Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I am sorry but this pitching staff is an absolute joke.
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 35
| visibility 1,601

I am sorry but this pitching staff is an absolute joke.

May 12, 2024, 1:31 PM

CB needs portal help or get on it in recruiting.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I am sorry but this pitching staff is an absolute joke.

May 12, 2024, 1:34 PM

Tell me you don’t watch college baseball without telling me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hahaha...

May 12, 2024, 2:09 PM

How so exactly? I'll wait.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: hahaha...

May 12, 2024, 2:31 PM

Our ERA is top 20. What you’re watching is college baseball. Sub A level baseball on average. Low A caliber baseball at its best. The whining and moaning has been going on all season. Just the fact that the majority think pitching is the real problem belies how little they are paying attention. Our fielding is the worst aspect of the team. Hitting is next. That’s just reality but apparently no one lives in it anymore and I’m living in the upside down where the average Clemson fan now believes Brownell is the best coach on campus. This team has played above its weight class all season. We’re a poor hitting team that has managed an unbelievable number of comeback victories. So our hitting has been highly opportunistic. That’s propelled expectations beyond reason and now this board is littered with trash mouthing all game, every game. The same bs infected the last years of Leggett’s tenure, but a certain contingent was tired of him and took every opportunity to express it. So it least made some sense, even if I didn’t agree. This is is just crazy talk happening now. There is as much sh*t talking out baseball team right now as there was at any point in Lee’s tenure. Which is patently stupid.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 12, 2024, 2:34 PM

It is very concerning when you are 9-10 since April 9 with a terrible bullpen and hitters striking out with increasing frequency.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 12, 2024, 3:16 PM

“Very concerning” has to be a reflection of expectations. What were reasonable expectations for this team coming in? We were tenth in the D1 baseball poll which I thought was overwhelmingly generous based on returning talent. Even after this sweep, our RPI is 7th. We’ve played the 10th hardest SOS. We still have a shot at a 40 win regular season. That is pretty rarified air in our history. It isn’t just a second year coach. It’s a second year coach taking over a team that been reduced to a losing season, for the first time in 66 years, just 3 seasons ago.

May 12, 2024, 4:02 PM

9 out of 10 posts on tigernet have no idea what they are talking about.. 100% agree our main problem is our defense and that unfortunately started happening when our ss got injured. With that being said baseball just like most sports is all about confidence. Hughes unfortunately doesn’t need to pitch again this year because he can’t get anybody out without giving up a bomb which is crazy considering he was one of our better relievers last year. We need to regain our mojo this week in all aspects of the game so we can have it going into the regional in a couple weeks.

9 out 10 posters don't know "as much as you do?"

May 12, 2024, 4:21 PM

You must think highly of yourself.

Re: 9 out 10 posters don't know "as much as you do?"

May 13, 2024, 8:59 AM

From the guy who has 63 people on ignore.
😂😂😂

Good? Nah. Concerning? No.***

May 13, 2024, 9:26 AM [ in reply to Re: hahaha... ]

May 12, 2024, 3:58 PM [ in reply to Re: hahaha... ]

Not to mention these "fans" trashing our team were nowhere to be found at the beginning of the season. Must have still been complaining about brownell.....

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 12, 2024, 4:18 PM

I have listened to just about every game this year and a lot last year and have been watching Clemson baseball and going to games from before a lot on this board were born, I bet.

Don't confuse me with viztiz® who has made living here trashing Brownell.

I will stand by what I said, we need some arms. If you don't agree, fine.

May 12, 2024, 4:32 PM

Every team can use better at every position. We are 19th in pitching, 59th in hitting, and 196th in fielding. Those are facts. I don’t care how many games you’ve watched - if you see those stats and think pitching is what needs to be commented on then you don’t understand the game.

May 12, 2024, 6:09 PM

100 percent correct. Our fielding has been atrocious.

Not as bad as softball though.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 13, 2024, 4:33 AM [ in reply to Re: hahaha... ]

You do realize what ERA stands for right … and you do understand that a walk is not part of an earned run unless something has changed… pitching is def a bigger issue with this team than hitting , I would agree fielding is an issue but we are scoring enough to win and anyone that says otherwise bc they can go pull a couple stats has obviously not watched this team lately… the bullpen is letting this team down and it’s not even a conversation. Could we be better at the plate ?.. absolutely but we are good enough to win still

May 13, 2024, 5:49 AM

Walked runners absolutely count against ERA and, even if they didn’t, we’re 38th in the country in walks and 36th in strike to walk ratio. Pitching is not the problem. You can look at facts or be a bunch of emo jag-offs. The latter seems overwhelmingly popular.

May 13, 2024, 6:49 AM

They do count towards the era actual numbers what I’m saying is this teams gives up a ton of unearned runs with the defensive mishaps and especially the pass balls and wild pitches that don’t count towards earned runs if those guys score… what I’m saying is a walk is unearned as in they are free passes and we seem to always do it then give up a bomb or hit after.

May 13, 2024, 6:54 AM [ in reply to Re: hahaha... ]

With all that irrelevant jibber jabber if you can honestly sit there and say you have watched this team lately and don’t think there’s an issue with pitching you don’t watch much baseball simple as that emo jag off 😆 mad bc everyone doesn’t agree with you , it’s ok to have an opinion you think the bats suck or whatever and others think the pen is terrible…

May 13, 2024, 7:31 AM

You’re literally arguing against factual information and talking nonsense. They walked runners count in the ERA when they are followed up by a home run. You are only reinforcing my point. Our fielding percentage is the tremendous negative outlier on this team. And people have been complaining about the pitching since the beginning of the season, not just the last few weeks.

May 13, 2024, 8:12 AM

As I said earlier defense is def a problem with this team as well and lately we have been striking out way too much and leaving runners on but the one consistent inconsistency from this this team most of the year is the pitching and it’s not even close. I understand that walks count towards era that’s not the point… this bullpen can’t hold a lead late in games and I’m not sure what you don’t get about that … I seriously question if you have watched much the last month if you would rank pitching behind hitting and fielding as issues lately , I’m not blasting the pen ALL year bc they have had some decent games but they have hurt this team recently no doubt about it.

May 13, 2024, 8:48 AM

You reposted to my reply to the OP that says this staff is “an absolute joke.” That is out of bounds for someone claiming to be a fan of a team that, even after this sweep, is ranked 7th in RPI and is in position to win the division for only the fourth time since divisions were formed in 2006. This is one if the best regular seasons we’ve had in 20 years. If we can’t try and enjoy this what’s the point?

May 13, 2024, 8:58 AM

I don’t think they are “an absolute joke” but they have giving up a lot of untimely runs late in games recently when it matters… we are doing things that will get you beat against good pitching and better teams in the post season. I’ll just ask a question , do you have confidence in holding a 1-2 run lead in say the 7th inning of a regional or super game with how this pen has performed lately ? The rpi to me shows the work we did early in the season and we are rewarded for that and I’m thankful but this team is not playing like a top 10 team right now at all. But it’s baseball that can all
Change when we get to the post season which I hope it does… and in regards to your comment about enjoying the regular season, I def am. IMO Bakich is well ahead of schedule from where we were a couple years ago he’s done a fantastic job and should only get better as far as pitching, but it’s also ok to be a little frustrated when you are ranked that high and have the struggles the last month we have had. I think ppl just wanna see this team atleast make it out of a home regional, that would make me happy anything else is a disappointment imo.

Dude, you keep changing your narrative.

May 13, 2024, 9:30 AM

Why seek negative so hard?

Re: Dude, you keep changing your narrative.

May 13, 2024, 9:43 AM

How am I changing a narrative ? Lol

May 13, 2024, 9:48 AM [ in reply to Re: hahaha... ]

Or could it be baseball and they are in a slump?

May 13, 2024, 7:12 AM [ in reply to Re: hahaha... ]

The problem is not era it is walks and giving up runs at key times when they come in—-the bullpen is not dependable—peruod

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 13, 2024, 7:33 AM

Yes, it’s a shame that walked runners don’t count in ERA. Oh wait.

Im laughing so hard at the end of this post

May 13, 2024, 7:56 AM [ in reply to Re: hahaha... ]

I’m never seen someone try to convince themselves they are right about something so hard. Yeah let’s blame this on bad mouthing by the fans. And this coming from the guy who was the main provocateur during the Lee era. I’ve seen you talk more #### about Monte Lee since he was fired than anyone has about Bakich so I guess you were the problem then?

Re: Im laughing so hard at the end of this post

May 13, 2024, 8:33 AM

Lee brought us our first losing season in my lifetime and most others on here. He became the coach because of the combination of the hubris and stupidity of a portion of our fanbase and the malignance of Dan Radakovich. The only thing I was wrong about, in regards to the hiring of Lee, was how long the fanbase would tolerate it.

And I’m offering actual stats about this team - I don’t need to convince myself of anything.

May 13, 2024, 7:11 AM [ in reply to Re: I am sorry but this pitching staff is an absolute joke. ]

I see this every time something has been posted talking about getting worked every weekend for the past month.

It gets old man.

The guy has a valid point. This staff is one of the worst in the nation, its even being said by media around the state. The bullpen is legit possibly the worst in the nation

May 13, 2024, 7:35 AM

At the risk of being flagged, you might be the dumbest person on this board.

May 13, 2024, 8:19 AM [ in reply to Re: I am sorry but this pitching staff is an absolute joke. ]

"Worst in the nation" .......at #19 in the nation

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Baseball has ups and downs, but look at the overall picture***

May 13, 2024, 9:29 AM [ in reply to Re: I am sorry but this pitching staff is an absolute joke. ]

Re: Baseball has ups and downs, but look at the overall picture***

May 13, 2024, 9:51 AM

And we are down on both sides. People need to lighten up.

May 13, 2024, 7:04 AM

It’s only year 2 for this staff. Bit early to start panicking. Hopefully we will get some help on the mound for next year.

Its fine. No need to replace anyone.***

May 13, 2024, 9:25 AM

Replies: 35
| visibility 1,601
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next