Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bite me..I hate all you taters...here we are again going int
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Bite me..I hate all you taters...here we are again going int

Oct 31, 2004, 1:50 PM

into the final stretch of the season and my Gamecocks stink,

the beginning of the year was great..you looked like crap and even got some lucky calls, but still started 1-4.

Now it looks like we are heading to another 5 win season and Cu is finishing strong..AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh

this totally sucks..i am miserable...we looked so good in the first half, although we could not score...and we looked so bad in the second half

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

Here we go again

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh

i think my coach in pee wee football at the YMCA was more creative and smarter than USC's

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHhhh

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What "lucky" calls did we get?***

Oct 31, 2004, 1:52 PM

PI...but does it matter now? AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHh***

Oct 31, 2004, 1:53 PM

It was definitley PI, so how is that lucky?***

Oct 31, 2004, 1:54 PM

Many times late in the game refs will swallow their whistles

Oct 31, 2004, 2:01 PM

So even on a valid call it's still "lucky" to some degree that the ref makes the call.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And I should couple that with sometimes it's luck that

Oct 31, 2004, 2:03 PM

ACC refs even get calls right!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now that I agree with.***

Oct 31, 2004, 2:04 PM

Added because my first answer didn't read as I'd intended.***

Oct 31, 2004, 2:09 PM

It was blatant and prevented Grant from making the catch

Oct 31, 2004, 2:04 PM [ in reply to Many times late in the game refs will swallow their whistles ]

I've never seen a ref not call a blatant interference just because it was near the end of a game. The call was a no brainer. Not "lucky" at all.

Did you watch the Miami-UNC game last night?

Oct 31, 2004, 2:08 PM

Let alot more than that go last night, but they were consistant.

I'm not sure which plays you're talking about, but I did see

Oct 31, 2004, 2:12 PM

the last quarter or so of the game. I didn't see any blatant no calls that would've caused one of the teams to lose the game. In fact, i'm not sure I've ever seen a no call near the end of a game just because it was near the end of a game. Maybe you're thinking of basketball?

You do see it alot more in basketball...

Oct 31, 2004, 2:26 PM

Different crews call things differently. I might be thinking of the MD-FSU game where a lot of contact was allowed. PI is a call that is rarely an automatic.

Ain't no Tiger EVER looked like crap. coot!!***

Oct 31, 2004, 2:02 PM

LOL, I don't know how to respond.

Oct 31, 2004, 2:05 PM

Usually the coots I like to smack down don't hand me the gun & ammunition.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your season's not over***

Oct 31, 2004, 2:09 PM

please spare me, we have been here before***

Oct 31, 2004, 2:29 PM

Maybe next year you'll remember that it ALWAYS turns out

Oct 31, 2004, 3:33 PM

this way. Always.

We all tried to tell you guys to pipe down when you were beating a bunch of barely Div. 1 teams, thinking about making reservations in Atlanta for the Championship game and saying "Clemson sucks!" How anyone that has followed both teams for more than a few years and can't predict an accurate outcome to both teams' seasons is beyond me.

By the way, I wouldn't being within one score of beating two top ten teams into the 4th quarter "looking like crap". It would do you a lot of good to watch our games and remember the level of competition and realistically imagine the outcome if your beloved Gamecocks were playing the same games. You would give anything to play as strong as we do against some of the best teams in the country.

Eh????

Oct 31, 2004, 3:49 PM

You haven't played any teams that are currently in the Top 10. If you're speaking of FSU and UVa, you still lost to them by about 3 touchdowns each. USC lost by 4 points to the #5 team in the country and by only 2 tds to the #11 team in the country (which is still higher than both UVa and FSU). True, you have had a tougher schedule. However, if you want to compare how we've done against the best competition we've faced, USC has done better against better opponents.

You are right hough, it's fairly easy to predict both teams' seasons. USC wins early and falters at the end. Clemson is usually inconsistent, losing and winning a few games they shouldn't. By preseason expectations though, y'all have miserably failed by probably needing a win over USC just to become bowl eligible. With the turmoil USC's program was in prior to the season, 5-3 at this point was a likely scenario.

The Historic Horseshoe

Underacheiving (Clemson) is better than never acheiving-USC***

Oct 31, 2004, 3:53 PM

Are you saying it's better to underachieve than to never

Oct 31, 2004, 4:26 PM

achieve? Or are you saying Clemson is a better football team than USC?

I guess underachieving, as long as you're still achieving something (which you guys really haven't yet), is better than never (not) achieving anything. As far as who is better between Clemson and USC, we'll have to see. Our offense finally looked pretty good against a good defense, while yours still hasn't looked good. Unfortunately, we have trouble in the red zone. Our defense looked extremely good during the first half (only allowed 1 or 2 first downs), but definitely did not look good in the 2nd half-- I believe primarily because of the UT score at the end of the 1st half and 2 quick scores in the second half (1 due to 1 big offensive play and 1 after UT started on our 20 yard line).

If you get to us early, like last year, you'll probably win. You'll need the big plays though. If not, USC will win.

The Historic Horseshoe

Re: Are you saying it's better to underachieve than to never

Oct 31, 2004, 4:46 PM

LMAO...what game did you watch?? UT killed themselves, not vice-versa. 300 yards of your offense was in the 4th quarter when UT really did not care. You have played a very soft schedule with the best team beaten to date is Troy. What does this say for you??

As far as we go, we have played 7-8 teams with better defenses than what you guys have. Again, I saw how wide open the middle of the field is when your playing defense. Face it, we are getting better every week and you are not.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic