Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Everything was ready for us to leave the ACC
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 11
| visibility 3067

Everything was ready for us to leave the ACC

Jul 22, 2024, 7:00 PM

But the conference has played this “ delay “ game… they’re going to do everything they can to slow this process down… but in the end we WILL leave and a announcement leaving this year is still in the cards.

Side note… Jim Phillips has a big nose.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Everything was ready for us to leave the ACC

Jul 22, 2024, 7:16 PM

You saw his nose from the side? Doesn’t matter and he ain’t the real Jim Phillips anyway.

Go Tigers

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is this the post to say your jul 15th promise was incorrect?

Jul 22, 2024, 7:47 PM

It’s hard to tell because you did not include the words: Wrong, I, or Was.

BTW David Hood said just an hour ago that we aren’t gonna announce we’re leaving by August 15th; so, Imma listen to him.

Jul 22, 2024, 7:58 PM

Get it right. All ACC schools signed the GOR. Florida State sued the ACC. We sued the ACC. The ACC counter sued. How is the ACC holding up the process when it is in the hands of the courts?

Jul 22, 2024, 8:01 PM

You obviously don’t understand how things work… they clearly can offer a buyout to Clemson and fsu but WONT until they have to. They’re desperate to keep the 2.

Jul 22, 2024, 8:10 PM

Don't feed the troll!!!!!!

Jul 22, 2024, 9:50 PM

I am so tired of the inaction on this. But with NIL and the portal it makes me less and less interested in college sports

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2024, 10:38 PM

I wonder on what grounds can lead to you leaving. Changing market conditions is no avenue of escape. I've got customers that want out of their contract or have it changed but no dice. They signed their contract and must adhere to it. Seems like that is what will face you. You've not only signed it BUT signed it TWICE and have accepted money. I think you're tied for the long term. All I can say is good luck.

Clemson isnt arguing that they didnt sign it or

Jul 22, 2024, 10:57 PM

that it doesn’t exist. They are arguing that it only applies while they are a member. If the court rules in Clemson’s favor then the media rights are no longer an obstacle. Only the exit fee which would be affordable as opposed to future media rights + exit fee which would not make sense to leave/pay. FSU lawsuit was not making that argument although they may have amended to add Clemson’s argument. Clemson is trying to get the courts to clarify $ owed. FSU is basically suing to get out #### or high water and arguing they can’t be bound by GOR etc.

Re: Clemson isnt arguing that they didnt sign it or

Jul 23, 2024, 6:09 AM

I am certainly not a lawyer but it hit me that the focus on the "is a member" in the ESPN agreement makes the case that there are no media rights if we are not members and there is no GOR to pay. We just need the courts to agree now.

This if one way to say

Jul 23, 2024, 5:38 AM [ in reply to Re: Everything was ready for us to leave the ACC ]

You haven’t read one article about the cases.

Jul 23, 2024, 6:01 AM

Did the new teams come in knowing they would need to sign on as well, or does that even matter now? How many schools re up this deal after 2036?

They eagerly signed this deal is definitely concerning imo. Not because it matters but in the thought that this was a great idea.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MEG

Replies: 11
| visibility 3067
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next