Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Excitement cutting grass
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 22

Excitement cutting grass

Mar 10, 2023, 7:51 AM

Yesterday, I fired up the old lawn mower to cut the yard for the first time of the season.

I pumped up the tires, checked all the fluids, and sharpened the blades. All was good.

As I made my way around to the back yard, I heard something hit the blade. Probably a rock, I thought, so I kept going. As I made my turn and came back by for another lap, I saw a fire in the yard. I jumped off the mower and ran to the fire. My first thought was that I hit a rock and maybe it threw a spark and caught some leaves.

As I surveyed the area, I realized that I had run over a 20V Dewalt Li-on battery... a big 5aH one - no less. One of the cells had burst into flames and was glowing orange. I run back to my shop to grab some channellocks so I can pick up the molten material and throw it in a dogfood bowl. As I'm running barefoot through the yard, another cell bursts into flames and jumps a few feet in the air spinning around. In the dog bowl it went. As I searched the yard for the missing lithium ion cells, I collected pieces of yellow and black debris. No more fires for the night, but dayum! That was exciting and unexpected.

The good news is that I found where my missing impact driver was. Bad news is it's in 100 pieces. I must have left it in the yard under a tree while working on a project months ago and grass grew over it.

Have a good Friday, boys!

Here is a representation of the fire:

Here is a representation of me in my freshly mowed lawn:

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

This is why I always keep an unexpired fire extinguisher

Mar 10, 2023, 7:57 AM

on the lawnmower.

Man, putting out grass fires in the yard with your shoes.....those were the good ol days.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please don't resist when the officers come to arrest you.

Mar 10, 2023, 7:58 AM

Having an expired fire extinguisher is a serious felony not to be taken lightly because it's the type of offense that puts the rest of humanity in harm's way. You should be ashamed, and I think a year or two of playing cards and lifting weights with Alex Murdaugh should bring you around to clear thinking when it comes to obeying the laws of this state.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m certain your wife left that in the yard.

Mar 10, 2023, 8:02 AM

No man would EVER do that.

She was probably juggling doing some routine exterior

Mar 10, 2023, 8:15 AM

home maintenance with grilling the steaks. Easy to get distracted.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't blame her. Her sorry assss husband spends

Mar 10, 2023, 8:19 AM

100 hours a week at his job where he just sits around and plays on the computer.

I remember how it got left out there.

Mar 10, 2023, 8:18 AM [ in reply to I’m certain your wife left that in the yard. ]

I think I told the story on here when my cat climbed to the top of a 400 year old oak tree and wouldn't come down.

Well, as a refresher...

The fire department came out while I was working and couldn't reach it with their ladder truck, so when I got home, I climbed to as high as I could with an extension ladder, then pulled the ladder up in the tree and screwed it to the tree so I could go even higher. Then I took a pool net slathered in canned cat food and managed to swipe the cat out of the tree. You see, the tree is hollow so this damnn cat would pop up and disappear and then pop up on the other end of the tree like whack-a-mole. I grabbed the cat after a solid 2 hours of trying to catch it. I stuffed it in a bookbag and tossed all of my gear to the ground. One piece of this gear was my impact driver. I guess it got overlooked while the kids were playing with the cat and SarahAdidas was giving me my hero's jow blob.

So in a way, it was her fault.

And no, I didn't get a jow blob. I think I got a post on facebook praising my bravery, so I got that going for me.

FT Noise

Mar 10, 2023, 8:29 AM

Cat gets up there by itself, Ima let the cat get down by itself. Anything outside of that is the cycle of life.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed

Mar 10, 2023, 8:39 AM

but in my defense, I really thought I'd get a jow blob if I pulled off a successful rescue mission.

Plus wife said that one of the firemen said he'd come back the next day with his personal bucket truck and get it down, and I really didn't want that guy sniffing around my home while I wasn't there.

And if it doesn't. Well. It's just a cat.

Mar 10, 2023, 8:39 AM [ in reply to FT Noise ]

Not like it has a soul.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

drunk at the putt putt.

Ever seen a dead cat skeleton in a tree there, Ryan?***

Mar 10, 2023, 11:58 AM [ in reply to I remember how it got left out there. ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I should have asked my daughter that question.***

Mar 10, 2023, 12:13 PM

YOU DID WHAT?

Mar 10, 2023, 12:21 PM [ in reply to I remember how it got left out there. ]

"then pulled the ladder up in the tree and screwed it to the tree" is classic. I so wish there was video evidence of this tom-foolery.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That’ll learn you to cut grass in bare feet

Mar 10, 2023, 8:04 AM

Probably not

But it should

Condolences on the loss of your impact driver, imagine it’s terror, just when it thought it was going to be rescued, kablooey!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

congrats on making your property an EPA Contamination Zone

Mar 10, 2023, 8:08 AM

The EPA defines a “brownfield site” as “real property, the expansion, redevelopment, or reuse of which may be complicated by the presence or potential presence of a hazardous substance, pollutant, or contaminant.”

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is the typical level of chaos every cat strives for.

Mar 10, 2023, 8:36 AM

Failed fire department rescue. Grown ### man climbing tree. Multiple power tools and ladders. An improvised cat-food net. And the cherry on top, an actual fire months later complete with grown ### man hot-footing around yard.
Just think how close the cat was to burning down the entire ####### neighborhood.

And right now, the same cat is dragging his ####### across your pillowcase. Might #### on our clothes for having the audacity to contain the fire.

you're right. Cats are the best. Way better than dogs.

Mar 10, 2023, 8:40 AM

but also, cats are the worst and I'm going to go home and throw him in the swimming pool.

ryanadidas be like

Mar 10, 2023, 8:42 AM

LOOK AT ME! I CAN LEAVE $200 DOLLARS OUT IN

Mar 10, 2023, 8:43 AM

THE YARD AND HAVE NO QUALMS OF RUNNING IT OVER WITH A LAWNMOWER.

I hope you know how deep you cut FBMooch with this story.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Excitement cutting grass

Mar 10, 2023, 8:49 AM

You literally saved the neighborhood from going up in flames.

Can't believe someone didn't come by and offer to do your yard work for the summer while you sat and sipped brews for your heroic actions.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

or at least another jow blob

Mar 10, 2023, 8:54 AM

anything to keep those firemen from showing back up.

If'n I've learnt anything from FBCOOCH it's that you don't want public servants at your house while you're not there.

Man, look at Mr. Money Bags over here

Mar 10, 2023, 11:26 AM

"Ohh yeah, I just go buy a new Dewalt impact whenever I need one and just throw it in the yard when I'm done"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish.

Mar 10, 2023, 12:16 PM

I went ahead and bought another one, though... because I can get by without it, BUT it fills that nice niche between hammer drill and 3/4" drive dewalt 20v impact that I snaked from work.

Replies: 22
| visibility 22
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic