Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
You guys need to get your #### straight
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

You guys need to get your #### straight

Jul 21, 2006, 12:15 PM

The stuff I read on here is unbelievable. In one sentence, nobody wants to be Clemson to be a media darling, yet no one can stand it if a talk show host shows the least bit of apathy or negativity towards Clemson. You guys demand respect, when nothing has been accomplished on a national level in YEARS. "We're Clemson, we're better than that" is uttered in the same breath as insulting "whatever team is thought of" GET OVER IT. A Clemson degree is as well thought of as a ND degree? Educationally, yeah. National presence and opening up doors? HELL no. Its all about networking, and Clemson is nowhere near as recognized as ND. Insulting a highly talented coach for supposedly doing something that happens everywhere, every recruiting season? Why? Think its never mentioned when we're trying to bring a kid in about SCU's problems, or UT's problems, or whatever school? Think we don't point out negatives and accentuate our positives? Come on now. Get over your silliness and attempt some objectivity. ND is not out to get us. They shouldn't even be a blip on our radar, unless it's head to head recruiting, and even then, we're gonna get some, and they will get some. The nation likes them, the nation doesn't hate us...they just don't know us. So what? Not a whole lot will get accomplished from this forum except good quality message board material that the other teams fans will laugh about, same as you guys do for FGF.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uh-oh!!***

Jul 21, 2006, 12:18 PM

Everyone is out to get Clemson.

Jul 21, 2006, 12:19 PM

ESPN, The Refs, Notre Dame, Every sports writer, Every TV announcer. In every sport. They all hate us.

Get with the program, my friend.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, I guess this means we can't be friends now.

Jul 21, 2006, 12:21 PM

:)

Yes sir, drill seargant, sir*****

Jul 21, 2006, 12:39 PM

Coot!

Jul 21, 2006, 12:19 PM

;)

The tool is a powerful brain.

I'm having a stroke***

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's not an alum :)***

Jul 21, 2006, 12:23 PM

Hello Lounge friends.***

Jul 21, 2006, 12:24 PM

You should be banned!***

Jul 21, 2006, 12:25 PM

REPORT ABUSE!***

Jul 21, 2006, 12:27 PM

No, no, no!

Jul 21, 2006, 12:30 PM

What we need to do is to write to ESPN radio and urge them to remove Cowherd from the air. Send emails to the ESPN execs and let them know we will NOT stand for this ####.

Emailing them about that is incredibly bush league......

Jul 21, 2006, 12:32 PM

We need to fax them.

Email and faxes are for lazy people....they will take

Jul 21, 2006, 12:34 PM

more consideration from personally written letters with Clemson stationary. They will give even more consideration if they find a Clemson 2 dollar bill in there.

What ever happened to good ole fashion faxin?***

Jul 21, 2006, 12:32 PM [ in reply to No, no, no! ]

That's so 90's.***

Ahhh yes, bring back the Hatfield years.***

Jul 21, 2006, 12:38 PM

THROWBACKS, BABY!!!!

Jul 21, 2006, 12:42 PM [ in reply to That's so 90's.*** ]

The natives are getting restless...this happens every year

about this time. We need some football and soon!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, we need some complaints about the bubble screen***

Jul 21, 2006, 12:23 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re especially when the MOT gets the bubble screen and slip

Jul 21, 2006, 12:24 PM

screen confused

*******DISCLAIMER********* My intent of this post was not to upset the manginas who frequent some of the boards.

I agree

Jul 21, 2006, 12:22 PM

It seems a lot of people on here are like mothers who think their child is the perfect angel when in reality thir are signs everywhere that they are not. Im not denouncing Clemson and saying somehting wrong it just seems like everyone else does everything wrong and we are innocent bystanders. For example everyone makes fun of USC saying Mitchell for Heisman and Syvelle for Heisman and Ko for Heisman, but Clemson fans have been saying the same thing about two very talented players, but who havent even stepped on the field and one hasnt even enrolled here yet.

I think this is my favorite thread on this board EVER.***

"Our wide receiver coach has accomplished just as much as your legend."

- The man of a million handles.

You need to get out more****

Jul 21, 2006, 12:33 PM

I don't believe you can generalize...

Jul 21, 2006, 12:30 PM

and say a ND degree is more valuable than a degree from Clemson. If so, I would have run across at least a few in my profession over the years.

I have never worked with a ND graduate in my field, so I can't relate.

In the construction/engineering profession, a degree from MIT, GT, VT, and yes, even Clemson is much more valuable than a degree from ND.

It all depends on the major.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's true. But you know that a Notre Dame degree is

going to be more widely recognized than one from Clemson, regardless of the degee. Hell, I work with people who have never even HEARD of Clemson. Now I'm not saying a Clemson degree isn't valuable (it is), or depending on the field...possibly MORE valuable than one from ND. But from a recognition standpoint, a ND education/degree is going to be more widely recognized than one from Clemson. Like you though, I've never worked with anyone with a ND degree. But that's not necessarily a good thing. That may mean they all have better jobs than me. ;)

I wholeheartidly agree with you in not generalizing and

Jul 21, 2006, 12:41 PM [ in reply to I don't believe you can generalize... ]

pointed it out below in a follow up to you.......I have worked with, gone to grad school with and know a number of ND alumns pretty well. And none of them have ever tried to rip Clemson to shreds.

My basis actually comes from that - that is why I can't understand everyone not knowing anyone or working with anyone ripping the alumns and students there as a whole.

Somebody needs to lighten up.

A fan by definition is someone who cointinues to support his team and pull for them in spite of the facts. Sports passion and facts are not equivalent issues except for bandwagon fans. That doesn't mean fans are stupid or uneducated, it means they continue to exercise hope in spite of what they see.

As to Charlie Weis. His recent actions are open to criticism. He is well paid to be a figure head for a well known program. He can and should be able to take some criticism. If you want nothing but facts discussed go see your accountant. If you want a world where facts and passion blend together welcome to the world of sports. That is what T-net is about. The FACT IS IF YOU DON"T LIKE A POST DON'T READ IT.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"The FACT IS IF YOU DON"T LIKE A POST DON'T READ IT"

Jul 21, 2006, 12:36 PM

But you apparently don't like his...yet you read it. Interesting.

;)

Sorry, I could not resist.

In fact I enjoy reading all posts. I am not the one

Jul 21, 2006, 12:38 PM

essentially telling those of us that passionately don't like ND to shut up. I think he is wrong and enjoy telling him so.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you know you won't like a post if you don't read it?

Jul 21, 2006, 12:36 PM [ in reply to Somebody needs to lighten up. ]

I try not to be as close-minded as everyone else.

OK, Would you agree Weis' comments are part of a public

Jul 21, 2006, 12:42 PM

record and are therefore facts? If so, then those facts are open to comment. Most people on this board did not appreciate what we perceived to be a condescending attitude from (your words) a very talented coach, to a kid 2 months out of high school. If you don;t recognize people's right to react with emotion then I would pose the idea that you are close minded. We may just need to agree to disagree.

I agree

Jul 21, 2006, 12:51 PM

But it should have just been ho hum...again I ask, who cares? He's not the first coach to have done something like that, and won't be the last. We won't ever know exactly what was done, so we stir up worst case preconceived notions that lil ol' Clemson is getting picked on again. Its just stupid.

What did the Marine's do to your head...LMAO

Don't give this guy a gun....

Look at me being serious!!!!

nm

Thank God for Jar Heads!!!***

Jul 21, 2006, 12:40 PM