Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Morning after thoughts on the game.
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 10
| visibility 1577

Morning after thoughts on the game.

Oct 6, 2024, 9:20 AM

The total offense yards by both teams was about what I expected. I didn't expect Clemson to get inside the 25 yard line 7 times and settle for 5 FG, with 2 blocks. 15 points.

If Clemson had scored 3 TD and 3 FG in those 7 trips that would be more of what I was expecting. That would have been 30 points and the final score would have been 44-13, which would have been closer to the score I was expecting.

Something else I didn't expect. I was expecting Clemson to load the box and send 5 or 6 on every play. Instead, they blitzed a little but most of the night just let the 4 guys stuff the run game, which they did. We saw that he could drop 7 into coverage and still get pressure on Brock.

I also didn't expect Dabo to play as conservative as he did. But, he dind't need to open up the offense. After FSU cut the lead to 10 and missed the two point conversion, Clemson went right down the field and got a FG, then held FSU 3o 3 and out, then went down the field for another FG.

As coaches say, the lack of success in the redzone give Dabo and staff some "coachable moments."

Man, I sue wish Miami had lost.

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Morning after thoughts on the game.

Oct 6, 2024, 9:22 AM

Thanks for being here.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Oct 6, 2024, 9:36 AM

Agreed, thanks Bret

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ditto on Miami

Oct 6, 2024, 9:37 AM

Lots of complaints about conservative play. Our offense was moving the ball at will and the defense had control of FSU for all but a few cases. FSU had 0 rush yards at the end of the third. This was a huge game for the conference title, a road game and Dabo's record-breaking game. If I were Riley (and yes TNET, Riley calls the offense!), I would have been conservative as well. Why? Well, it worked! Why settle for field goals? Those were basically the margin of victory.

FSU is full of talent and anything can happen in CFB (ask Bama!) Also, BretFSU, I think you found your QB. I feared this for this game. Glenn has talent and he was free to let it show. Once he and the WRs start connecting, it will be big yardage!

It's a win on the road and nobody but TNET cares about how you get there.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not a blue thing or a red thing! Quit your cult and think for yourself.

Re: Ditto on Miami

Oct 6, 2024, 9:49 AM

I disagree to some extent about fsu finding their qb. Yes, I do believe if Glenn had played all season, they'd probably have been 3-3 instead of 1-5. Maybe. But I've watched every fsu game and our game with them was a microcosm of fsu games all season, irregardless of QB's.

DJ dealt with the drops and the pressure, and the lack of a running game. As I've mentioned in several posts all season. FSU’s got talent on defense but they're not disciplined. Good for boneheaded penalties each game, and good for several busts per game. Missed assignments.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2024, 9:53 AM

FWIW FSU fought. All the talk this week about Norvell losing the team and the unenthusiastic races, etc seem to just be talk. They fought and I can confidently say they are the best 1-5 team I’ve ever seen. I’d imagine Norvell will use the rest of the season to figure out the foundation of next years roster and help guys get good NFL video without risking injury for them.

Oct 6, 2024, 11:29 AM

Yeah, I never saw them give up. I've watched most of every game, and as I posted above, I've noticed the same problems week in and week out. Certainly dj not being close to a TL16 didn't help, but it certainly wasn't all his fault.

Anyway, that aside, I would bench the graduate transfers and play the young recruits he's signed. He has had some good classes. I definitely don't even think they'll make a bowl, so get the kids experience as you posted.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I Don't Think in 50 Years of Watching Football I Can Ever Say I Took The Time

Oct 6, 2024, 11:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Morning after thoughts on the game. ]

To study and evaluate the quality of 1-5 teams, so I will take your word for it sir. Well done.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I Don't Think in 50 Years of Watching Football I Can Ever Say I Took The Time

Oct 6, 2024, 11:41 AM

My research was extensive. One day, you might be able to match my energy. I went into deep thought, a trance like state, and no other 1-5 teams came to mind. It was thorough.

AM thoughts...a POX on Duke Energy..

Oct 6, 2024, 11:23 AM

F--- Duke Energy and their sorry a$$ logistics, their uncoordinated bs efforts, csr division where the #1 requirement is that English must be your 2nd or 3rd language, lack of leadership displaying minimal knowledge and understanding of the grid.(Fwiw never in 20 yrs have I been late paying their gd fee). In closing..I repeat
F - - - Duke Energy, burn in he(( for all of eternity. A pox on Duke Energy! If this offended anyone..Good!

Re: My thoughts.....

Oct 6, 2024, 11:34 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1577
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next