Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This could be a year to remember.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 928

This could be a year to remember.

Aug 14, 2007, 10:24 PM

I'm glad no one is giving the Tigers much of a chance this year.

Mark May isn't hurting Clemson by saying we will only win six.

This team seems to have an attitude to prove all doubters wrong. Talent plus attitude can be a great thing. And make no mistake, these Tigers are talented. Unfortunately, they are also inexperienced. They need to sneak up on some people while they grow up.

If the Tigers win against FSU, I doubt many on the national scene will change their mind. They'll doubt FSU more than they will give Clemson credit.

The next two games won't do much to increase the perception that Clemson could actually be good. Even if the Tigers begin the year 3-0, it will likely need a fourth consecutive victory before anyone takes notice. And by then this talented team will have gained a great deal of game experience, but they will still have the "us against the world" attitude.

And at that point it could get interesting.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This could be a year to remember.

Aug 14, 2007, 10:25 PM

Nice post!!

I totally agree. Great Post!***

Aug 14, 2007, 10:36 PM

The media jinxed us last year in both football and

Aug 14, 2007, 10:37 PM

basketball once they said lookout for those Tigers. Post-GT Gameday and the basketball 17-0 start

They can say we suq all season long

Agree 100% Point.

Aug 14, 2007, 10:58 PM

I truly believe that it was a different type of "attitude" that hurt us last year. Yes, we had injuries. Yes, we missed Charlie. But none of that was really a factor until after the GT game. All the hype...all the Thunder& Lightening.....all the pre-mature ACC crown fittings really came back to bite us all in the ####. That goes for players, coaches and fans alike. We should never have lost that VT game last year. Say what you want about stacking the box, injuries, coaching, Proctor.....the fact is we were all getting arrogant, to say the least.

I've gotten the feeling from this years posts that the majority of the Clemson Family (myself included) was humbled by last year's breakdown. Someone had a post earlier today that asked why Davis/Spiller had not been getting a lot of attention. I think a lot of that has to do with the "new" attitude that Baron is referring to. After last year, we all realize that the hype, attention and limelight take a fast backseat to accomplishing our goals of being an ACC/BCS contender. Lets get there, stay there, and then get as big-headed as the real USC.

I cannot fight away the belief that this year will truly be special. But you will not hear me say that again until I'm posting from Jacksonville. Go Tigers

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

We should have beat Va Tech last year?

Aug 14, 2007, 11:58 PM

Why? I think winning that game was darn near impossible.
We had a short week of prep. Va Tech was a loaded team on a skid with their backs against the wall. We had just come off one of the most emotional weekends in the past 10 years or so.....

Combine those things with the fact that VaTech's dbs locked our WR's down and their linebackers ate the zone alive and we were done without a real passing attack.

I disagree...beating them was never in the cards; arrogant or not. The arrogance came out the rest of the season in how we dealt with that loss, but wasn't a factor that night imo.

I agree with you...

Aug 15, 2007, 2:26 AM

you could pretty much tell how it was going to go from the start. You could see it in our guys. We were flat, VT was pumped up. Thank the geniuses who scheduled those games back-to-back with the short week.

But you are right. Our season was not over after that loss, but we didn't put it behind us and just never recovered our confidence after that game. You can say people figured us out, and while there may be some truth to that, it just looked like our fire was gone.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great post!***

Aug 14, 2007, 11:59 PM

Replies: 7
| visibility 928
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic