Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Article on Where Swinney ranks in terms of Coaches is BS!!!
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 708

Article on Where Swinney ranks in terms of Coaches is BS!!!

May 16, 2024, 11:01 AM

How in the he!! do you rank Ryan Day and Dan Lanning ahead of Swinney? What has either of them won? Last time I checked neither had a National Title, Swinney has two! Also, Day has lost to Michigan 3 years in a row despite having superior talent in almost every position, and Hasn't even won his own conference. What has Oregon done? Not saying they aren't a good team, but what have they actually won? You shouldn't get credit for beating up on lesser teams, go get in the playoffs! Go win a title! This ranking is so bogus! Smart is definitely #1 right now, but come on people, who else has two titles?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Article on Where Swinney ranks in terms of Coaches is BS!!!

May 16, 2024, 11:05 AM

The national outlets hate Dabo. I don't get it at all. Coach Swinney is one of the most genuine people you will ever meet.

I've never understood the hate that's thrown at him.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 16, 2024, 12:44 PM

It's called jealousy. If they took the approach of offering some constructive criticism around his reluctance to use the portal to augment weaker positions on an overall strong roster, that would be fair. However, most of these "stories" are click bait fodder that the mindless masses soak up without one ounce of critical thought applied. Just like the stories of the Mountain West being a superior basketball conference to the declining ACC.....

May 16, 2024, 12:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Article on Where Swinney ranks in terms of Coaches is BS!!! ]

It's because he is Christian and ESPN is out to get us. It's all a big conspiracy.

May 16, 2024, 1:28 PM

For whatever reason Swinney is hated, it is WRONG. You don't judge ability of a player or a coach based upon whether you LIKE them or not. It is based upon numbers: championships and historical evidence.
Too much bias is directed to College Football Programs. I hope Swinney goes 17-0 and wins his 3rd Natty.
But guess what? The detractors will find a reason to say, "Oh, well, they won, so let's go to another subject".

May 16, 2024, 12:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Article on Where Swinney ranks in terms of Coaches is BS!!! ]

To non Clemson fans he’s not really likable. He gives off this used car sales man vibe. I’m not saying that just telling out how he’s portrayed.

May 16, 2024, 1:02 PM

I completely disagree.

May 16, 2024, 1:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Article on Where Swinney ranks in terms of Coaches is BS!!! ]

Dabo has a schtik. He speaks into to the camera all that "little ol Clemson" stuff, while everyone acknowledges his program is (or at least was) a powerhouse. He'll say "they don't want us in the playoffs" at the same time "they" have Clemson ranked in the top 2. All that "the world is against us" is directed at the fans and the fans eat it up.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 16, 2024, 2:16 PM

Or could there be some truth in it???

It's obvious the national media pundits don't like Dabo. They also cut his broadcasts short anytime he mentions his faith.

Just seems like anytime the media can take a shot at him or the program they do. The only one I have respect for is Steven A. Smith and it's only because he was man enough to admit he was wrong.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 16, 2024, 11:08 AM

I didn’t read the article because I don’t care what they think, but could the ranking be based on the current college landscape? A lot of people believe Dabo is hindering his own program from being successful going forward because of the perception that he refuses to adapt - whether that’s accurate or not.

May 16, 2024, 11:11 AM

I get what you're saying, but CURRENTLY, those other guys haven't WON ANYTHING!

May 16, 2024, 1:17 PM

Oh I agree. Which is why I don’t pay much attention to that stuff. It’s just a bunch of opinions from people who have agendas.

May 16, 2024, 11:25 AM

Don't get your underwear in a wad over the article. Outlets don't write the articles for accuracy; they write them to get attention. They intentionally skew the results so folks like you are outraged. Once outraged, you will link said article, tweet about it and post about it on message boards. This gives them the attention they seek which ends up paying the bills.

May 16, 2024, 11:51 AM

Articles like that are about recent years and we have not been a top team the last few years. At the end of the day it only matters to our players and what they believe because fans don't get a vote. Huge year this year.

May 16, 2024, 1:08 PM

Sick of Ryan Day being pumped up like he's the next Saban! He hasn't won ANYTHING! and Lanning might be a great guy and a really good coach, but he's actually done even less than Ryan!! Point is, Swinney gets no credit for building Clemson into what it is from Scratch basically, because we were not very good or at least consistently good when he took over. And these other guys get pumped up for what, beating Maryland and Rutgers? C'mon man!

May 16, 2024, 12:55 PM

Recency bias

May 16, 2024, 1:08 PM

My sentiments exactly about Lanning and Day...What have they won? Swinney and Smart are TIED at No. 1.
Most National Outlets do not like the Clemson program or Coach Swinney, and they almost WISH for Florida State or someone else in the ACC to dethrone them from their lofty position. I've never seen such negative feedback for a coach this successful. What about this "need" to coronate Mike Norvell as a great coach? He has ONE 13-0 season, and he (FSU) rules the ACC now. "Anybody but Clemson" seems to
rule in the minds of all these so-called prognosticators of College Football.

May 16, 2024, 1:25 PM

Who cares what they think?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 708
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic