Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why is so hard to sit still for a couple of minutes
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Why is so hard to sit still for a couple of minutes

Sep 25, 2006, 2:11 PM

Why during the National Anthem are people talking or walking to their seats. Why not take a couple of minutes and pay tribute to this great nation and those who have died so that you could even watch a ball game in peace. It irritates me so bad to see people walking up and down the stadium during the National Anthem. I know that the great majority of people show this respect, but the last two ball games I have noticed more people do not. I will not pull the "It makes Clemson look bad" card, because it does not, it makes that person look bad. That said, God Bless America and GO TIGERS!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why is so hard to sit still for a couple of minutes

Sep 25, 2006, 2:12 PM

and don't give the finger, because that leads to the spread of bird flu.

why do people woo hoo? They just do, nothing you

Sep 25, 2006, 2:13 PM

can do to stop it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Call me a bad person then, but when I am trying to get to my

Sep 25, 2006, 2:31 PM

seat and people logg jam the portals to the stadium for every each and every song/anthem or whatever, then I get frustrated with them. If you want to be there to stand in silence for the anthem then perhaps you should get to your seats earlier. When 50,000 people are still trying to jam in to the stadium 10 minutes before kickoff it's frustrating to have to stop during all of the pregame events.

every song/anthem?

Sep 25, 2006, 2:34 PM

Never get there that late usually... but everytime I've been to any venue for any sporting event I've seen people stop for the National Anthem out of respect.

The idiots who don't should move to China.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bad Person Butt***

Sep 25, 2006, 2:37 PM [ in reply to Call me a bad person then, but when I am trying to get to my ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bad person.

Sep 25, 2006, 2:43 PM [ in reply to Call me a bad person then, but when I am trying to get to my ]

When the national anthem is playing, stand still, put your hand over your heart and face the flag. If you can sing, sing. When the prayer is being said, bow your head. When the alma mater is being played, stand still.

Continuing to your seat is about the rudest thing a person can do. The folks who think they should be able to walk unimpeded to their seats during the Naional Anthem are the ones who need to get to the game earlier...or much much later.

Harley

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A lot of the same people are OK with selling

Sep 25, 2006, 2:45 PM

the naming rights to a memorial for WWII dead.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

opinion***

Sep 25, 2006, 3:19 PM [ in reply to Bad person. ]

Clemson

Custom***

Sep 25, 2006, 3:21 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Demon Deacon problems? There's an app for that too, and it ain't buggy like that yellowjacket repellant:

respect***

Sep 25, 2006, 3:22 PM [ in reply to opinion*** ]

What kind of person are you

Sep 25, 2006, 3:39 PM [ in reply to Call me a bad person then, but when I am trying to get to my ]

"for every each and every song/anthem or whatever"

It is not just another song or anthem, this is not Britney Spears, this is the NATIONAL ANTHEM!!! It is a symbol for what this country is and it is a memorial to how we got it. There are many that have died that gave you the right to disrespect them, and that is what you are doing. I do not know you, so I will not call you a bad person, but I will call you disrespectful. If your son/daughter/mother/father died protecting this country, if you served a day in your life in the military, or if you were raised right you would stand still, put your hand over your heart, remove your hat, and take a couple of minutes out of your life to think about how lucky you are to live in this great country and how you are greatful to those who gave you that right. FWIW, I do get to the games early. I get to my seats as soon as the band gets in the stadium. It is the folks like you that are trying to make me move out of their way so they can get to their seats. So I have two choices to make, either I stop honoring what I believe is the greatest country in the world and let some smuck get to their seat, or I ignore them until the end of my National Anthem. I will choose the first choice!

Worse yet, some Ahole in TDE

Sep 25, 2006, 2:43 PM

made a comment to me about standing on the steps while God Bless AMerica was playing instead of allowing them to get by.

I told him to Shut the Hell up and have some respect for our country and wait 30 seconds.

Great way to teach him a lesson

Sep 25, 2006, 3:18 PM

"I told him to Shut the #### up and have some respect for our country and wait 30 seconds."

Clemson

Let me tell you where I have a problem.

Sep 25, 2006, 3:46 PM

I think it's right to stop for the invocation and the national anthem. But can we move the rest of the time? Is it necessary to stop and stand in the portal for the whole friggin' pregame?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic