Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My little tidbit for the Wake fans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

My little tidbit for the Wake fans

Oct 3, 2006, 11:01 AM

http://mb16.scout.com/fwakeforestfrm1.showMessage?topicID=78986.topic

Catahoula
Recruit
Uva Uvam Vivendo Varia Fit
Posted: 10/3/06 11:12:03 am
Greetings, Demon Deacons,

It generally is not my practice to post on another team's message board, and when I do, it's generally to issue some kind words. Such is not the case here.

I am one of the parishioners of the redneck, uneducated Clemson flock. I must say, I've been quite shocked to read some of the Wake comments on here. I didn't know Wake fans had such zeal and compassion for football. I also didn't know they ranked on the level of NC State fans, South Carolina fans, and Maryland fans in regards to hospitality and politeness.

Then again, this board is probably only a microcosm of the entire Wake fan base and likely doesn't serve as a good representation of its entirety. For your sake, I at least hope it doesn't.

It was a post by 81Deac on this page,
http://mb16.scout.com/fwakeforestfrm1.showMessageRange?topicID=78689.topic&start=181&stop=200, that attracted me to your board. More specifically, it was this statement:

"45-0, all you guys were going , we felt sorry for you or the final would have been 87-0. That game was the worst butt-kicking in the history of the ACC, and it was only 2003. Takes a lot for you guys to learn your lesson."

This statement is interesting considering that the final score was actually 45-17. The poster's statement further strengthens the idea that Wake fans know little about football or their own team.

However, the more striking statement was that it was "the worst butt-kicking in the history of the ACC" and that it takes a lot to learn our lesson.

Upon further review, I was able to locate some more prominent butt-kickings in the ACC storybooks:

2000: Clemson 55, Wake Forest 7
1989: Clemson 44, Wake Forest 10
1981: Clemson 82 (that's not a typo), Wake Forest 24

Of course, there are countless other thrashings of Wake Forest by Clemson in history, but there's no need to list them all. You may view a list of them here if you so wish:

http://football.stassen.com/cgi-bin/records/opp-opp.pl?start=1869&end=2005&team1=Clemson&team2=Wake+Forest

In short, the all-time record between Clemson and Wake Forest is 54-16. In the past 30 years, Wake Forest has defeated Clemson only six times.

Apparently, judging by the comments on this board, it is you Wake Forest fans who have yet to learn your lesson. You are, pardon the bluntness, our proverbial #####.

However, if the previous evidence isn't enough to convince you of your team's disparity over the years, allow me to introduce some more:

-Clemson has 13 ACC titles and a national championshp. Wake has one ACC title (1970).
-Wake has an all-time winning percentage of .404 with an ACC conference winning percentage of .359. These are the worst winning percentages of any ACC team. Clemson has an all-time winning percentage of .590 and an ACC percentage of .616.
-Wake has four bowl wins. Clemson has 15. Then again, your record isn't all that bad considering you've only been to seven bowl games in your history.
-Wake's all-time head-to-head records against Duke, Virginia, and UNC (other historical ACC cupcakes) are 30-50-2, 12-32, and 29-65-2, respectively.

Has the lesson been learned yet? If not, here's the Cliff Notes version: Wake Forest is one of the worst programs in NCAA football history and they continue that trend today.

Yes, Wake Forest is 5-0... against grossly inferior teams. Wake Forest has yet to meet any real challenge this year. That fact changes on Saturday. Clemson lost last year due to poor coaching and poor defensive play. Those coaching woes and defensive woes are gone this year. Our defense is giving up only 10.2 points a game. Wake barely eked out 14 against Duke. I'll allow you to do the math.

Now, as is the case with most debates, facts usually fall on deaf ears when talking to the irrational. I fully expect the "we're a smarter school than you" argument. Okay, let's run with it:

Wake Forest is a private, liberal arts school. They can afford to be selective about their membership. Clemson is a major public, land-grant university. We cannot afford to be as selective. However, given Clemson's status, the school provides a good education. We serve a different purpose than Wake Forest. A Wake Forest fan looking down his nose at Clemson for academics would be same as a Clemson fan doing it to a technical college. They're different entities that serve different purposes.

However, to continually show that snobbery makes me wonder how many of you actually have set foot in a Wake Forest classroom. It reminds me of fairweather UGA fans who pick up their shirt at Wal-Mart just before the game. I think someone who actually went to Wake, since the school is as good as you all claim, would have the class, manners and gentlemanly demeanor to not make such comments towards others.

After all, showing such gross ignorance of another human being simply because of the institution where he or she received his or her degree ranks among the same ignorance of judging a person by the color of hisor skin, judging him or her by nationality, or judging the person by his or her economic upbringing.

While it's certainly honorable to be proud of your alma mater, it's naive and childish to think that every person of another school is "redneck" or "stupid" or "white trash."

But, going back to football, the real irritating nature is the sudden arrogance you have adopted over a few wins in football. Have you heard the saying, "Act like you've been there before?" Well, that's a practice y'all aren't exactly adopting. Then again, you haven't been there before.

You see, Clemson fans don't pretend to have a different history in basketball. We know our place. We know we have little to brag about in basketball. When we do have some success, we still know we have a long way to go. Sadly, you Wake Forest fans seem to think you are suddenly world beaters in football... and better than Clemson.

Anyway, I have pined on long enough. I think I've made my point. Have a good day, and, to prod the stereotype a bit more, here's an emoticon of Clemson fans living in a trailer:

:familyrv

Have a good day.

Peace,

Catahoula (who had high enough grades and SAT scores to get into Wake Forest)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: My little tidbit for the Wake fans

Oct 3, 2006, 11:06 AM

I have also had words with WF fans the last few days-Catahoul gets my vote for post of the day

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Excellent! I have one, small nitpick however...

Oct 3, 2006, 11:07 AM

UNC is not a historical ACC Cupcake.

Other than that, great post.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you need to come do my job

Oct 3, 2006, 11:09 AM

jk. nice post

BOOM! GEEEEEEEEE-HAWD!***

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's sew well spokun

mekes me jellus.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Link to board you posted this on? Love to see responses!***

Oct 3, 2006, 11:22 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Link is at the top of my post.

Oct 3, 2006, 11:23 AM

They've already locked the thread. I guess the damage has been done.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Point for gratuitous 'Lonesome Dove' Latin motto

However, eeked should be eked. Unless you mean it in an assonant sort of way, heh!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Every man is my superior, in that I may learn something from him."

Was hoping someone would catch that.***

Oct 3, 2006, 11:26 AM

You could have gone to Wake and you didn't??***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I originally entered Clemson for architecture

Oct 3, 2006, 11:26 AM

And I always wanted to go to Clemson. What's wrong with that?

I was joking and what does microcosm mean??;)

Oct 3, 2006, 11:28 AM

I went to Clemson so I certainly don't know.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It means...

Oct 3, 2006, 11:31 AM

a little miniature world, or a small represenation of a larger group.

Gee, thanks.***

Oct 3, 2006, 11:32 AM

somebody cant sense sarcasm... i got your jokes, lol***

Oct 3, 2006, 11:52 AM

Sorry, thought you were seriously asking.***

Oct 3, 2006, 12:00 PM [ in reply to Gee, thanks.*** ]

I thought it was what happens to microbes when they climax.***

Oct 3, 2006, 11:46 AM [ in reply to It means... ]

Also, don't we have 15 bowl wins?***

Oct 3, 2006, 11:30 AM [ in reply to I originally entered Clemson for architecture ]

Many of us could have gone to a lot of other schools,

Oct 3, 2006, 11:31 AM [ in reply to You could have gone to Wake and you didn't??*** ]

I picked Clemson Engineering over Michigan and some other smaller colleges. In the end, the school you went to says a little bit about your education, but your experiences and character become much more valuable. I would love to list the 1000 reasons I chose to relocate 1000 miles for Clemson.

Excellent post***

Oct 3, 2006, 11:29 AM

My favorite response...even though they got off on what to

Oct 3, 2006, 11:30 AM

cook before the game.

Snidley Whiplash
Starter

Uva Uvam Vivendo Varia Fit
Posted: 10/3/06 11:25:52 am
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That seals it for me ... we might as well just go ahead and forfeit the game .... there's no way we can deal with the might and history of the Tigers ... it will free up Staurday afternoon for me so I can cut the grass.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A few problems...

Oct 3, 2006, 12:11 PM

Clemson has won 15 bowl games.

Clemson has an all-time winning percentage of 59% (not 51.4).

Fixed!***

Oct 3, 2006, 12:13 PM

Awesome! Recomended!***

Oct 3, 2006, 12:18 PM

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic