Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Interesting that FSU has passed us, yet we're 7-1 against them the last 8 gms?
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 15
| visibility 956

Interesting that FSU has passed us, yet we're 7-1 against them the last 8 gms?

Aug 14, 2024, 2:33 PM

Sure, last year they beat us in overtime, but that was the first time they had beaten us since 2014. That's almost a decade (and we play them every year). Does that really suggest they've past us by? With that logic, has SCar passed us by too because we lost to them in 2022 despite a decade of dominance?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And we could have just as easily won that game last year.

Aug 14, 2024, 2:41 PM

I think we take them this year.

Re: Interesting that FSU has passed us, yet we're 7-1 against them the last 8 gms?

Aug 14, 2024, 2:42 PM

to be fair you stopped at 8 games for a reason.

College football is all about what have you done lately and most recently they beat us. The tigers just have to go back down to FL and get a win. Should be a great game.

South Carolina was a fluke, shouldn't happen again anytime soon.

Re: Interesting that FSU has passed us, yet we're 7-1 against them the last 8 gms?

Aug 14, 2024, 2:53 PM

Is 8 games not a big enough sample size? We're 7-2 against them the last 10 years. Their only two wins were in overtime and 1 year they refused to play us because the coach knew they were about to get curb stomped (even though he masked it with Covid as the excuse). That's dominance either way you look at it. One recent win does not a "passed" make.

I think what Klatt is trying to say is...

Aug 14, 2024, 3:13 PM

1 - FSU beat us last year (although it was a game Clemson absolutely should have won),

2 - They had a better season than we did, and

3 - They arguably did more with the transfer portal in an attempt to improve their team.

The use of the transfer portal is largely the basis for his argument.

Does that mean FSU has passed Clemson in the ACC pecking order? Not hardly!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I think what Klatt is trying to say is...

Aug 14, 2024, 3:34 PM

Plus FSU bought the best portal QB in the U.S. :)..... the guy that lost his job at (checking notes....) the school that FSU has apparently surpassed - Clemson. Gotta love that Klatt logic.

Well, except the one year we tried to give them covid

Aug 14, 2024, 2:44 PM

But Norvell wisely cancelled the game. 🙄

I agree, they would need to be better than us for 2-3 years to conclude

Aug 14, 2024, 2:56 PM

that they passed us.

But if the question is are they better than us right now, the obvious answer is yes. They beat us last year, they had a better season than we did last year, and they did more since then to improve their team.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Time will tell if their team is improved or not. Same goes for Clemson.***

Aug 14, 2024, 3:05 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Re: I agree, they would need to be better than us for 2-3 years to conclude

Aug 14, 2024, 3:17 PM [ in reply to I agree, they would need to be better than us for 2-3 years to conclude ]

Their most notable "improvement to the team" is DJU at the QB position. He's basically a guy we threw away because he was passed by a true Freshman (who up to this point hasn't even been that good). I seriously doubt he will be an upgrade or an improvement from what they had last year at that position.

Re: I agree, they would need to be better than us for 2-3 years to conclude

Aug 14, 2024, 4:00 PM [ in reply to I agree, they would need to be better than us for 2-3 years to conclude ]

It was the best team they have had in years and we were not playing well and still should have won the game. Has FSU passed Clemson, not even close. They use the portal and lose some out of the portal, revolving door, how does that make them better. We have kids that want to come to Clemson and play at least 3 years. That my friend says the program is solid imo.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MEG

"passed us" is a little strong at this point, but "closed the gap" is obvious...

Aug 14, 2024, 3:05 PM

2018: W 59-10 (49 diff)
2019: W 45-14 (31 diff)
2020: N/A
2021: W 30-20 (10 diff)
2022: W 34-28 (6 diff)
2023: L 31-24 (-7 diff)

to ignore strides our opponents have made OR the fall we've had is ignorant and it's even more ignorant to not see that it coincides with the portal/NIL era of CFB.

Re: "passed us" is a little strong at this point, but "closed the gap" is obvious...

Aug 14, 2024, 3:24 PM

Yep, it's the combination of FSU trending up and Clemson trending down. We can change that narrative this season. Just go win.

the 2015-2020 Clemson teams would have beaten 2023 FSU by 30+

Aug 14, 2024, 3:27 PM [ in reply to "passed us" is a little strong at this point, but "closed the gap" is obvious... ]

They have gotten better but we have done a whole lot of regression.

agree, but does 2015-2020 Clemson even exist in the present CFB era?

Aug 14, 2024, 3:32 PM

FSU has used the new era of CFB to help better themselves as well.

Aug 14, 2024, 5:41 PM

Last year matters some but the other years have no relevance because those players are largely gone. Every year is different and we have a chance to take back the ACC but of course we have to beat NC State first.

Replies: 15
| visibility 956
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next