Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I know this is not popular, but...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,609

I know this is not popular, but...

Oct 12, 2010, 1:03 PM

I still like Dabo. I still believe that he will be a very good head coach. I'm still glad he is recruiting and coaching at Clemson rather than one of our rivals.

No, I'm not pleased with this season. I hate losing as much as anyone. I'm also not trying to convince anyone that I'm right or you're wrong.

I'm a Clemson fan and I want what is best for Clemson. I think it would be a mistake to change coaches this soon. If others disagree, that's fine. But nothing good can come out of constantly complaining in an open forum.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I still like him and hope he does well

Oct 12, 2010, 1:05 PM

I've been very disappointed woith how the team has looked at times, how he has prepared them, and his urgency adressing what seemto be fairly straight forward problems. I too hope he succeeds. Seems like he is frittering away his opportunity to though

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I can't disagree with any of that.***

Oct 12, 2010, 1:07 PM

I agree 100% with both of you. I think his only mistake

Oct 12, 2010, 1:07 PM [ in reply to I still like him and hope he does well ]

thusfar has been the hiring of a totally inexperienced carryover from the Bowden staff as his OC, and the bringing in of a totally inexperienced WR coach. I think Dabo can right this ship and be an outstanding head coach if he will just go out there and hire a real offensive coordinator and let them bring in a staff that fits their philosophy. If Dabo doesn't do that, I fear that he will lose many more games and ultimately fail as our head coach.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

disagree "with" one thing

Oct 12, 2010, 1:09 PM [ in reply to I still like him and hope he does well ]

my spelling of "with". Sorry

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I know this is not popular, but...

Oct 12, 2010, 1:18 PM

Well said!

I agree 100%, plus some of this is just crap

Oct 12, 2010, 1:27 PM

The crap part is when reading Mickey's blog. The comments of people wanting cahnge is ridiculous. Seriously, people want to make a change, run someone out, throw their toys down and stomp out of the room.

Good gracious, these people are ridiculous. I want ask any of those "diehards" the following questions...

1. Are you excellent in everything you do each and every day?

2. Do you give 100% of yourself to your company, your passions, your family, your friends, your community, your nation, and your neighbors?

3. Were the Tigers loafing, not trying, mailing it in for each of the games that they lost?

4. Did the Tigers have 0% chance to win even when playing as dumb as they did at times?

Make a change? That is the absolute dumbest thing that could be done. It is not Barker's, or TDP's, or Dabo's, or Steele's, or a player's fault that the games were lost.

It is the game. The ball bounces funny... a moment occurs that is not in synch or a play is called and is simply better than the defense or offense it is called against.

If we were getting blown out, then maybe some of the naysayers would have a better case that change could be needed. But not when the program is trending upward. Sure the losses are bad, but these losses tell us more about the good part of this team than 80% of Bowden's wins.

Be a fan, be a Tiger, be 100% or get out of the #### way.

Re: I agree 100%, plus some of this is just crap

Oct 13, 2010, 2:14 PM

Trending upward heh!? I'd like to know how you figure that. I'm as big a Tiger fan as anybody and have ALWAYS supported them (and still do), but this type of "football" does not set well with me! I want to see a better product on the field! What if some of the BIG donors want to take their "toys" and go home? How do you replace those "toys" in this economy? I want what I paid for too, to see a quality product!

Re: I agree 100%, plus some of this is just crap

Oct 14, 2010, 11:25 PM

Define quality, then.

My trend upward...
- went to ACC-CG whether down year or not, we went.
When was last time we went there?
We were close but did not hit it right.
Last year, we did.
Trend: improvement
-recruiting - last year was OK, this year is supposed to be very good
- Toughness - everyone says that Clemson is playing tougher. No Alabama smack us in the mouth and we cower. We are playing tougher

W&Ls are staying right around the same. Best we can hope for in 2010 is 9-3. If we achieved that then trend is improvement. 8-4 might be more realistic, but Tnetters will be unhappy. 7-5 might happen and TNetters will explode.

My worry... the T-Net Crowd could set this program back 5 or more years.
Trend: downward, downward, downward

The issue isn't Dabo.....

Oct 12, 2010, 1:32 PM

....its the assistant coaches who are failing. Either we have "some" player who just don't get it or the assistant coaches in the trenches are just not doing the jobs. Specifically, some of the assistants just don't have the ability to convey what it is that we need these young men to do. It isn't that they aren't capable. In the end it is Dabo's fault if, as a manager, he doesn't lay down the law. I'm sure he will. CTB was either incapable or unable to lay down the law. I think he was just too nice a guy.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The issue isn't Dabo.....

Oct 12, 2010, 2:49 PM

yep, I tend to agree

Yeah, me too.***

Oct 13, 2010, 1:20 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Re: I know this is not popular, but...

Oct 12, 2010, 2:55 PM

I agree. If things do not turn around this season, I think a staff shakeup is in order, but I think Dabo can do the job.

Excellent post Baron***

Oct 12, 2010, 3:03 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,609
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic