Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For the pitifully few folks still deriding Dabo...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 2,775

For the pitifully few folks still deriding Dabo...

Oct 3, 2011, 7:53 AM

The cries from a burning fort: Dabo must go! We deserve better! Pay attention to me!

...and thankfully there are pitifully few left, which reinforces my belief that Clemson folks are generally intelligent people.

Stop. Right now.

In the beginning, there were doubts. There were questions. There was certainly room for discussion.

Some didn't like the inexperience. That's been handled through a three-year crucible, the inevitable growing pains of a young coach getting his sea legs.

Some, well, just about all of us, didn't like last year. Dabo didn't like it either. He said, "I'll fix this." And he did.

A few just don't like his name, his enthusiasm, his whole persona. I can't help you there, but I can tell you that none of them are changing.

I can also tell you this: After about a decade of fractious in-fighting, Clemson is a family again. And I have no qualms in giving this team the credit for that.

And I have no problem in giving Dabo the credit for this team. His hires, his recruits, his vision.

If, after this past weekend, you still think he's a bad hire, so be it. Nothing will change your mind. Just do us all a favor and hush. You were not right, you are not right you will not be right.

In the debate parlance, you are defending a burning fort. Flee while you can, before the idiocy of your argument collapses upon you.

Where you go from here is entirely up to you. Since you have decided not to stand with the Sons of Clemson, you may hang back with our camp followers and be quiet or strike out on your own.

But frankly, we have have far greater goals ahead ...and your incessant shrill peeping has grown wearisome.

Enough.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For the pitifully few folks still deriding Dabo...

Oct 3, 2011, 7:59 AM

excellent, spot on, the truth shall set you free!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Preach it Rev!!!!!***

Oct 3, 2011, 8:00 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unfortunately, we're not perfect.

Oct 3, 2011, 8:02 AM

Thus, the haters gon' hate. At least there will be relatively few of them for a while.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Amen***

Oct 3, 2011, 8:03 AM

AAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY-MEN

Oct 3, 2011, 8:13 AM

**Let me tell ya, brother, now**

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY-MEN.

AMEN.

AMEN.

AMEN!

Stay after it Rev !***

Oct 3, 2011, 8:15 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well put Rev....think all who have landblasted TDP

Oct 3, 2011, 8:16 AM

Barker, and especially Dabo for last season are dining on a little crow. It was not their fought. Heck I'm buying what they are sailing! See what I did there ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rev's got a way with words..."incessant shrill peeping".

Oct 3, 2011, 8:19 AM

Amen, indeed!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2011, 8:37 AM

Your right Preach but one loss and they will be back :)

Rev...Can we still FIRE SWOFFORD???

Oct 3, 2011, 9:20 AM

;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And please stop with the crud about TDP and Barker

Oct 3, 2011, 9:28 AM

TDP hired Dabo and let him hire Morris - something that took guts. He may not be perfect but he's made some great hires and we have a LOT of sports that are doing very well.

Barker is the next best thing to happen to Clemson since RC Edwards. Because of him my degree is worth more and so are both of my daughters'. He has made real changes at Clemson including limiting enrollment to keep it a family atmosphere and focusing professors on teaching as much as research. When I travel and people notice my ring and ask where I went to school and I say Clemson, the response is ALWAYS "Wow, I heard that was a great school". It is is so many ways.

Good point. Brownell was another excellent TDP hire, IMO***

Oct 3, 2011, 9:30 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Keep in mind, TDP tried to hire the Miss St crook first.

Oct 3, 2011, 9:32 AM

he turned us down.

"Very, Very Excited, Very, Very Proud" to be a TIGER!!

Oct 3, 2011, 9:53 AM

he certainly can recruit and obviously provides other, less tangible support

he is still x's and o's deprived and I am starting to come to terms with that

i thinks a lot of fans like myself were sick of figurehead personality hires and #### poor results...this hire came off as more of the same

so far so good this year, great hire in morris

but we need an acc championship, it's been too long

and I will save the serious horn tooting until we win one

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2011, 10:03 AM

It still baffles me that there are those who believe that people wanted Clemson to lose so that Dabo would be fired.

I love Clemson and want Clemson to win no matter who is coaching them.

I support Dabo for his recruiting skill and making the necessary changes (Morris hire) to turn this program around.

Consecutive loosing seasons, by any team, under any coach, will cause many to doubt the direction of the program.

The reality always has been, EVERYONE wants Clemson to win, if Clemson didn't win then Dabo should be fired.

Well said Rev! Point for being Spot on!***

Oct 3, 2011, 10:10 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

amen***

Oct 3, 2011, 10:25 AM

Dang Rev your posts never cease to get better.

Oct 3, 2011, 10:28 AM

When I think you can't top a post you go right ahead and do it.

First class all the way.

Great post and cinematic reference.

Oct 3, 2011, 10:35 AM

Ran is one of my all-time favorites. Oh, how I wish I could point this more than once!

"The rock has strange powers. When you rub it, and run down the hill, the adrenaline flows. It’s the most emotional experience I’ve ever had." -Michael Dean Perry

"If you don't like Clemson, something is wrong with YOU." -Dabo Swinney

Dabo now #3 alone...

Oct 3, 2011, 10:36 AM

moving just ahead of Danny Ford. Still behing Jesus and Robt. E. Lee as greatest beings to walk the earth!

It's posts like this that make me really angry.

Oct 3, 2011, 10:37 AM

I'm not going to rant. I'm just going to make it simple for you guys. With Napier at OC we would be 2-3 right now. Dabo Swinney did not learn how to coach in the offseason. You guys always want to cahallenge peoples intelligence. Well, if this team is different this year, it's because of DIFFERENT pieces to the puzzle. MORRIS.

challenge***

Oct 3, 2011, 10:37 AM

And it's posts like your's that makes me really angry.

Oct 3, 2011, 10:42 AM [ in reply to It's posts like this that make me really angry. ]

So Morris is the missing piece of the puzzle eh?

With Napier we'd be 2-3 eh?

Dabo has nothing to do with it eh?

DABO fired NAPIER.

DABO hired MORRIS. Even though most were very mad that we hired a coach one year removed from high school.

Dabo did what our previous coaches couldn't and fired a good friend and brought in someone that could make use of the talent and gave him free reign of the offense.

Dabo was a part of bringing in that top 10 recruiting class that had a Freshman All-American Sammy Watkins in it.

Dabo might not have learned how to coach in the off season, but he did something that most coaches don't know how to and hired a D@MN good coordinator.

You say "it's because of DIFFERENT pieces of the puzzle?" Yes it is, and Dabo was the one who PUT THAT PUZZLE TOGETHER.

Are you Canadian?***

Oct 3, 2011, 10:59 AM

And who do you think is putting the puzzle together?

Oct 3, 2011, 10:46 AM [ in reply to It's posts like this that make me really angry. ]

It's Dabo's job as head coach to recruit and hire good assistants. Isn't that what he has done?

You are clueless....***

Oct 3, 2011, 10:48 AM [ in reply to It's posts like this that make me really angry. ]

learning to coach is a process for most and Dabo seems to

Oct 3, 2011, 10:58 AM [ in reply to It's posts like this that make me really angry. ]

be doing quite well

If this post makes you angry, you must be a real joy.***

Oct 3, 2011, 11:16 AM [ in reply to It's posts like this that make me really angry. ]

Being wrong makes him angry. He's just misdirecting it

Oct 3, 2011, 11:42 AM

to this post.

Re: It's posts like this that make me really angry.

Oct 3, 2011, 11:38 AM [ in reply to It's posts like this that make me really angry. ]

as you state that Napier would not be able to get this done now, I assume you believe that was one of the key issues that needed correcting -- which was corrected. You hold Dabo accountable that he hired Napier for that role, so Dabo gets the full blame. But ... when you attempt to make the point that Morris is the one to get the credit for turning the team around because its his offense, why is it not that Dabo gets the credit for wanting to move the offense in that direction, going and finding a qualified candidate, and sealing the deal of getting him to accept the offer (I think Chad had other options)?? And then Dabo also goes out and makes other changes across the staff which are also contributing to the improvement.

Now, not sure if you also listen to what the players state during the season -- as well as during the offseason -- that many of them came here because of the atmosphere that Dabo creates -- not just a football program -- but a family, and a place to get an education. If you don't think that resonates with the kids .. and their parents .. then you're mistaken. They comment that they believe in his vision for this team and they are all taking it on themselves to keep improving to meet that goal. Seems like a head coach has done a great job of getting the team on the right page to build a program. Not hearing that comment so much down the road. So I believe that most of these kids that are playing today, making this system work (which with lesser talented players this system may not click as well as it does) were predominantly brought in by Dabo.

Then the most absurd comment I have heard is that we "wasted" last year for a coach in training. So who can really say what would have happened ?? What coach would we have gotten ?? How does anyone know we would not still have had a losing season ??? That's purely guess work .. not facts. Should we have gone after a "proven" coach like UNC did, and now they are paying for that? Should we have gone after a "proven" coach like the chickens did a few years ago -- and look at the disarray there not to mention the miser that walks the sidelines (I would not want that man on my sidelines even if we did go 11-0).

But the facts are .. Dabo started recruiting his type of players, Dabo has a vision of what he wants this team to be and how he wants them to play, Dabo went and hired the coaches that met his vision, Dabo heads up the game plan each week, Dabo is the headcoach of this team that is 5-0, and Dabo loves Clemson, the players, and the people of Clemson to the utmost ... those are facts!!!
So let's get our head out of woulda .. coulda ... shoulda .. and let's move forward and support this team and this head coach ... that we are very fortunate to have.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-tigertaz.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bravo***

Oct 3, 2011, 12:25 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^Is always angry because his name is Amanda***

Oct 3, 2011, 12:16 PM [ in reply to It's posts like this that make me really angry. ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. You're dumb.***

Oct 3, 2011, 12:17 PM [ in reply to It's posts like this that make me really angry. ]

Re: It's posts like this that make me really angry.

Oct 4, 2011, 11:51 AM [ in reply to It's posts like this that make me really angry. ]

any you, whoever you are are an idiot. Why don't we have Napier? Because Dabo saw he was wrong for the job, fired him and hired Morris.
Enjoy your burning fort. You are pitiful.

He made the necessary changes

Oct 3, 2011, 11:44 AM

not a huge fan of his personality but certainly seems to be working.

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

And ALL the Tiger Faithful say "AMEN" ! ! ! !

Oct 3, 2011, 11:53 AM

Here's to a 5-0 start !

Go Tigers ! ! !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

and all is well again in Tigerland

Oct 3, 2011, 12:13 PM

The rain clouds are clearing .. the birds begin singing .. the mountain air is cool, crisp, and refreshing, the Rev continues the preaching, and the Tiger struts tall and proud once again .... but come this weekend .... that ### is gonna BURST yet again with orange glory and the Tiger anthems will ring loud and clear across this great land !!! Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-tigertaz.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Few folks still deriding Dabo...

Oct 3, 2011, 12:22 PM

RevDodd, You continue to inspire me with your sermons. Preach the good Tiger word from the mountain as we bask in the glory of this new PAW NATION, and let us pray the weak and feeble find strength and comfort in the house that Dabo builds.

Lead, Follow, or Get out of the Way.
Sine Pari- The tip of the spear.
Cofounder / USASOC Black Daggers 2001

Most of those are bandwagons....Hate them when they lose,

Oct 4, 2011, 12:09 PM

Love them when they win...It's like stocks, got to be in it for the long haul or just don't invest.

amen rev!

Oct 4, 2011, 12:28 PM

you have an uncanny ability to tell it like it is!

Replies: 40
| visibility 2,775
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic