Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm newer here, and I don't donate yet, but I do want to
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 54
| visibility 1

I'm newer here, and I don't donate yet, but I do want to

Mar 4, 2005, 1:14 PM

say a few things. Please read all of my points before flaming me. I think I speak in the interest of everyone on TigerNet.

I've noticed a little tension at times between those who donate and those who don't. No one has ever bothered me, but I don't bother anyone else. However, the bickering does get on my nerves at times.

Some who donate (a very small group) feel like they have more rights than others. If we had to donate, I wouldn't be able to post this right now. Obviously, Crump does not feel the same way. Your donations allow you certain privledges on this site that others are not interested in paying for at this time. Your donations do not give you authority over anyone that does not donate. They do not SuperSize your first ammendment rights, nor do they shrink anyone elses. Please stop with your "I donate so I'm better and deserve more recognition" crap. Thank you.

That being said, I realize it is your right to say it, and I cannot stop you. But please understand my point. You can get on someone's case for not donating. In return, they will probably get on your case. Then we hate each other, which is not how Tiger fans should be. We come on here to be unified, so why criticize someone for not paying or vice versa. The ones without an "R" are using a free forum provided by Crump. It's not their fault. Crump is a wise businessman and realizes that providing a free forum can lead to increased business over time. It's not his fault. Finally, there are the the people who have decided to pay for a number of reasons. Could be the increased functionality, access to other boards, less ads, etc. But by complaining about those who are not yet paying, you may just be running some of Crump's business away. So for the sake of Crump, just let things go and concentrate on being Tiger fans instead of acting like a bunch of silly coots. (Of course, I can't put words in Crump's mouth either. But I'm sure he would like more subscribers.)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you would fit well with Der Widerstand.

Mar 4, 2005, 1:20 PM

I dont think they like donors either.

Sorry, I don't understand. Please explain.***

Mar 4, 2005, 1:22 PM

The ring leader posted below...ask him.

Mar 4, 2005, 1:24 PM

I'm in the Donor Clique. Everybody hates the clique. I'm part of the problem.

I don't hate the donor clique. I just think the

Mar 4, 2005, 1:27 PM

select few in that clique who hate those that don't donate are bad for Crumps's business. You understand what I'm saying.

I try to be friends with everyone, otherwise Pauly will beat

Mar 4, 2005, 1:38 PM

me up. I praying to Zues that he doesn't find me and destroy me. Especially tonight when i'm eating at "Wild Wings" on East Washington, or hanging out afterwards at Sharky's on Main st. Hope he can't find my RED HAT or white shirt and blue jeans. Is it sad that i already have a wardrobe planned? Probably so.

P.S. Stay string against the eveil clique, they'll pull you over to darkside before you know it.

i meant strong and evil. I'm a moron.***

Mar 4, 2005, 2:01 PM

Crump is opening a Wiener Stand? Cool.***

Mar 4, 2005, 1:22 PM [ in reply to I think you would fit well with Der Widerstand. ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Funny, I'm getting flames but no responses.

Mar 4, 2005, 1:21 PM

t

out of pity, here's a morsel...we try to not feed the trolls***

Mar 4, 2005, 1:27 PM

TRADITION
"If you're going to give me 110 percent, you can rub my rock. If you're not, keep your filthy hands off of it." Coach Howard - 1967

What do you want anyone to say? Sowwy wittle fewwa...

Mar 4, 2005, 1:29 PM [ in reply to Funny, I'm getting flames but no responses. ]

trust me of all people, you might as well just join 'em.

Well, you know. I'm not trying to whine and complain for

Mar 4, 2005, 1:34 PM

my sake. I could care less. Most everyone has like my post. I've moved up from newbie to amature in a span of 2 weeks. I don't have anything to lose and thought I'd try to unite the Tiger family. The thumbs down aren't hurting me, so I thought I'd give it a shot. If certain people want to keep Crump from getting new business, I guess that's what they'll do. But at least I tried for Crump.

Again, the number of donors on this site speaks for itself.****

Mar 4, 2005, 1:35 PM

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Fine that you don't donate, but I bet you don't live

Mar 4, 2005, 1:22 PM

in Morning Mist. You cheapo. that being said, ever heard of DER WIDERSTAND?

I just joined 2 weeks ago. I'd like to try it out first Mr

Mar 4, 2005, 1:26 PM

"El Quicko to Draw Conclsianes." Like I said, I'm speaking in the interest of Crump, you should have read the entire post.

You've only been here 2 weeks and you're speaking

Mar 4, 2005, 1:28 PM

on Crump's behalf? What am I missing here?

Like I said in my post, I can't put words in Crump's

Mar 4, 2005, 1:30 PM

mouth. However, I am a business major, and I work in that field. Crump offers a free service for a reason. I don't have to be annointed by Crump to understand that. I'm just saying don't run off his potential business.

I think the number of donors on this site speaks for itself.

Mar 4, 2005, 1:33 PM

I'm sorry you've felt threatened as a new member, but you need to have a thicker skin if you plan on staying here for much longer.

I don't feel threatened fella. Hey, I went from newbie to

Mar 4, 2005, 1:35 PM

amature in less than 2 weeks. I don't feel threatened. I just hate Tiger fans fussing. You're missing the point.

Sorry, I meant Miss Fella***

Mar 4, 2005, 1:36 PM

I am Crump's business.......

Mar 4, 2005, 1:34 PM [ in reply to Like I said in my post, I can't put words in Crump's ]

So how can I run it off?

Oh you mean future or potential business.

BTW....I have an R so I am better than you and/or have amplified free speech rights. You smell bad and your wife or significant other is ugly.

just kidding. Donate to support a man that supports Clemson, don't hesitate to laugh at yourself or others.

Screw Oil, burn Lungers

I mean my sarcasm meter is OK. I know your just

Mar 4, 2005, 1:38 PM

joking. And I am considering joining. But seriously, I just want everyone to unite. CLIQUES SUCK!!! Unless of course it is for a good cause. Arguing with other Tiger fans is not a good cause.

If you want folks to agree with you all the time,

Mar 4, 2005, 1:42 PM

then maybe Tigernet isn't for you.

If you want a bunch of head nodding agreerers.......

Mar 4, 2005, 1:47 PM

go to FGF and start the following discussions....

1. Stevil will win the Natl Championship NEXT YEAR.

2. We outrecruit Clemson every year.

3. We really are an SEC team.

Screw Oil, burn Lungers

Man, and I've always admired your post. I didn't realize

Mar 4, 2005, 1:49 PM [ in reply to If you want folks to agree with you all the time, ]

you would take my statements the wrong way. KatWoman, please read carefully. My feelings are not hurt. People do not have to agree with me. I wanted to make a point and I did the best I could do. If you don't buy it, I can't make you. I don't dislike you for it. I don't feel dejected for it. Obviously, the clique will not change, which I simply think is wrong for Tiger fans. But I can't change it. I guess I'll have to live with it. Thank you for replying and taking the time to hear my thoughts. With that said, I look forward to your great post again.

Dang, Kat...I didn't know you were in the clique!

Mar 4, 2005, 1:51 PM

Crud...I never got invited!

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thats ok...I didnt even know there WAS a clique...

Mar 4, 2005, 1:53 PM

until mr. morning mist brought it up about 2 weeks ago. ;)

Yeah, THEY whipped it up while you were AWOL.***

Mar 4, 2005, 2:01 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Send me your application. Maybe we can find a

Mar 4, 2005, 2:08 PM [ in reply to Dang, Kat...I didn't know you were in the clique! ]

spot for you.

Thanks, but you know what Groucho said....***

Mar 4, 2005, 2:10 PM

LOL. - Thanks, maybe soon. So you are the leader? JK***

Mar 4, 2005, 2:11 PM [ in reply to Send me your application. Maybe we can find a ]

Don't pay any attention to her. She's a closet Tar Heel fan***

Mar 4, 2005, 1:53 PM [ in reply to Man, and I've always admired your post. I didn't realize ]

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NOOOOOOOO!!! LOL!***

Mar 4, 2005, 1:57 PM

if you just registered, how have you "always" enjoyed them?***

Mar 4, 2005, 1:54 PM [ in reply to Man, and I've always admired your post. I didn't realize ]

Always may have been the wrong word for 2 weeks. I just mean

Mar 4, 2005, 1:55 PM

what I have seen in that time.

uh huh***

Mar 4, 2005, 1:57 PM

Shhhhhhh!!!!!! (Just Kidding)***

Mar 4, 2005, 2:05 PM

Don't be so sensitive

Mar 4, 2005, 1:45 PM [ in reply to I mean my sarcasm meter is OK. I know your just ]

I don't have a problem with someone who doesn't donate. I joined TNet in 2001 and just mailed my first donation this week. Not because I didn't have the money or didn't want to help Crump. I know you said that you will probably donate in the future. People are always going to disagree. That's life. I understand what you are saying, though. But try not to let things get under your skin. And GO TIGERS!!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can I get a footlong with mustard, chili and slaw?***

Mar 4, 2005, 1:27 PM [ in reply to Fine that you don't donate, but I bet you don't live ]

NO SLAW FOR YOU!***

Mar 4, 2005, 1:30 PM

I'll have to resort to Majik dogs then!******

Mar 4, 2005, 1:32 PM

OK, I will reply.

Mar 4, 2005, 1:29 PM

Here is the problem. Most people who don't donate fall into one of the next categories. Not saying you do, just that most do.

-young teenagers who mouth off about anything and everything

-coots (even some of them donate)

-people who don't appreciate what Crump has provided for us

I posted on the board for about 3 or 4 month before I donated. I enjoyed the articles and enjoyed the posts. I felt that Crump and the others give alot to this site and they deserve my little that I can give back. So I don't think anyone hates you for not donating. We just think that at some point soon you should try to help out!

http://www.mtv.com/onair/two_a_days/assets/season_2/images/flipbooks/episodes/finale/fb_10.jpg

Re: OK, I will reply.

Mar 4, 2005, 1:39 PM

where's the one for college students, who have more important things to tend to than paying for internet websites.

"Excuse me? I don't go down to your work and tell you how to flip the burger!"

As opposed to non-internet websites?

Sorry, I had to do it. ;)

Re: As opposed to non-internet websites?

Mar 4, 2005, 1:43 PM

ah, you got me. lol

"Excuse me? I don't go down to your work and tell you how to flip the burger!"

You left off #4 The people with no money.

Mar 4, 2005, 1:39 PM [ in reply to OK, I will reply. ]

Even though I'm in the working world, I have $11 until I get paid next week. I do plan to join as soon as I have some extra money...hopefully that 40k job is right around the corner.:) BTW, I do agree with your statements...

You forgot Clemson students with no money***

Mar 4, 2005, 1:41 PM [ in reply to OK, I will reply. ]

Yes, I agree! People should not freeload forever.

Mar 4, 2005, 1:42 PM [ in reply to OK, I will reply. ]

And likely, I will join soon. However, just like everone was saying Crump didn't hire me to speak in his behalf, he didn't employ anyone who donates to call others out either. That's my point.

Another interesting point:

Mar 4, 2005, 1:48 PM

Crump posted something today on the Donor board and unless I missed it, he didn't post in on the normal board. It wasn't anything too exciting but I though you might like to know.

http://www.mtv.com/onair/two_a_days/assets/season_2/images/flipbooks/episodes/finale/fb_10.jpg

That's exactly my point.

Mar 4, 2005, 1:47 PM [ in reply to OK, I will reply. ]

That was part of my point. The donor people normally go off about others who don't donate because they fall into one of those categories. I personally think that we should have a get-together and sell donuts for y'all who don't have any money. I would come help!

Re: I'm newer here, and I don't donate yet, but I do want to

Mar 4, 2005, 1:33 PM

Those who donate money do treat us differently. And honestly, the only reason I don't is because I'm a broke college kid. My bank account balance is about $15 right now. I realize I'm in the dumps monetarily and I accept the fact that I don't carry as much clout around here as those who are older, better off, and can spend money on non-necessities. One day I'll be there too.

Basically what I am saying it...get over it.

Hall of Fame Post!!!***

Hey, I'm no hater...

Mar 4, 2005, 1:48 PM

Everone has a right to their opinion. Free speech is still a 1st Amendment right. God help us the day it's not.

I respect non-donors and donors alike.

2024 free_orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FWIW, point for your name. BengalBen- kinda sounds like a

Mar 4, 2005, 1:52 PM

tiger mascot. I like it.

AMEN! Hope you don't get flamed for that!

Mar 4, 2005, 1:53 PM [ in reply to Hey, I'm no hater... ]

Some people always think they're better than others. The ones left over are the one's with class. Bengal, you are a very classy person. Point for you!

Replies: 54
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic