Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I have raised three sons, one of whom played football
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

I have raised three sons, one of whom played football

Jun 30, 2013, 10:13 PM

at Clemson. I have been around young people a lot. Many of them with good parents have done things which were wrong. Kids often do things which hurt parents. In fact, they often break mom's and dad's hearts. Until you have walked a mile in their shoes, go easy on parents who are suffering.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^ So true

Jun 30, 2013, 10:17 PM

You cannot always blame the parents. I have two nephews raised by the same parents the same way. Both bright. One is in college and doing well and the other is in and out of jail. It breaks his parent's hearts and they have done everything for him - including kicking him out when they had no other choice.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you want to make a tv show?

Jun 30, 2013, 10:26 PM

I can't think of a name you could use..

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: So you want to make a tv show?

Jun 30, 2013, 11:18 PM

Name it, Kids with good parents FK up to!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Leo, I've thought about what my parents would have done

Jul 1, 2013, 6:39 AM

had I pulled off a similar stunt, and their reaction would have been harsh. Due to their upbringing and circumstances, they believed an 18-year-old man should be able to fend for himself, so their attitudes would have been, "You got yourself into this...now, figure out a way to get yourself out of it" with a caveat from my Dad, "You better go see those people at Clemson, admit what you did and do whatever they want to straighten the situation out."

My Mother would have rattled the pots and pans, as she was wont to do, when angry, for she would have looked at the misdeeds as an embarrassment for me and the entire family, as well as a gross affront to Clemson. I would have known to stay as far away from her as possible, for those pots and pans were heavy-duty stuff! lol

Essentially though, I would have been on my own to "face the music." I won't convict this young man, because thus far, he is only a suspect charged. Due to a lack of more information, presently there are a lot of "if's" in this case. Likewise, I won't condemn nor accuse the family.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic