Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
People have blamed Cade for the downfall of the Clemson offense
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 3920

People have blamed Cade for the downfall of the Clemson offense

Jul 9, 2024, 8:59 AM

But when you compare his numbers with the two greatest QBs ever at Clemson…

TD/TO
Trevor Lawrence 90/17
Deshaun Watson 90/32
Cade Klubnic. 21/12

If you project Cade out for three years with no improvement his numbers will be 62/36 and rank in the top 5 in Clemson history.

He also has not had the advantage of having elite receivers that would take the ball from the defender.
And most of the fumbles were not on him, the Duke game was lost because of fumbles by our running backs.

Is Cade the best to play at Clemson? No, but he has the potential to be very good this year if the OL improves and the wide receivers catch the ball.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: People have blamed Cade for the downfall of the Clemson offense

Jul 9, 2024, 9:09 AM

Better OL and limit TOs; we'll be fine. That is presupposing the new WRs step in and up quickly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 9, 2024, 9:17 AM

Please don’t take this as me suggesting Cade is the problem. He is not. But….it is tough to compare offensive statistics since the game has changed so much through the years. The game has evolved from a run and grind it out game to a wide open RPO game. The rules have even changed to make that so. Cade just needs to be the best version of Cade along with everyone else around him and we will be just fine.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cade simply put was not the problem***

Jul 9, 2024, 9:22 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 9, 2024, 9:30 AM

The downfall started w/ DJ and has continued with Cade. I'm so tired of hearing that our WR's are bad when I see wide open WR's not get looked at play after play. THe reason Cade's int numbers are down is because he refused to throw the ball downfield. We have basically had no downfield passing game the last 3 years.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 9, 2024, 9:34 AM

Finally, somebody gets it. No matter what his numbers were they should’ve been much much better. Every game we saw open receivers that aren’t getting the ball. Every game we saw idiotic decision-making from cade. I’m convinced that people that always use the numbers don’t know what the #### they’re watching

Jul 9, 2024, 10:44 AM

At 6'-2" tall, I wonder sometimes how well Cade can see the field.

Jul 9, 2024, 11:34 AM

He struggles to see the field I believe. Hopefully this year the coaches can open up windows for him 😂

Jul 9, 2024, 3:01 PM [ in reply to Re: People have blamed Cade for the downfall of the Clemson offense ]

To be honest, I think it was more OC Riley than Cade. It drove me nuts with his play calling. How did he
get TCU to score like they did? Perhaps he was overrated.

Jul 9, 2024, 9:31 AM

Wrong wrong and wrong. Stop talking about his ####### numbers and watch the football games. Most of the problems you are going to see from him aren’t in the numbers. Cade sucks ### and I hope he is out of Clemson within the next month

Jul 9, 2024, 10:01 AM

You are the worst Clemson fan on the Boards. Go find a new home.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 9, 2024, 10:20 AM

CHARLIE IS NOT A CLEMSON FAN AND SHOULD HAVE BEEN BANNED MONTHS AGO. BUT HEY NOT THE WAY IT WORKS ON THIS SITE.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 9, 2024, 10:40 AM [ in reply to Re: People have blamed Cade for the downfall of the Clemson offense ]

😢

Jul 9, 2024, 10:16 AM [ in reply to Re: People have blamed Cade for the downfall of the Clemson offense ]

User Logo
BaseballCharlie
Orange Blooded [2701]
TigerPulse: 100%
Jul 9, 2024, 9:31 AM [ in reply to People have blamed Cade for the downfall of the Clemson offense ]

Wrong wrong and wrong. Stop talking about his ####### numbers and watch the football games. Most of the problems you are going to see from him aren’t in the numbers. Cade sucks ### and I hope he is out of Clemson within the next month

ALL THIS FROM CHARLIEKNOWSNOTHINGABOUTBASEBALL. GUESS IT APPLIES TO FOOTBALL.

Jul 9, 2024, 9:38 AM

Food for thought. Cade hasn’t thrown a passing TD since the UNC game.

I’ll reserve my opinion until I see him play in 24, but I am expecting much of the same ole same ole.

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

may have been just a bad game but I was troubled by the amount of offense

Jul 9, 2024, 9:42 AM

we put up against Tennessee in that bowl game and we would malfunction every time we got in the red zone. I know that was a different O.C. but at the end of the day executing the play is the name of the game. We've also had issues in the red zone even with the new O.C. Sometimes players get way too amped up and change their game when its "go time." I will chalk it up to youth and inexperience in those seasons and expect this year to be more measured and efficient.

Cade just needs to mature as a QB...

Jul 9, 2024, 9:43 AM

As he continues to develop, hopefully that translates into better decision making and fewer turnovers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Jul 9, 2024, 9:54 AM

People usually have no clue when they blame a coach, a referee or a player. Since Trevor and ETN left, our talent level across the board has just not been at the top. We have been and will continue to be a very good team, but the last 5 years should have taught those that expect an undefeated, championship team every year need to temper their expectations. Winning a championship is very, very hard and requires not only talent but few injuries and luck.

Wishful thinking is one thing and reality is another.

Jul 9, 2024, 10:04 AM

No excuses disguised as insightful rationalization.

CK needs to play like a Champion. Spot the #### ball.

Cade is only part of the problem...

Jul 9, 2024, 10:09 AM

He definitely had his issues (ex. situational mental lapses, holding the ball too long, and staring down one receiver instead of seeing the field), but there were other issues on offense.

1. Our route tree lacked creativity on 3rd down.
2. The OL played undisciplined ball.
3. WRs dogging it on routes (Randall).
4. Overall play-calling was far too predictable.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If the OL is as good as most people expect them to be...

Jul 9, 2024, 10:11 AM

.... and the WR corp can stay healthy, then we will have a much better understanding of how good Cade is.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry but I see absolutely no comparison there at all

Jul 9, 2024, 10:35 AM

And that's literally only 2 select stats out of a myriad of relevant ones - some of which are even more unfavorable to Cade.

To expand on this a little

Jul 9, 2024, 10:48 AM

Cade's passing numbers are worse across the board (nearly every relevant stat) than Cullen Harper and Kelly Bryant.

Jul 9, 2024, 10:52 AM

Way to regurgitate WCCP 🤣

Jul 9, 2024, 11:38 AM

Agree Cade is not the entire problem but he contributed greatly to the offense's stagnation. I will say our OL has been putrid in pass blocking though. I noticed how gunshy Cade gets after getting sacked a few times (understandably so) and he is quick to bail and try and run. He also throws a ball into traffic way too much for a guy that puts a lot of air under the ball.
all that said I have seen a lot of qbs make great progress so I hope cade does this as well.

Valid point, but its also important to keep in mind that we were run heavy

Jul 9, 2024, 11:46 AM

for the first 100+ years of our football history.

We have only relied more on a passing QB for the last 25 years.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Valid point, but its also important to keep in mind that we were run heavy

Jul 9, 2024, 3:37 PM

Welcome to modern football Keller.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

You left one out Tajh Boyd 107/39

Jul 9, 2024, 12:28 PM

There's plenty of blame to go around but Cade absolutely shares some responsibility in our offensive decline. Don't compare him to two first round QBs compare him to Tajh; we'd be significantly improved on offense with Boyd instead of Klubnik. What sets those three apart from Cade isn't their arms, it's their heads. Cade hasn't yet shown the aptitude that those three possess.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 9, 2024, 2:15 PM

Hit two makable field goals last season and we finished the regular season 10-2 and we aren't having these conversations.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Score TDs and you don't have to kick them

Jul 9, 2024, 2:52 PM

Good offenses score TDs. Mediocre offenses, particularly ones that can't generate big plays, stall out a lot.

Tennessee game 2 years ago is a prime example. We had a good bit of yardage, but our yards per play was very low, and we generated very few big plays which led to alot of drives that went 30-40 yards and then ended in long FG attempts or short punts.

Im putting it on Dabo

Jul 9, 2024, 4:47 PM

I am convinced that Dabo has been meddling with the offense and not letting Coach Riley take over with his own offense. He made it clear that the Tigers run the “Clemson Offense” which is stupid because they have different players each year with individual talents. Cade has his own strengths, which Riley has to work with.

Jul 9, 2024, 5:03 PM

Cade is average at best, comparing him to D.Wat and Trevor is incredibly ridiculous. I bet he isn't even the starter by the end of the season. He and Dabo is directly responsible for Clemson's downfall.

Replies: 31
| visibility 3920
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic