Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This will get a thumbs down, but it don't really care.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 4,021

This will get a thumbs down, but it don't really care.

Feb 15, 2015, 4:08 PM

The PC crap has gotten on my last nerve, especially when "tiger fans" are shoving it down my throat concerning usc.

1 I don't give a #### about usc. I wouldn't wear their colors even if I had them, which I don't.
2 Blackshear didn't "make a mistake". He committed a crime. And he doesn't appear to have any remorse for doing so. That makes him a thug in my book.
3 Chad Kelly is an incredible talent. Clemson cut him loose for a lot less than what Blackshear just did. Talk about that, coots.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This will get a thumbs down, but it don't really care.

Feb 15, 2015, 4:38 PM

Why is that suppose to get a thumbs down? Saying that SB just "made a mistake" isn't being politically correct...... it's being stupid. There is a reason that he was never really recruited to Clemson and that's because Dabo actually cares about character and saw BS like this coming from this kid. Spurrier on the other hand will keep you around as long as he can as long as you don't curse at the ADs wife. Then it's out of his control.

Re: This will get a thumbs down, but it don't really care.

Feb 15, 2015, 4:40 PM

1. so you could care less about sympathy, huh?

2. boys will be boys

3. who?

;)

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: This will get a thumbs down, but...

Feb 15, 2015, 5:44 PM

I agree, I don't care much for USC either. But having said that I continue to see the phrase "this politically correct ######## is driving me crazy"....or words to that effect.

Attitudes or wearing colors to symbolize something has nothing to do with being "Politically Correct".

In fact, according to Miriam-Webster Dictionary this is the actual definition of the term:

"POLITICALLY CORRECT

: conforming to a belief that language and practices which could offend political sensibilities (as in matters of sex or race) should be eliminated."

Wear colors, don't wear colors, like Kelly, don't like Kelly.....has nothing to do with being Politically Correct.

Please pass this around. :)

Beyond that, I agree with your right to feel the way you do.

Go Tigers

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This will get a thumbs down, but...

Feb 15, 2015, 7:30 PM

Choose your definition. I like this one ...

Showing an effort to make broad social and political changes to redress injustices caused by prejudice. It often involves changing or avoiding language that might offend anyone, especially with respect to gender, race, or ethnic background.

In this case - school affiliation.

The issue wasn't NOT wearing a color. The issue was using words in type to express your disdain for wearing the prescribed color of the day. Therefore, not PC. Promoting yourself for conforming to the idea = good. Expressing your dislike of the idea = bad.

PC is a form of limiting free speech. Conforming isn't a bad thing. But it's not a requirement.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How did I miss this...

Feb 15, 2015, 6:05 PM

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/12124527/qb-chad-kelly-agrees-plea-deal-following-nightclub-fight

He is suspended for the 1st 1/2 of garnet & black game***

Feb 15, 2015, 8:48 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope they honor his scholarship. He'll do more damage

Feb 15, 2015, 9:26 PM

there before it's all said and done.

Replies: 7
| visibility 4,021
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic