Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson / FSU Lawsuits vs ACC Is Delivering
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 11
| visibility 2315

Clemson / FSU Lawsuits vs ACC Is Delivering

Oct 17, 2024, 4:31 PM

Good article below with where the status is, though the title is misleading. What's losing momentum seems more in the need to litigate. Two things are happening... The ACC is looking to enhance payouts for us, FSU, and potentially others but who cares about them. Second - since we filed and docs are now being shared, we don't hear Jim Phillips out there talking 'iron clad' and all that. There's something there, because there's negotiations going on. That's how I see it anyway.

https://www.yardbarker.com/college_football/articles/florida_state_clemson_legal_efforts_to_leave_acc_losing_momentum/s1_13132_41065610

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yawn. Attorneys getting rich is all!***

Oct 17, 2024, 4:47 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson / FSU Lawsuits vs ACC Is Delivering

Oct 17, 2024, 5:39 PM

Don't want to leave unless and until we have an offer in hand (B1G or SEC). We need to get the AAU thing done asap.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 17, 2024, 6:08 PM

It's pretty simple, if we don't get out of the ACC our football future is done. More money ain't enough as it still won't be as much as we'd get in one of the P2 conferences, yes, I said it, because let's be honest (and I called this when UT and OU announced leaving the Big 12), the NCAA is dead and soon to be gone. This was an inevitable move as it's completely corrupt and couldn't be fixed. The Big10 and SEC are already discussing having their own National Title, they have ALL the good teams, ALL the big money TV rights, and everyone else will end up being like D2.

I agree with the invite, however, I would guarantee the reason we (and FSU) have not received one yet is because of our GOR and ACC mess - last thing either of those conferences want is a lawsuit. And if ESPN continues to tamper with us getting into the SEC, then I believe (as I read someone post here a while back) the best move is to lobby for an invite into the Big10. The SEC wants no part of the Big10 coming into the south so we could sting arm them out of their ESPN leverage from that angle.

And lastly...if it's not the money, or the fact we'll be playing in the "subpar" playoffs of all the leftover conferences since the SEC and Big10 will likely have their own Natty; it's the simple fact of the teams in the conferences. I mean come on, if you're a kid looking at schools why in the #### would you want to go to Clemson and play our 'acc' schedule when you could go to one of the Power 2 conferences and play the biggest and the best week in and week out, on national TV with the best slotted times. Let's be honest the remaining conferences will be getting the crap time slots and days, shoot, Clemson will probably be playing Tuesday nights down the road if we don't get out of the ACC.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 17, 2024, 6:23 PM

You really want to play in SEC? The Big 10 is more academically oriented and has fewer great teams.

WRONG. ALL the best teams arent in those conferences.

Oct 17, 2024, 6:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson / FSU Lawsuits vs ACC Is Delivering ]

Plenty of crap there too.

Oct 17, 2024, 6:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson / FSU Lawsuits vs ACC Is Delivering ]

Not only the money, but I would say even with it being said (even by SEC folks) that Clemson is an SEC school playing from the sissy ACC conference. But our biggest drawback even more than the money is in recruiting, and bc we're ACC we never get an equal haul of the 5 star recruits bc they have been told their entire FB career from the smallest divisions and up through college that they will be notice more and have a better chance of playing in the NFL from the SEC, also they are told that SEC talent is Bigger, Stronger, Taller, and Faster. That's also a myth that has been the ESECPN Monarch ever since ESPN became a major broadcaster of sports when those of us that's in our 70's now were in our teens and very early 20's when they first aired on TV, and they have always signed the biggest money contracts with the SEC....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Totally agree with everything you wrote.

Oct 17, 2024, 9:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson / FSU Lawsuits vs ACC Is Delivering ]

I have been thinking the same, especially about where players will want to play. It is already happening and will only become more so.

Oct 17, 2024, 6:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson / FSU Lawsuits vs ACC Is Delivering ]

Personally, for Clemson long term, we would be better off in the SEC even though I think that the competition in the SEC is much tougher than it would be in the Big 10. But I also think that Dabo or whoever the next HC after Dabo could, would recruit from the SEC at the very same level as the top teams in the SEC today. Heck yes winning the conference championship would be tougher to win than it is in the ACC or the Big 10, but when a team wins the SEC, more times than not they usually destroy whoever the other team is in the NCG...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 17, 2024, 6:38 PM

Yes...and we can beat Jawga, Bama, Tennessee LSU etc.on a regular basis like all you wannabees think we can and all the extra money will help us keep up with USC, Vandy, Ark. Misery, Florida and Kentucky...what we all really need here is Dabos opinion which you already know...Dabo wants to take Clemson to the prom...that path has been paved and it don't run through the SEC...you cats are about to have a litter to use the portal like FSU and UF and Ole Miss...then we are done...Dabo does not like that...you must all be trial lawyers cause they are getting fat off suing our family! Shame on you...go back to the coop!

Oct 17, 2024, 8:14 PM

Man can you reiterate this post in English? That’s a tough read and I have no clue what point you are making?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MEG

Thanks for the link.

Oct 17, 2024, 9:34 PM

Obviously, I'm very interested.

I am still convinced that the SEC, B1G, ESPN and Fox are involved in discussions figuring out

1. How they will work through the maze to end up with a Super League that doesn't share their TV revenue with anyone outside their league. These discussions between Sankey and Pettiti talking about scheduling agreements and such are part of the overall plan.

2. How many teams will there be in the new league.

3. Which teams will be in the new league.

4. Which teams will go to which conferences.

So, the four powers I mentioned above will decide which conference FSU and Clemson end up in. The lawsuits are just part of the complicated path that has to be traversed.

Replies: 11
| visibility 2315
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next