Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
DAY 2 @ The R&A WOMEN'S AMATEUR . . .
Tiger Boards - Women's Sports
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 14
| visibility 1036

DAY 2 @ The R&A WOMEN'S AMATEUR . . .

Jun 25, 2024, 10:07 AM
IMG_1944.jpeg(70.9 K)
IMG_1945.jpeg(74.2 K)
IMG_1946.jpeg(72.3 K)

In Ireland . . .

Annabelle Pancake is +1 through 3 Holes today . . . Currently sitting @ +7 for the Tournament and T-39th Place . . . She still has not made a birdie @ Portmarnock!

Sydney Roberts is +7 through 12 Holes today . . . Currently sitting @ +12 for the Tournament and T-73rd Place . . . Just 1 shot outside of the Cut (Top 64).

Isabella Rawl finished her day @ +8 . . . She is currently sitting @ +20 for the Tournament and T-125th Place.

Here’s the Link to follow Our Gals as they attempt to make it through to Match Play:
https://www.randa.org/championships/the-womens-amateur-championship-stroke-play-leaderboard

Crisp and Straight TIGERS!!!

Clemgalalways®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DAY 2 @ The R&A WOMEN'S AMATEUR . . .

Jun 25, 2024, 10:16 AM

I posted the north south links in yesterday thread. FYI

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sidney Roberts has found feathers . . .

Jun 25, 2024, 10:41 AM
IMG_1949.jpeg(22.6 K)
IMG_1950.jpeg(306.4 K)
IMG_1951.jpeg(345.0 K)

and is now inside the Cut (currently T-62nd Place) for Match Play Qualification with just 3 Holes remaining to be played.

Annabelle Pancake’s Card was just Updated . . . She is still birdie-free in Ireland!!! That has to change!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sidney Roberts has found feathers . . .

Jun 25, 2024, 11:11 AM

Dangit Sydney. Promptly bogeys the next two. She may have gotten in with just one more bogey. Not sure it'll reach +13. That'd be ashamed because she has found some feathers. It will be interesting as the day progresses. Maybe she finds a birdie on 18. Nope, finished 13. Believe it's going to be unlucky 13. Just 17 in front of her and 13 would have to blow up as I listed the 17 from +6 thru +12. Most are more than half way through their round.

She played her heart out. I'm sure she can think of multiple shots that she could have saved. Still the only Tiger to record multiple birds. Think issabella had 1.

Message was edited by: Clemgalalways®

Changing bed linens . . .

Jun 25, 2024, 11:59 AM
IMG_1953.jpeg(73.3 K)
IMG_1954.jpeg(69.6 K)

and washing clothes . . . then I checked back in on Our Gals . . . my heart sank when I looked . . . I know she gave it her ALL . . . just disappointed for her.

Annabelle can create a little cushion with just ONE birdie . . . maybe she’s saving them all for Match Play . . . I wish . . . typically, Play gets tougher in the afternoons in the UK . . . so, hopefully she can “Par Out” and slide in easily. 🤞🏻🤞🏻 Druids STAY AWAY!!!

Re: Changing bed linens . . .

Jun 25, 2024, 2:01 PM

We need Anna to have a couple triple bogeys. Darn, she was at 10 and went birdie birdie to tie Annabelle. Just need a few to have bad holes.

How about Lottie. Talk about have a day. She'll take the LPGA by storm. Wow. More birds in one round than the entire field in 2 days.

Go Annabelle Go!!!! Way to finish!!!

We need all 3 of the remaining 12 overs to finish +1 the rest of the way for Sydney to squeeze into a 7 for 1 playoff. It'd be a crime if she didn't get a chance... but one stinky bogey, or just one stroke off the doubles and triples from yesterday. Ouch.

Update!!!! Unless the young lady at 14 finishes the last 3 holes -2 then there will be a 6 for one playoff spot. Well, Sydney put herself in that position but it's looking like at least she'll get a chance... and izzy and Annabelle will cheer her on. Hopefully she birdies the first playoff hole. Got to feel one might. Hope they show it.

Annabelle finally found feathers in Ireland!!!

Jun 25, 2024, 3:20 PM
IMG_1962.jpeg(60.2 K)
IMG_1964.jpeg(84.7 K)

She is hanging in there at +8 for the Tournament with 3 Holes remaing . . . one of which is the shortest Par 5 on the Card.

Sydney’s chances are looking better as the Cut has moved to +12.

Annabelle closes with another birdie . . .

Jun 25, 2024, 3:23 PM
IMG_1965.jpeg(61.0 K)
IMG_1967.jpeg(65.9 K)

leaving Sidney to wait with fingers crossed.

Nice Round for Our TIGER to make it into Match Play . . . Woad, with the -6 Round today, is indeed the #1 Rated Amateur!!!

*** And just like that 🫰🏻. . . Sydney is in the Top 64 . . . Hoping she remains there and clears the playoff process if needed. ***

Message was edited by: Skeeta56® moving them to this thread from the wrong one.

Here's a Quick Look @ Portmarnock . . .

Jun 25, 2024, 3:53 PM

in case you’re ever curious about the course Our TIGERS are playing:

https://youtu.be/3UU_-RDGDjs?feature=shared

We’ll probably be able to stream the Match Play Portion of this Tournament if coverage is like it was last year.

Here is your 6 for 1 Playoff . . .

Jun 25, 2024, 4:24 PM
IMG_1972.jpeg(49.0 K)

sooooooo . . . You’re saying there’s a chance?!!!

Current Rankings of those involved:
Anna Morgan 28
Johanna Axelson 636
Rebekka Skoler 690
Patience Rhodes 118
Sydney Roberts 418
Margiela Atienza 379

Keep in mind - the WINNER gets Lottie Woad in the 1st Round of Match Play . . .

Pulling for you Sidney . . . Hope you had time to “warm up”!!!

And then there were THREE . . .

Jun 25, 2024, 4:55 PM
IMG_1973.jpeg(37.1 K)

Let’s Do THIS Sydney!!!

Re: And then there were THREE . . .

Jun 25, 2024, 5:01 PM

Why is Anna score not posted except a C. This is fun. Wish we could watch.

Re: And then there were THREE . . .

Jun 25, 2024, 5:36 PM [ in reply to And then there were THREE . . . ]

Darnit. Went 4 holes. Hopefully they'll post the scores. That's ashamed but what motivation and experience for our young Tiger. This will give her a little Xtra for practice. Love you Sydney. Good luck to her sis in Myrtle Beach in her tournament.

Go Annabelle!!!

I figured Anna Morgan was Cut . . .

Jun 25, 2024, 6:47 PM
IMG_1974.jpeg(89.8 K)
IMG_1977.jpeg(217.7 K)
IMG_1978.jpeg(192.5 K)

for whatever reason . . . Injury? Out Sightseeing? Congested? 🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏽

They were showing hole-by-hole results and Sydney was one of three left standing after 2 Holes and I had to go make supper (got hen out of the oven and made fresh chicken salad - Bride’s request) . . . When I returned it was all over . . . Hate it, but at least she had a second chance!!!

Attached is Annabelle’s Pairing and Tee Time for tomorrow . . . The Link to follow her Match is the same as it was today . . . Keep in mind Ireland is 5 Hours AHEAD of us on the East Coast. Hopefully we’ll get to watch them like we did last year on a YouTube Live Feed!!!

FYI -
Emma Fleming’s current World Amateur Ranking is 240.
(Annabelle is currently Ranked 46.)

Re: I figured Anna Morgan was Cut . . .

Jun 25, 2024, 7:53 PM

Thanks. You didn't miss anything. I kept hitting refresh hoping they would post hole by hole updates but as you said, hit refresh again and said the Singapore (argh) girl won on the 4th hole. Don't know how, or who was left standing.

Heartbroken. But she had a chance. Going to be an exciting season and hopefully a couple July/August tournaments.

Doubt it'll happen but how epic would it be if Annabelle and Lottie squared off in the finals... or even semi-finals. The course would be packed.

Please add this link. Olivia Roberts is Sydney Roberts little sis.
https://www.golfgenius.com/pages/9688345871602730705

Replies: 14
| visibility 1036
Tiger Boards - Women's Sports
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next