Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Talk about Living in their Heads
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2721

Talk about Living in their Heads

Aug 28, 2017, 3:13 PM

Had the radio on 107.5 here in NE Columbia on my way home from the bank just a few minutes ago, and this guy "Brian" calls in. Says he had to change his name in case someone knew his real name. (Oh Kay) Any way, goes on to tell the hosts he was at a party in a predominantly Clemson crowd on Saturday and everyone was talking up the season until he "dropped the bomb with one simple question" (paraphrasing). "What happens when Clemson loses four or five games this season including against us (Scar)?"
I'm starting to laugh as I turn up the volume. Dude says all the Clemson fans were suddenly quiet and worried and said we'd have to fire Dabo.
Okay, let's say this loser actually WAS at a party Saturday, and there WERE several Clemson fans present. If he really asked that stupid question, there isn't one fan I know who wouldn't just spit their drink out laughing in his face.
Reality check on register one, please.
To his credit, Tommy Moody said if Clemson went on to lose 12-15 games over the next several seasons it would be the biggest upset since App St. beat Michigan.
Sports radio is so entertaining here now that WBB is FINALLY over.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

I'm not surprised everyone at the party was dumbfounded when

Aug 28, 2017, 3:17 PM

the coot asked: "What happens when Clemson loses four or five games this season including against us (Scar)?"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Good point. Much more likely scenario.

Aug 28, 2017, 3:22 PM

What he mistook for worry was their wondering: "What is he on?"

WL

Re: Talk about Living in their Heads

Aug 28, 2017, 3:27 PM

Was it a party ... or was " Brian " there unwittingly for his own intervention ?

Almost certainly what he's describing are the effects of methylamphetacrack . His friends knew " Brian " could and probably would say anything ...that's why nobody laughed at his statement of fantasy .

DB23

Aug 28, 2017, 3:51 PM

Absolutely Dug, first of all, I don't believe the coot was at a party that was dominantly Tigers fans. His story actually sounds like a made up that he himself made up at the moment just to have something negative about Clemson with Tiger fans insinuating that Dabo would need firing if something that ridiculous would happen. Clemson will never again be a 4-5 game loss team again as long as Dabo is coaching at Clemson. If this story is being told accurately, it's clearly a coot fantasy, that he couldn't tell it the same way tomorrow. One thing about a lie, they are very hard to tell the same the next day, and the truth can be told the same for life!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 28, 2017, 3:28 PM

This is why you shouldn't drink absinthe at party's, you can never tell what kind of hallucinations you might have.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 28, 2017, 3:31 PM

That's right Gumby ... kid has a need for help , and ridicule never helped anyone .

DB23

Aug 28, 2017, 3:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Talk about Living in their Heads ]

With me not being privy to this story, I'm betting there wasn't a party, it's made up in that coots mind, what little he has!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He should have at least told a truthful story

Aug 28, 2017, 3:36 PM

it probably went more like this.

"I was the dishwasher's assistant's helper at a party on Saturday and I brought up the scenario of clemson losing 4-5 games this year. I was immediately asked to leave and turn my apron in. I'll make sure not to bring up this same question while i'm cleaning burnt dough off the pizza oven at my day job"

I'm sure his real name was

Aug 28, 2017, 3:37 PM

"Brain" in stead of "Brian," 'cause all his family has made fun of him since the day he was hatched.

i was at that party

Aug 28, 2017, 3:46 PM

you cannot believe a d@mn thing brian says

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4SYc_flMnMQ

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: i was at that party***

Aug 28, 2017, 3:52 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

"HEY CLEMSUX FANS, WUT IF WE'RE ALL JUST IN SPURRIER'S DREAM

Aug 28, 2017, 4:58 PM

AND HE'S ABOUT TO WAKE UP AND KICK SOME A$$ THIS SEASON! BEWM, DON'T LEAVE YOUR BRIANS ON THE FLOOR AFTER I JUST BLEW YER DANG MINDS"

Clemson

I saw a movie called "Split". It may explain

Aug 28, 2017, 5:23 PM

Brian.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Clemson very possibly could lose to South Carolina

Aug 28, 2017, 5:40 PM

In women's basketball.

Replies: 14
| visibility 2721
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic