Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
today's rant for the Naysayers...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 3

today's rant for the Naysayers...

Dec 18, 2010, 9:58 AM

{name withheld for Crump's sake}
Posted: Dec 17, 2010 11:37 PM

his (Dabo Swinney) behavior recently shows he's feeling it (pressure) and not handling it well.

Actually, sir, I believe that your behavior shows you don't get "it" -

until the last few years' temper tantrums against Bowden and Swinney by so-called "fans" feeling giddily entitled for some reason, Clemson's football program was about loyalty and class, effort and teamwork, pride and damn-frightening noise.

Now it appears it's about whining, second-guessing, arrogance, name-dropping, class-less attacks, and filth.

What I don't get is why you think you have the right to constantly - and I mean un-erringly - attack the representatives of Clemson, while apparently anyone disagreeing with you has crossed the line.

If you had once - and I do mean just once - shown any respect for these gentlemen, given them their due on anything of importance, or if you had not flatly stated again and again that you knew better than they about strategy, teamwork, player evaluation, and football in general, though it seems that when it comes to football they are in fact the real "professionals", then and only then would I believe that all this ranting and Naysaying of yours was not simply about your EGO. Your little-boy ego...

You've spoiled the milk, Blue Fatty, not Dabo or TB or TDP.

You and all your buddies who rant incessantly just to hear yourself talk. You and the mindless few who listen to you. You and your class-less bunch who feel that you can attack anyone because it's the internet and there are no rules here....

all of you who calmly and blithely forget that this year's team came within a FG of playing for the ACC yet AGAIN; and if you won't agree that Ellington's injury didn't cost us 2 games, much less a lousy FG against FSU, then you don't have a functioning neuron left.

Take Jeffrey off USuC; take Newton off Auburn; take Kellen Moore off Boise; take Russell Wilson off NC State; take Danny O'Brien off Maryland; take the best offensive player off of any other team and see if it doesn't cost them 2 games, much less a FG....heck, just look at what taking Skinner off Wake did to them.

You sir are as classless as you are devoid of attention to the facts - there is no other way to put it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: today's rant for the Naysayers...

Dec 18, 2010, 10:01 AM

Thank you, my friend, for stating the FACTS

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish I had more points to give, but I give what I have.***

Dec 18, 2010, 10:12 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

Re: I wish I had more points to give, but I give what I have.***

Dec 18, 2010, 10:50 AM

I'll second that

Dec 18, 2010, 10:18 AM

Excellent, we are not all doom and gloom!

Dec 18, 2010, 10:24 AM

Well said, but expect express mail from GM, the expensive kind with plenty of blue language.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The reason this country has a future.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO

Thank you for that

Dec 18, 2010, 10:28 AM

People like you are the reason I still come to Tigernet. The naysayers are just fans who can't stomach adversity. Yes losing sucks but it's like they think they are doing Clemson's program any good and they aren't.

If you are just a coot fan trying to ruffle feathers, get a life. And there is a difference with stating your opinion that something is not working and bashing our beloved Clemson.

Go Tigers! Beat USF!

Dec 18, 2010, 10:35 AM

AMEN!!!! SUPPORT OR SHUT UP!!!

so i guess parents that enable and coddle their children are

Dec 18, 2010, 2:36 PM

the only truly good parents. parents that raise their kids with tough love and hold them accountable for their mistakes and make them earn their keep and teach them respect and other traditional values, those parents hate their kids and don't support them. right?

Re: so i guess parents that enable and coddle their children are

Dec 18, 2010, 5:06 PM

just let it go man..

they dont give a #### if we are 6-6...

Dec 18, 2010, 12:02 PM

I could read this post every day! It hits the nail on the head. Thank you! Don't you just wish some of these people who constantly oppose everything would just go away. There is a distinct difference between constructive, yet opposing views, than what a lot of this c*** is that we see on a daily basis...think any of the regular naysayers will cowboy up and acknowledge they were wrong when Clemson...not just dabo, but Clemson gets it going again??

Well said...

Dec 18, 2010, 12:26 PM

The internet has created an unexpected phenomenon. Anonymous posters who hide behind their keyboards and personally attack people, ideas, institutions, etc.,etc.
I have always been proud(until recently) of what is called "Clemson Spirit". Now people who have personal agendas are trashing my school and it's representatives and it angers and saddens me. Clemson is ALWAYS more important to me than simple wins and losses.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, very happy- very, very proud.

Re: Well said...

Dec 18, 2010, 12:36 PM

Joe Sherman wrote about men such as you. Thanks!

lol wow you folks must be young and new to clemson***

Dec 18, 2010, 2:37 PM [ in reply to Well said... ]

Neither...

Dec 18, 2010, 4:58 PM

I am not young- I graduated in 68. What's your point?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, very happy- very, very proud.

Re: lol wow you folks must be young and new to clemson***

Dec 19, 2010, 3:44 PM [ in reply to lol wow you folks must be young and new to clemson*** ]

blue fatty, lol!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Preach it Bro.***

Dec 18, 2010, 12:35 PM

teamwork and loyalty, you mean like KP bailing on the team

Dec 18, 2010, 1:32 PM

after the SCU game. Epifunny you're just running around in circles now.

Naysayer: the failure to recognize the commitment that KP

Dec 18, 2010, 1:57 PM

and the Parkers made to Clemson is class-less and inexcusable.

That goes whether he throws pick-6's or TD's.

The failure to recognize that 20-year-old kids are emotional, especially in the heat of the moment such as in the face of a blitz or after they've been pulled from the game or after a tough loss, is arrogant.

You get emotional too, and you'd like to get forgiven as well...

The failure to understand the need to dramatically improve as a QB in between seasons, especially when your main weapons have all graduated, is overreaching confidence and is on KP.

Of course, confidence is one thing you want in a QB...

The failure to understand how much playing two sports would take away from that possible improvement is media hype.

And we've all failed in understanding that, KP and Dabo included...

The failure to accept that KP is and was Clemson's best option for winning THIS year is downright in denial.

Only Naysayers go there....

excuses, excuses, excuses...There has never been a Clemson..

Dec 18, 2010, 7:28 PM

player to bail on the team after the loss. He had the whole 2nd half to steam off. And he ain't no kid, he is a professional athlete now. What do you think will happen to him if he pulls these kinds of stunts with the Rockies? And the Parkers are helicopter parents who should just stop releasing statements to the media. Commitment? KP has mailed it on both sports after he got drafted.

don't rock the boat.

Dec 18, 2010, 2:22 PM

we all need to blindly follow Dabo, TDP, and Barker and never ever ever dare to critique them.

After all they are the one bringing in one championship after another.....oh wait a second, nevermind!

LMAO!! Fan loyalty, or lack thereof, e.g. empty seats in

Dec 18, 2010, 2:31 PM

Death Valley is what led to the demise of Ken Hatfield.

If you think this is something new at CU you are either very young or very ignorant. People raised hell when Ford was promoted to HC. And people were down right ugly during the Hatfield affair. This isn't a modern internet phenomena. There was no popular internet during the Hatfield years. The web was just getting started, but fans were loud and IPTAY giving & game attendance steadily declining until Hatfield was gone.

Clemson Football is 6-6

Dec 18, 2010, 2:58 PM

I don't have a crystal ball like everybody else on this site. I don't know if Dabo's going to have us winning 10 games a year or drag the program down.

All that matters is that we are 6-6, have an Atlantic Division title from last year, and have yet to beat a "big boy" team during Dabo's tenure.

All this bickering about who can see the future is garbage. It is what it is.

Bravo!***

Dec 18, 2010, 3:25 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not the one quacking in the media looking stupid, silly,

Dec 18, 2010, 3:40 PM

insecure, immature, and in over my head. That would be your hero Dabo.

This is only your own perspective. I didn't see the same in

Dec 18, 2010, 3:51 PM

this man. Did a good job answering questions and dealing with difficult issues. Matter of perspective.

Message was edited by: AThomas®

But your perspective is flawed...

Dec 18, 2010, 3:59 PM

and incorrect.

BOOM!!!!!!!!!

No, will, he's right.

Dec 18, 2010, 4:06 PM

And you're not.

Actually I see Dabo calling you out, and I approve of it***

Dec 18, 2010, 3:53 PM [ in reply to I'm not the one quacking in the media looking stupid, silly, ]

LMAO!! The irony in this is hilarious!!

Dec 18, 2010, 4:05 PM [ in reply to I'm not the one quacking in the media looking stupid, silly, ]

"I'm not the one quacking ... looking stupid, silly, insecure, immature, "

Ask around a little blue_caddy13. You may be in denial about your idiocy, but I ASSURE YOU most here are not.

Re: LMAO!! The irony in this is hilarious!!

Dec 18, 2010, 5:08 PM

stnaley you are a tool

that dude can't keep his lies straight...

Dec 18, 2010, 5:33 PM

and by lies I mean he posts one thing one month... and when that thing goes wrong, he posts something else completely opposite of what his original post was months ago.

THE TIGERS ARE IN MY HEART..... BUT THE DUCKS ARE IN MY PANTS....

Good points about the season, but the personal attack...

Dec 18, 2010, 8:27 PM

...could have been left out.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell it brother!***

Dec 18, 2010, 10:52 PM

Dec 19, 2010, 8:13 AM

Well Said !!! Let's get behind this Coach, he is a class act & I think we have one of the best in the country ! Look at this 2011 class he has coming in ? Go Tigers

Replies: 34
| visibility 3
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic