Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Could TJ Moore have a freshman season like Sammy Watkins had?
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 13
| visibility 1477

Could TJ Moore have a freshman season like Sammy Watkins had?

Jul 18, 2024, 2:11 PM

Just a feeling but I think he will.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Based off the one time I saw him play in that All Star Game.

Jul 18, 2024, 2:12 PM

It certainly looked similar to a Watkins performance.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: Could TJ Moore have a freshman season like Sammy Watkins had?

Jul 18, 2024, 2:18 PM

I literally just told someone this morning that I think TJ Moore could be a Sammy this season.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sammy was a great talent and will always be one of Clemson's all time greatest

Jul 18, 2024, 2:35 PM

One thing Sammy did have was a talented and proven QB and a better OL. He also had Nuk on the other side and Brown. Hard to cover three talented receivers.

I do like what Moore brings to the table and having Westco opposite will help Clemson offensively. Hopefully another receiver and TE will spread the field and open up more holes for the RB's. That will eventually help Moore.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tajh Boyd was not a proven QB when Sammy stepped onto that field vs Troy.***

Jul 18, 2024, 3:31 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sammy was a great talent and will always be one of Clemson's all time greatest

Jul 18, 2024, 3:58 PM [ in reply to Sammy was a great talent and will always be one of Clemson's all time greatest ]

We have plenty of proven WR's to help...Williams and Brown mainly, Stellato is really good, its just staying healthy for them. This all falls on Cade and the O-line regardless. This should be a run first team with Mafah and build the passing game off the run game until it becomes the threat it once was.

Jul 18, 2024, 3:44 PM

I think that Moore and Wesco could have comparable seasons like what Sammy had, but they will have to put in the work that Sammy put in. Sammy earned everything that he got by putting in the work!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 18, 2024, 3:45 PM

I'm really expecting Randall to make a BIG move this year. We have a LOT of potential in the WR room!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 18, 2024, 3:48 PM

With Moore and Wesco on the outside, wouldn't Randal fit better in the slot?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 18, 2024, 3:55 PM

You know, that could happen. If things develop the way we are hoping & expecting we could throw some creative sets out there that will be a huge problem for opposing defenses.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 18, 2024, 4:02 PM

Why are yall talking like Williams, Brown, and Stellato aren't on the team lol. Those 3 will take up plenty of PT in the slot and everywhere else. It's not going to be a starting 3 of Wesco, Moore, and Randall right out the gate. Randall will stay on the Boundary and share reps with Moore or Wesco more than likely. Regardless we got 6 guys that will play plenty and get their share of opportunities.

NO, Been there, done that; twice maybe 3xs****

Jul 18, 2024, 8:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Could TJ Moore have a freshman season like Sammy Watkins had? ]

Jul 18, 2024, 4:46 PM

Some of these expectations for Moore/Wesco are just mind blowing. It’s completely unfair to compare either of them to Sammy Watkins who may… and I emphasize may…. Be Clemsons best WR of all time.

Watkins was the exception and not the rule. Please don’t build this kind of hype up in your minds over 2 freshmen who will more than likely show flashes of the talent but have nowhere near the impact that some are expecting.

If one of them turns in a Watkins type season then that’s great but it feels like some are ignoring that we have Williams and Brown who have shown they can produce at the college level.

The likely scenario for Moore/Wesco is just as I said… they will show you flashes of the talent but not consistently down in and down out and be these “go-to” WRs like some are expecting.

All I’m saying is that while yes… it’s super exciting to have them wearing the paw… don’t set yourselves up for major disappointment by banking on either of these kids to turn in a Sammy Watkins like freshman season.

Jul 18, 2024, 7:23 PM

These expectations for Moore are too high.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1477
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next