Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm sorry Spud!!!
Tiger Boards - The Amphitheatre
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 10
| visibility 2088

I'm sorry Spud!!!

Jul 1, 2024, 10:56 AM

Spud

You have been outdone!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm sorry Spud!!!

Jul 1, 2024, 11:13 AM

That fish is a line weight record. Fish caught in Texas, 12lb 3oz on 12lb test line. While that is a huge bass, its far from the World Record of 22lb 4oz.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2024, 8:53 PM

Yep. George Perry is still the man and has been since 1932.

Eventually the new record will be caught and probably in California.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2024, 11:45 PM

The record was caught actually in Japan. The bass was 22lbs 5oz, beating current by 1oz but all new fish records have to be recorded as a minimum of 2oz higher than the current record to cover scales error of 2oz. Crazy a country with no native black bass is producing large bass. That said, I think the new world record will likely come from one of those newer Mexican lakes as the fishing pressure is less than US lakes and newer lakes are always richer in their first 40yrs than later years as they silt in.

I say this with all sincerity. I had a good friend that caught the world record

Jul 2, 2024, 10:36 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm sorry Spud!!! ]

bigger than that about 30 years ago. We were fishing in Mr. CF Evans, of Orangeburg) 30 acre pond on 1200 acres he owns just north of Santee Cooper not too far from Low Falls landing. It was in June or July and I was very lucky to be invited to this paradise. Anyway, my frien, Carlton Salley caught a pig on a quarter ounce black and chrome crankbait, on 4 lb. test line ....FOUR! POUND! on a little yellow glass rod Carlton used for bream fishing.And we were in the middle of standing timber but just happened to be in about a half acre that was barren. I was running the trolling motor and did and excellent job of keeping the boat between the fish and the timber. Anyway, after what seemed like an eternity, I was able to lip the fish and bring it in the boat. I held it up to Carlton, and even though it was the largest bass I had ever seen, I acted like I was going to toss it back and Carlton yelled "Woah!!!". I said,"Carlton, we don't keep'em..and started to toss him again". This time, an emphatic,"If you throw that fish back I'm gonna whip your ###....In Mr. Evans house up above the pond, there are 3 fish on the wall over 10 lbs. and one of them is over 11. I'm gonna hold this one up in front of it and if he is as big, I am going to mount him". Well boys, we marched up that hill, went in the house and Carlton held it up in front of the biggest one and said,"Well?". I said, "Carlton, I can't see the other fish". So, we put it in the back of the truck and put a cold wet towel over it and headed to the closest meat shop,which was about 30 minutes away from what I recall. Boys, that bass, after a 30 minute ride in 90 plus degree heat weighed 12 and a half pounds. AND I DID NOT KNOW UNTIL THIS POST THAT IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A WORLD RECORD ON 4 lb. test......By the way, this pic which I have posted before with yours truly holding an 8 and a 10 was at the same pond....

Spud

Maybe this will work to show Mr. Evans pond. If the yellow marker shows

Jul 2, 2024, 10:42 PM

up, that is where the monster was caught....

https://www.google.com/maps/@33.65087,-80.57017,438m/data=!3m1!1e3?entry=ttu

Looks Shopped :) My Personal Best is 8lb 11oz***

Jul 2, 2024, 10:45 PM [ in reply to I say this with all sincerity. I had a good friend that caught the world record ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL. That was taken with one of those old yellow Kodak throw aways....***

Jul 2, 2024, 10:50 PM

Re: I say this with all sincerity. I had a good friend that caught the world record

Jul 2, 2024, 11:50 PM [ in reply to I say this with all sincerity. I had a good friend that caught the world record ]

I know of a 13lb 5oz caught on 8lb P-Line Flouro, it was during practice and fish was immediately released. It would likely been a line weight record for the state. That 12lb fish is just a state record for Texas.

You should have seen the crankbait he was using. We were catching crappie

Jul 2, 2024, 11:56 PM

by the boat loads that day. I got sick of catching them so I put on a pop-R.....and caught TWO crappie at the same time. I bet we caught 300 of them that day...all of them small..maybe 3 quarters of a pound...

That's a catch, in more ways than one.***

Jul 1, 2024, 11:21 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Replies: 10
| visibility 2088
Tiger Boards - The Amphitheatre
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next