understand the bigger problem, the politicians.

I've RARELY met an illegal who was not wiring money back home. Maybe 1 or 2 out of 500+, and that was because their relative died while they were coming here or working here, so they support another relative, or save up to return home rich. Always have said the most efficient way to stop illegal immigration is to stop the wiring of money internationally. Without that ability, the purpose for 90% of them being here disappears, and they will too.

And this is why you know everything political about illegals is BS, from both parties. Dems say they're refugees, or coming here for the American Dream "Dreamers", BS. Pubs say they're criminals. BS. It's all BS, which then makes you see the situation a lot more clearly for what it is, and more importantly, for what it's being USED FOR by the bigger problem we have that dwarfs illegals. Our politicians, media, and government.

And I wonder, I also talk to the American business owners who employ the illegals. I've talked to a farmer once. Big Trump supporter. And yet he admits without illegal labor, he's have to sell the family farm. I wonder how the farmers who employ illegals to pick peaches, or cut lettuce, or plant owners who employ them to package and butcher meat and process it, I wonder how they can vote for someone who wants to take their best tool to increase profitability away. I wonder how the consumer who votes to send them all home would think if the price of everything they contribute went up because they left? We got a taste of that (inflation) and it was ugly, which was why Biden opened the floodgates. And here is Congress feeding the mouthbreathers the inflation reduction act. BS again. Get imports flowing, and get migrant workers (back) here, ASAP. The pandemic cut illegal immigration more than any President of politician ever dreamed of. It also balanced our trade deficit more than any politician, or Trump with his tariffs, could have ever dreamed of. And we paid dearly.

People are not dumb, but they sure are ignorant. Why is this problem not fixed? Because it's a problem we're married to, attached to at the hip, and depend on. And we can't be told re are dependent on, or rely on, something we know is bad, or wrong. That would be too much truth to digest, so just point fingers, and do nothing. Throw some money around, and that's that.

Re: Those darn immigrants........

Aug 9, 2024, 1:59 PM

Interesting that someone can own 17 bars and restaurants without understanding basic supply and demand. If you can't find enough workers, you need to pay more. Denver isn't a cheap place to live. Why do these leeches feel entitled to unlimited amounts of minimum-wage labor?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Those darn immigrants........

Aug 9, 2024, 2:04 PM

Not to mention his employees probably all qualify for taxpayer-funded social services because their wages are so low.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wal-Marts did... I'm not sure if that's still the case, but probably.***

Aug 9, 2024, 2:07 PM

The only minimum wage labor left in the US are the 25% of HS kids working

Aug 9, 2024, 3:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Those darn immigrants........ ]

And Venezuelans (mostly).

Try the restaurant/beverage industry... Most are working for tips that are taxed***

Aug 9, 2024, 3:59 PM

Exploit them? LOL***

Aug 9, 2024, 2:53 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, laughing out loud.

Aug 9, 2024, 3:14 PM

Send them all home then go buy a house, some produce, or some hot dogs. Go right ahead.

Dems never made them citizens, and pubs never stopped them either. Ever wonder why?

Why? Because we make more money exploiting their cheaper labor.

Replies: 11
| visibility 780
General Boards - Politics
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next