Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I've got a suggestion for a couple of posters who
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

I've got a suggestion for a couple of posters who

Jan 12, 2010, 4:29 PM

regularly post their complaints about Clemson. And I mean this honestly, with no ill will intended.

Some of you, and you know who you are, have posted many times that you are convinced the Clemson Athletic Departmant is being led by morons.

You have said that you are convinced Clemson will NEVER be great in football because the people in charge at Clemson will NEVER let it happen.

You have said you are convinced the higher ups don't want Clemson to succeed.

You have said you are convinced Dabo was a bad hire.

You have said you are convinced Napier is in over his head.

You have said you believe all Clemson wants is the money (IPTAY, ticket sales, etc.) for nothing in return.

You have said OP is no better than Bowden and should be shown the door soon.

So my suggestion for you... find another team to pull for. I'm being completely honest here. This is NOT a flame. If you believe all of the negative things you write about Clemson, why keep trying to convince others you are right? Just move on to a team/school that can make you happy.

Thge only other option is to accept this is as good as it gets and be miserable the rest of your life.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

HOF - should be a permanent sticky.***

Jan 12, 2010, 4:52 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Because some of us were born Clemson fans

Jan 12, 2010, 5:00 PM

We bleed orange and get ill when we shoot ourselves in the foot. Its not a matter of choice or just "picking" another team as some of us never picked Clemson in the first place. This doesent mean that those people dont love Clemson....just some upset fans venting their frustratons.......hope this helps

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's not talking about fans who vent their frustration or

Jan 12, 2010, 5:10 PM

understandably express their dismay with the state of affairs when things are truly bad.

He's talking about those who constantly complain and make almost exclusively negative posts, or those who bang the same negative drum over and over on the same topic.

There is a huge difference.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

And those who advocate for the firing of OP b/c he is just

Jan 12, 2010, 5:12 PM

like Bowden.

Do I need to break out the statistics again?

Jan 12, 2010, 7:00 PM

3 and 6 in ACC tourney - only made it to quarterfinals twice

0 for career in NCAA tourney

No, clucker, you just need to break your feathery self out

Jan 12, 2010, 11:14 PM

of Tiger clothing and go back to FGF.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Exactly. There is a BIG difference.***

Jan 12, 2010, 6:43 PM [ in reply to He's not talking about fans who vent their frustration or ]

Life time member since 1976

Jan 12, 2010, 7:12 PM [ in reply to Because some of us were born Clemson fans ]

I would take our TIGERS over any other program around

You just expressed my thoughts 13 times more effectively

Jan 12, 2010, 5:01 PM

than I ever could have myself.

Oh, and my attempt would have seemed pheebol in comparison.***

Jan 12, 2010, 5:02 PM

I see what you did there***

Jan 12, 2010, 5:27 PM

- H. L. Mencken

My attempts would have been day and KNIGHT different.***

Jan 12, 2010, 11:27 PM [ in reply to Oh, and my attempt would have seemed pheebol in comparison.*** ]

Keep chasing those windmills, Steve!

How did this post only receive 1 point??? Good job MDTIGER

Jan 12, 2010, 6:16 PM [ in reply to You just expressed my thoughts 13 times more effectively ]

lol

Re: I've got a suggestion for a couple of posters who

Jan 12, 2010, 5:03 PM

You are certainly correct and there are a few who post on this site who obviously aren't Clemson. But, this number is small and I would expect most of us to complain at times but remain positive about our University. I have lived a lot of years in comparison to most of you and I have learned that there exist in this wonderful world a few #######! We have a few among us. GO TIGERS and go! #######!

Re: I've got a suggestion for a couple of posters who

Jan 12, 2010, 5:19 PM

been saying that for years. just not as eloquently. great post.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ACC ACC***

Jan 12, 2010, 5:21 PM

SEC SEC***

Jan 12, 2010, 5:29 PM

Come on. Tough love is still love.***

Jan 12, 2010, 5:40 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can see both points of views... Many people who complain

Jan 12, 2010, 6:07 PM

have seen what Clemson football was like under Ford. They know what it takes in order to succeed. When Clemson football was being "put on the map" in the late 70's by Pell, we had one of the greatest presidents in Clemson's history in RC Edwards and Bill McClellan as AD who quickly fired Red Parker when he wouldn't get rid of certain assistants.

Some people see what Clemson football CAN be. We will never be like Tenn, Alabama, UF, Texas, UGA, etc because we don't have the money to compete. We do have the ability, however, to win the putrid ACC every once in a while. 19 years is inexcusable. It's almost laughable to consider how bad our program has fallen.

I believe we are certainly on the right track, but how do you expect people to trust the administration at Clemson given it's track record in the last 20 years? Of course, most of those people are gone now, but it's hard to forget that kind of crap.

You gotta admit that it's pretty sick for Clemson to hire a coach for 800,000 and then not give him the support staff that he was promised when he accepted such a low salary. Then, we tried to get rid of the freaking team chaplain due to being afraid of being turned in by the NCAA and ACLU when every team in the country probably has a chaplain on campus.

Dabo will succeed somewhere as a head coach, and I hope it's at Clemson.

point***

Jan 13, 2010, 12:47 AM

Preach it Baron

Jan 12, 2010, 7:24 PM

Best article on here and I agree 110%

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Amen.***

Jan 12, 2010, 8:05 PM

true.***