Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Basketball Season is only 10 days away
Tiger Boards - Clemson Basketball
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 19
| visibility 1490

Basketball Season is only 10 days away

Oct 25, 2024, 1:24 PM

And I couldn't be more excited! After listening to all of the interviews yesterday it got me even more excited. I think we can have a team that is just as good as last year's. It's a completely different team in terms of style than last years, but we have the talent and depth to be great.

Just a few random thoughts.

Defense: Our defense is going to be significantly better. Zachery is a huge boost on defense at the 2, and we should also be able to bang down low with the best of them. They mentioned Lahkin being a 7 footer yesterday, but I thought he was 6'10. Either way he is apparently bigger than PJ. Reeves is also apparently a disrupter down low. He is a true 7 footer and our favorite coach D!ck Bender said that he is altering shots and also making it so people aren't even attempting to bring it down low to him. This should be a very good defense.

Depth: We have legit back ups at every position. If we stay healthy, we can play a lot of guys. Our back up guards are Dillon Hunter and Heidbreder. From what I've heard, Heidbreder is an outstanding defender, cutter, and 3 point shooter. I also expect Dillon Hunter to take a step. That is a lot better than Beadle and Dillon last year. For bigs, we have Reeves as a back up Center and Myles Foster as a back up PF. Last year we basically only had RJ Godfrey because Bas Leyte was hurt. I expect Myles to at least play to the level that Godfrey did last year. The only spot we don't have a proven back up for is SF. I guess Dallas Thomas would be the back up, but we could also play Heidbreder there a lot.

Star Power: I think Chase Hunter could be a dark horse to win ACC player of the year. If he can play consistently close to what we saw in the last 15 games of the year last year, we are in great shape. It's all about consistency with him. We also have the Schef taking on a bigger role and I think he's in for a monster year.

Shooting: We lost a ton of shooters, but I still think this team can be a good 3 point shooting team. Zachery shot 40% last year, Wiggins can really shoot, and Schef has apparently worked really hard on his 3 point shot this summer. Lahkin can also shoot them. Heidbreder can shoot at the 40% level off the bench. If chase can shoot a consistent 36% or so, then we will be a good 3 point shooting team.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But, how's the Head Coach position...

Oct 25, 2024, 1:28 PM

...looking?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: But, how's the Head Coach position...

Oct 25, 2024, 2:04 PM

Seriously what more does he need to do.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2024, 4:03 PM

I don’t know, maybe win a championship? And I’m talking just a conference championship. Unless actually winning championships is not the goal in basketball.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 27, 2024, 8:13 AM

A conference championship right before the tournament is the most overrrated achievement. Dude we just went to the elite 8. You’re a f ing tool

Oct 25, 2024, 3:08 PM [ in reply to But, how's the Head Coach position... ]

Looking for another job ?

Re: Basketball Season is only 10 days away

Oct 25, 2024, 3:13 PM

And I couldn't be more excited! After listening to all of the interviews yesterday it got me even more excited. I think we can have a team that is just as good as last year's. It's a completely different team in terms of style than last years, but we have the talent and depth to be great.

Just a few random thoughts.

Defense: Our defense is going to be significantly better. Zachery is a huge boost on defense at the 2, and we should also be able to bang down low with the best of them. They mentioned Lahkin being a 7 footer yesterday, but I thought he was 6'10. Either way he is apparently bigger than PJ. Reeves is also apparently a disrupter down low. He is a true 7 footer and our favorite coach D!ck Bender said that he is altering shots and also making it so people aren't even attempting to bring it down low to him. This should be a very good defense.

Depth: We have legit back ups at every position. If we stay healthy, we can play a lot of guys. Our back up guards are Dillon Hunter and Heidbreder. From what I've heard, Heidbreder is an outstanding defender, cutter, and 3 point shooter. I also expect Dillon Hunter to take a step. That is a lot better than Beadle and Dillon last year. For bigs, we have Reeves as a back up Center and Myles Foster as a back up PF. Last year we basically only had RJ Godfrey because Bas Leyte was hurt. I expect Myles to at least play to the level that Godfrey did last year. The only spot we don't have a proven back up for is SF. I guess Dallas Thomas would be the back up, but we could also play Heidbreder there a lot.

Star Power: I think Chase Hunter could be a dark horse to win ACC player of the year. If he can play consistently close to what we saw in the last 15 games of the year last year, we are in great shape. It's all about consistency with him. We also have the Schef taking on a bigger role and I think he's in for a monster year.

Shooting: We lost a ton of shooters, but I still think this team can be a good 3 point shooting team. Zachery shot 40% last year, Wiggins can really shoot, and Schef has apparently worked really hard on his 3 point shot this summer. Lahkin can also shoot them. Heidbreder can shoot at the 40% level off the bench. If chase can shoot a consistent 36% or so, then we will be a good 3 point shooting team.

I agree with your overall analysis, but Zachary is a point guard. Look as his assists numbers. If anything Clemson has two lead guards in Chase and Zachary. Would you agree?

Oct 27, 2024, 7:56 AM

Zachery is going to play the 2 but can also run the point. How is he a PG because his assist numbers last year, but you continued to say chase wasnt a PG when he averaged more assists per game 2 years ago? Chase is a great PG.

I hope you are ready to be as disappointed as I was...

Oct 25, 2024, 3:13 PM

We finished last season in the top 15, yet we got nothing from the AP or the Coaches in either pre-season poll this year. I've had just about all I can take of this treatment by the so called basketball elite.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Oct 25, 2024, 4:08 PM

Chase gets the star power pub but rest assured, the Schef is our best player and we go as far as he can take us. This has the chance to be a nice team that should compete for a Top 4 ACC spot if we can stay healthy.

Chemistry is my concern early

Oct 25, 2024, 4:55 PM

Brad's teams rely on it, especially defensively. With only 4 returning players and 9 newcomers, that takes time. Brad even mentioned how their install was slower than normal in one of his preseason interviews.

If Hunter, Sheff and Wiggins can all take real steps forward, we'll be very dangerous. How quickly we mesh as a unit will be very important.

Re: Chemistry is my concern early

Oct 25, 2024, 7:14 PM

We’ve got some pretty big games early in our OOC schedule so we better mesh quickly…

The toughest early games are at home

Oct 25, 2024, 7:19 PM

Kentucky and Memphis. The coots and Boise will be challenges on the road. The Holiday tourney is kind of meh. Two December ACC games are against good teams

Re: Chemistry is my concern early

Oct 27, 2024, 7:57 AM [ in reply to Chemistry is my concern early ]

Good point on chemistry. I definitely think this team will be more polished entering ACC play than innthe non conference schedule.

Oct 25, 2024, 4:57 PM

Basketball season starts in December. It's football season now.

Oct 25, 2024, 5:00 PM

After last year’s run I am rejuvenated. I had gotten out of the loop on basketball for many years with just being constantly frustrated. This year I have decided that I am going to chill out and enjoy the game and team.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MEG

Oct 25, 2024, 6:31 PM

Last year was fun. I hope this year will be too.
But the big question is will JK’s suspension be lifted in time for him to overreact about November and December wins while dropping not so subtle shots at the football program??

Oct 25, 2024, 6:34 PM

I think he is gone for good... Too many times banned.

One can only hope! ***

Oct 27, 2024, 10:01 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2024, 7:08 PM

Yep, I’ve been at the school for the blind all week, trying to find potential Refs that aren’t all mobbed up already. So far I have a Bangladeshi Grandmother and an Inuit boy that’s 11. I think they’ll be a lot better than what we’ve had for the last few decades.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1490
Tiger Boards - Clemson Basketball
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next