Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kudos to Herbstreet yesterday for calling these kids out
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Kudos to Herbstreet yesterday for calling these kids out

Feb 2, 2012, 8:04 PM

for being selfish attention seeking prima donnas. And he had the balls to call out ESPN for their part in creating and fostering that monster. Herbie has been, and continues to be, a fresh voice not scared to dish out needed criticism. He's hated back home in Ohio for not pandering to the Kool Aid drinkers. LOL, in the spirit of de' tante I won't comment further on that. ;)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Blue Caddy i for once totally agree with ya***

Feb 2, 2012, 8:26 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree with this too...good post***

Feb 2, 2012, 8:41 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kudos to Herbstreet yesterday for calling these kids out

Feb 2, 2012, 8:43 PM

Herbstreit called them out last year as well BTW.

Dang old Blue, you been hold'en back! Amen!***

Feb 2, 2012, 8:56 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

you Herbstreet pumper you...***

Feb 2, 2012, 9:06 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 2, 2012, 9:11 PM

Herbie does a great job. He calls 'em like he sees 'em to the extent he can. He's knowledgable and entertaining. Two things that aren't usually synonymous. He calls Clemson out and pumps SEC at times and gets a bad rap from some for it, but I personally really like him

Now if you could only give some praise to Clemson.....***

Feb 2, 2012, 9:15 PM

I love Clemson, just don't like how Barker handles athletics

Feb 2, 2012, 11:53 PM

and want a real coach. Not an under qualified cheerleader. If I didn't like Clemson I wouldn't care that our AD has sucked the past 20 years.

Pumpers don't realize that a LOT of people on TNET, and most fans/alumni I know in person, feel very similar to me. The ones on TNET are getting more vocal, but most prefer to remain silent to avoid the attacks and abuse. They know it's impossible to have intelligent conversation or debate with delusional fanatics oblivious to the big picture who only focus on the few positives they can spin while ignoring the more numerous, bigger, deeper problems.

Sadly, TNET pumpers are like religious fanatics. No opinions except their own are accepted, even those differing opinions proved factual. Anyone with a different view is assaulted until censored or run off. Not very Christian nor American, but then, it's to be expected since fanatics aren't rational.

Herb is a closet Clemson fan******

Feb 2, 2012, 9:21 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He seems pretty out of the closet to me. ;-)***

Feb 2, 2012, 11:54 PM

That does it..

Feb 2, 2012, 9:25 PM

I'm buying lottery tickets tonight! Point for the blue caddy.

That felt weird to even type! ;)

Nice...

Feb 2, 2012, 9:42 PM

I see straight through it but still ... very good, and agreed. ESPN is now in the business of breeding 'superstars' instead of just reporting on them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL! Such a cynic. I was being sincere and honest.***

Feb 2, 2012, 11:56 PM

I feel a "We are the World" moment coming on....***

Feb 2, 2012, 10:22 PM

"The sky is falling!!!... The sky is falling!!!"***

Feb 2, 2012, 10:26 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I will take it a step farther...ESPN has created this

Feb 2, 2012, 10:33 PM [ in reply to I feel a "We are the World" moment coming on....*** ]

'look at me pick a hat even though everyone knows I'm going to Bama' high drama.

I think the tweeting, going where my buddy goes (be your own man), my grand daddy wants me to go here, etc stuff is ridiculous!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What?? Blue Caddy

Feb 2, 2012, 11:38 PM

is kerrect! These prima donnas have been on a pedestal since 8th or 9th grade. The "hat" thing is now boring. Shame on ESPN for continuing to pander to highschoolers who are only too happy to tout, "me, me, me."

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 3, 2012, 12:19 AM

Yea you would think ESPN runs the NCAA and NFL at times!

Proud to be in the same corner w/the Caddy on this one!***

Feb 3, 2012, 12:30 AM

I disagree only with the "prima donna" part....It should be

Feb 3, 2012, 8:45 AM

"pre-madonna!" lol The next thing ESPN and other networks will push will be open school districts whereby kids can choose high schools. Then we'll have a MSD...Mommy Signing Day, wherein Mommas nationwide will select high schools for their football playing kids. And I can see it now:

INTERVIEWER TO KID: "Why did you select Podunk High?"

KID: "My Mommy told me to...WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've disagreed with you many times before, but you're

Feb 3, 2012, 3:37 PM

on the money with this one. Point.

"The rock has strange powers. When you rub it, and run down the hill, the adrenaline flows. It’s the most emotional experience I’ve ever had." -Michael Dean Perry

"If you don't like Clemson, something is wrong with YOU." -Dabo Swinney

WE are the only ones to blame.

Feb 3, 2012, 4:20 PM

How many people took NSD off work/didnt do jack sh*t that day because of all the action? We like it, we watch it, and that's why ESPN has it for us. These kids aren't used to being interviewed and watched on a national spotlight, so I bet a lot of them feel like they need to do something over the top.

Herbstreet is no oracle here, just saying what everyone else is thinking when they were watching that train wreck of television.

These announcements can only get more and more ridiculous. One of our own, Carlos Watkins, had the most ridiculous golf-cart commitment ride.

So in the end, I don't care what these kids do when they announce as long as they are wearing the paw when it's all said and done.

Wrong. 1. It takes balls to speak out and call out the folks

Feb 4, 2012, 12:31 AM

that pay you. Herbsteet did.

2. Yes, people love NSD, but that does not condone nor support the actions of these kids. Their parents, coaches, and ESPN/the media are to blame. When kids first started doing this it should have been stopped, but the people capable of stopping it didn't. Only a minority of kids do it, so the fanfare around NSD is not the cause. Just as many people would watch the recruiting shows even if they didn't show the actual signing or decision by these kids. So it's not our fault, that's a cop out. These kids do it because they can. And at risk of being called racist, which some liberal PC folks on here do with any mention of race regardless of validity, if you look at who is doing the overwhelming majority of this nonsense it's black kids. In fact, I've never seen or heard of a white kid pulling these signing day stunts. For black kids it's part of the hip hop culture, which is ALL about attention seeking.

You tried not to sound racist, but...

Mar 8, 2012, 1:13 PM

Stephen Garcia

I agree wholeheartedly!*

Feb 3, 2012, 4:30 PM

nm

Never thought I'd TD Blue Caddy***

Feb 3, 2012, 5:55 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anyone have a video clip of Herby talking?***

Feb 3, 2012, 8:19 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Ka-Ching!!!!!!

Feb 3, 2012, 8:49 PM

Nice post!!!!

Feb 3, 2012, 10:05 PM

I know I give you a hard time a lot,but you are dead on with this one. Good post and point for you.;)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic