Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A Frank Howard story from my Dad
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,960

A Frank Howard story from my Dad

Jan 19, 2011, 12:09 PM

"We were playing Maryland at MD. The press had been asking Frank all season long where he had gotten so many big lineman. He told them he fed us cornbread and buttermilk. They all laughed and said yeah, yeah. BS Frank. So when they had a lunch the day before the game all the press was invited and they all sat up at the head table with Frank and had steaks. All of us were sitting out at tables for 8 and that fool had actually given us cornbread and buttermilk. Most of the Southern boys went ahead and ate it. The Yankees just used their spoons to stir it around. Most of them wouldn't even try to eat it. We all stayed there for a while listening to Frank and looking at each other. After about an hour Frank told us to go directly back to our rooms and there would be a bed check so we sure as hell had better be there. Everyone went beck to our rooms and found a big steak and potato waiting on us."

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Point for you, Good story!***

Jan 19, 2011, 1:04 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

funny story!***

Jan 19, 2011, 1:44 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: funny story!***

Jan 19, 2011, 3:36 PM

I remember one home game while I was a football manager. It was raining cats and dogs. People were in Fike field house griping about the weather, and Frank walked through the lobby and told everyone not to worry, we were gonna play in the sunshine. He walked out the front door, stood on the top steps, spit his tobacco juice, and blew his whistle.
Right then, the rain stopped, the sun came out, and we played under a cloudless sky. True story.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I interviewed Coach Howard twice & will tell a story soon***

Jan 19, 2011, 9:09 PM

NM

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,960
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic