Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can't believe I'm saying this but...
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 21
| visibility 4733

Can't believe I'm saying this but...

Oct 9, 2024, 4:13 PM

Kudos to Frank's Boy, Baby Beamer. If you haven't seen one of his players (a previous portal from Pitt) that was at least getting valuable snaps came to him asking for a red shirt. We know what would happen next probably and that's a transfer portal. Now I could never blame a young man for wanting to leave the pallet yard that is William Brice and Columbia, but this trend has gotten out of hand.. apparently Beamer told him to kick rocks and that red shirt was not an automatic thing. Said name player is now dipping into the portal either way. As hard as it is for me to say anything good about anybody in Colombia I side with Shane on this one. They're getting ready to play Alabama in this kids quitting on the team. Call it a business decision it's still quitting on your teammates. When did that become so acceptable?

Message was edited by: jarheadtiger®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can't believe I'm saying this but...

Oct 9, 2024, 4:41 PM

I heard about this on the local Columbia morning talk show while driving in to work today. I believe he was second string. You hate to think the worst, regarding the players intentions, but that is what I was thinking.

Heck, when I saw the cast on DJs hand during the FSU game, I immediately thought, yep not having a good year, and now taking the medical redshirt approach. Get one more year of eligibility, and maybe one more chance at making some money before having to put college football in teh rear view mirror.

But like the topic in another thread. Its only a matter of time before the arbitrary limits regarding eligibility are thrown out. Heck, this might be the first case to start that domino falling.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2024, 11:13 PM

Money from where? Who the h3ll would want him???? Lol

He should be out of the locker room if he isn't already

Oct 9, 2024, 4:55 PM

cancer.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's a very rapid onset of cancer.

Oct 10, 2024, 9:50 AM

He was great when they recruited him.
He was a solid member of their team a few days ago. Now it's magically "cancer"???

Lulz. Here's the exchange that I read that I couldn't help but laugh about.

Oct 9, 2024, 10:17 AM

“He came in my office (Monday) and told me that he was redshirting,” Shane Beamer said. “I told him that’s not quite how this works. That we can have a discussion about his role and is redshirting best?”

Later on...

“He didn’t quite feel the same way, so in the end, I made the decision for him – that it’s probably best for him to move on.”

I mean, sounds like the kid kinda made the decision for himself, right? "You can't quit - you're fired!"

Hate if for Beams and the Coots.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lulz. Here's the exchange that I read that I couldn't help but laugh about.

Oct 9, 2024, 5:30 PM

It is a sad state of affairs when a player tries to tell the coach what he is going to do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2024, 7:23 PM

Well, SCar is a sad state of affairs to begin with, so it probably happens there more often than we know.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have a little knowledge

Oct 9, 2024, 7:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Lulz. Here's the exchange that I read that I couldn't help but laugh about. ]

about the wide receiver coach who was let go at Coot U.
It seemed to be important that Juice Wells remain with the team.
The coach tried to get him to stay. Juice told him he should just come with him.
That’s the mentality.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually, he did tell Beaner what he was going to do.

Oct 10, 2024, 9:09 AM [ in reply to Re: Lulz. Here's the exchange that I read that I couldn't help but laugh about. ]

Then he did it. Then Beamer pulled his scholly. Beamer still lost the guy in kid season.

Oct 9, 2024, 6:04 PM [ in reply to Lulz. Here's the exchange that I read that I couldn't help but laugh about. ]

I may be wrong but I think the kid was trying to redshirt which would mean he can still practice, use the facilities, nutritionist etc.

What it sounds like Coach Mayo said was “nope you get none of the perks of being on our team. Goodbye”

I am actually with Coach Mayo on this. You don’t get to halfway quit on the team. You either quit fully or you stick it out.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2024, 7:18 PM

Totally agree with all that, especially in a circumstance like that. Didn't think about the kid still wanting access to the facilities and such if that's what he was expecting.

Mmmm. Had some Dukes mayo on a turkey sandwich for lunch.***

Oct 9, 2024, 7:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Lulz. Here's the exchange that I read that I couldn't help but laugh about. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

If Those are Direct Beamer Quotes

Oct 10, 2024, 8:56 AM [ in reply to Lulz. Here's the exchange that I read that I couldn't help but laugh about. ]

…then I do have to give him props for once.

Oct 9, 2024, 6:06 PM

You know their are Clemson fans in ColOmbia, right?

Oct 9, 2024, 7:21 PM

Yeah, but they are protected by the big orange bubble..Kinda like Dubai is for those desert folk if you know what I mean.. 😀

Oct 9, 2024, 7:33 PM

I can appreciate Beamer’s stance except how many guys has he signed out of the portal who had the same conversation at their previous school? Can’t have it both ways

That's a mistake.

Oct 9, 2024, 11:11 PM

When an employee says he wants to leave you make sure he does. If you coax, beg or pay him to stay he has the upper-hand and the tail will wag the dog.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Question is, would he have taken the same stance

Oct 10, 2024, 7:09 AM

if it were Stewart?

Oct 10, 2024, 9:16 AM

Agree 100%.

I respect the #### out of Beamer for this. He didn’t cow tail to a good player. He said either play or you are off the team. Dabo would have done the same thing.

Oct 10, 2024, 11:56 AM

I have no use for Usuck (unless they are playing the cheaters from crapel hill) but I agree with Shane on this.

Oct 10, 2024, 1:10 PM

Maybe DJU will get his redshirt and transfer to Cootlumbia? Then "Big Dave" and the Beamer will be able to bond over each others failures.......

Replies: 21
| visibility 4733
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next