Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo's emotion in interviews...(long)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Dabo's emotion in interviews...(long)

Jan 13, 2012, 3:38 PM

I ran across this the other day. I've been hesitant to post it because, just as with so many of Dabo's interactions with the media, he gets heavily criticized for the way he wears his emotions on his sleeve.

http://www.wyff4.com/sports/18175860/detail.html

Every time something happens that gives certain folks an in, they love to lay it on Dabo. Sometimes it feels like many dislike him so, that they would accept the expense of Clemson failing just for an excuse to poke fun at the man. That really is a shame guys & gals.

I know we're all entitled to feel how we want and pull for Clemson in our own way. Some choose to look at the bright side no matter what (*raises hand*). Some choose to proclaim gloom and doom and just hope their wrong. And fortunately, I know that most Clemson fans fit the first description, and TNet, no matter how addicted I am sometimes, is not an accurate representation.

No matter how you feel take a look at some of the video. For those who talk about the glory days...the coach we had then, had this kind of passion and desire. He loved Clemson, so much so, that he still resides just up the road. What intangibles do you think got us to the pinnacle back in the 80's? Could it have maybe been his passion for this University and a true belief in the old mantra: "there's something special in these hills?"

Our season started unbelieveable, and then we slid a little. The last spoonfull tasted bitter, for all of us. I was there...it hurt, bad. Worse than 55-15 in the Tangerine Bowl. Worse than the loss on the road to Va. Tech after the amazing 8-0 start. Worse than the late game Matt Ryan pass to knock us out of the title game. Worse than Alabama with pre-season top-10 hype. All of these games, I sat through, and more, and last week was the worst, no doubt about it. But hey, something has to be number one.

But you know what I don't forget? I don't forget going 5-0 and sitting there after beating Va. Tech realizing, that no matter what this season, we had already far surpassed any of our expectations. I don't forget attending every home game (something I haven't gotten to do in years because of my job) for the first undefeated home season in a long time. I don't forget the first ACC title in 20 years...and winning it with an exclamation point. I was there too...

And most of all...I don't forget that we have a coach again who really, truly loves this place, and really believes we are back. He continues to make the moves to prove it, and continues to grow our program in ways I haven't seen ever in my lifetime except in videos.

So preach on Dabo...I'm behind ya brother. I believe and I will always be a Tiger. ALL IN!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like the fact that Dabo has some pepper in his character.

Jan 13, 2012, 3:41 PM

it beats Tommy Bowden's lip quiver and mostly cold, non-emotional approach.

Give me the passion to win, the passion to love, and the passion to compete.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

cuts both ways...

Jan 13, 2012, 3:45 PM

you can say 'You like a steady hand at the wheel' just as easy as you can say 'I like a rah rah guy'.
In the end, all we really want is wins... how you accomplish it is rather moot.

Dabo's rah rah gets away from him occasionally and he says things he shouldn't. The pot shots at the fans need to stop, or he'll regret it. There are already people who hold what he said in the ACCCG against him, today will only add to their lists.

His only line today about fans should be 'we got our arses handed to us, I don't expect our fans to like that. They can say whatever they like, because we gave up more points than ever in a bowl. Only one thing will make them feel better and that's wins next fall and me and the coaching staff and the team are going to do everything we can to make them happy this fall' the end.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: cuts both ways...

Jan 13, 2012, 3:56 PM

I appreciate his passion, intangibles and ability to relate to players. I think all of these things will make him a special college head football coach.

However, I wish he didn't allow his emotions to rule him so much. People tend to make poor decisions when they do so ruled by their emotions and it is a sign of immaturity IMO.

He IS a young coach and is learning, on the job, all the

Jan 13, 2012, 4:11 PM

elements involved in that. I think he came in to the position with a good knowledge of how to coach and interact with the players, but he's learning OTJ how to manage his staff, the media, the "pulpit" (so to speak) and the realization that everything he says, as well as the way he says it, has the potential to impact the fan base, his team, and the opponents, in a positive or negative manner.

I don't mind that he's learning so much OTJ because it seems that he's making progress and learning from his mistakes. I'm excited for the future of Clemson football with Dabo behind the wheel.

Re: Dabo's emotion in interviews...(long)

Jan 13, 2012, 4:41 PM

Good message, I got your back and Dabo's.

Most insightful post...and love your handle; took me awhile!

Jan 13, 2012, 5:13 PM

Go TIGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic