Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Disgraceful!!!!!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

Disgraceful!!!!!!

Jan 10, 2012, 1:45 PM

Only crossed midfield once. Under 100 total yards. Heisman candidate no-show. Set a MNC record by scoring zero points. Blown out by a team that didn't even win it's own division. Lost AT HOME (practically) to boot. In front of the whole world!!!!!

We'll NEVER get back to the old days like this. Bama was bigger, stronger, faster, and had better coaching. Now we'll never get all the good recruits. Someone has to go. Should it be Miles the "players coach"? Can't be their buddy all the time, Les-boy. Let's fire the OC that kept stubbornly calling 1 yard runs and refused to throw the ball down field. QB coach has now had like 30 weeks to teach the option and WE GET THAT last night? Our S&C coach clearly stinks as we were MANHANDLED at the line of scrimmage. Them bama boys were faster and stronger. The LBs coach? Don't even get me started here. DID HE NOT KNOW THAT BAMA WAS GONNA THROW TO THE TEs? CRIMMINY!!!!!! He couldn't cover a tight end in a brothel for cryin out loud!
The team magician needs to be fired. He did his job by getting Maze to disappear but the STUPID ### made the Honey Badger go too? And shoot while we're at it send the recruiting coordinator on his way for recruiting a team that scored ZERO. Blank. Nothing. and gave up 6 scoring drives. At home in New Orleans, on national tv, for the MNC. THANKS BUDDY!!!!! He!!, even Washington fired their whole defensive coaching staff. Why? BECAUSE THEY ARE ACCOUNTABLE AND WILL DO WHAT IT TAKES TO WIN!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not supporting this team until we get back to Paul Dietzel football. I keep telling yall this new-age Les Miles BS don't work. Watch the tape. The administration needs to WAKE UP. Even the announcers were making fun of our bench for being flat. WHERE IS THE LEADERSHIP???

IT would be laughable if LSU fans thought this way wouldn't it? Me thinks the real TigerNation needs to calm down and be thankful that we went to a BCS game this year despite NO ONE predicting us to win more than 7 games. Lots of guys coming back, yet another top 10 recruiting class, and a place like nowhere on earth to hang out during home games. Dabo is building a winner and has, so far, surpassed the expectation of every Tiger fan in America. Say he hasn't exceeded your expectation and you sir will be called a liar.

22 days till NSD
87 days till the O&W game

GO TIGERS!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best comparison I've read about the OB. Great perspective.***

Jan 10, 2012, 1:53 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Disgraceful!!!!!!

Jan 10, 2012, 1:58 PM

LSU didn't get beaten convincingly (or at all) 3 times prior to their BCS game, despite playing Oregon, Arkansas, and Alabama.

If we played Oregon, Arkansas, and Alabama(twice) and went 3-1 in that stretch, I'm not saying I would be completely satisfied, but I'd sure as heck be a lot happier than I am now.

While I appreciate the intention of your post,

Jan 10, 2012, 2:00 PM

we have some problems. We did some great things this year, but with that being said, we also looked unmotivated, soft and lost at times. Also LSU was not the laughing stock of the football world for having a rep of going up in flames spectacularly.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

It's a bit early to be drunk isn't it?

Jan 10, 2012, 2:01 PM

You've got a point though and the hangover is starting to wear off a bit. There's no denying that something has to change though. I'm not saying someone definitely needs to be fired. Just saying that at a minimum something has to be done about scheme (figure out how to stop the spread/triple-option) and tackling (as in make some).

so because LSU was embarrassed

Jan 10, 2012, 2:01 PM

that means we should sit by and accept it????

because no one gave us a chance to start with that means we should accept this crap?

and WVU ain't BAMA!!!

and 22 points ain't 70

did I mention WVU ain't BAMA?

LSU might have lost to WV were it not for 4 turnovers

Jan 11, 2012, 5:35 PM

I know, if's and but's, but WV gave LSU a decent shot. The score doesn't indicate it, but the play on the field did.

+1. They need to watch the games******

Jan 11, 2012, 8:23 PM

Alabama was ranked #1 in every defensive category.

Jan 10, 2012, 2:05 PM

They actually made up new defensive categories this year just to rank Alabama #1 in them.

Are we seriously comparing the #1 ranked defense holding a team under 100 yards to being absolutely curb stomped (and then some) by the winner of the Big East (by way of a three way tie)???

Photobucket

I'm not, that guy is***

Jan 10, 2012, 2:06 PM

Uhh. Put another way, the #1 team in the nation was

Jan 10, 2012, 2:22 PM [ in reply to Alabama was ranked #1 in every defensive category. ]

held to under 100 total yards and only crossed midfield once, only to finish that drive on the wrong side of midfield. I'd say the case could be made that this was a terrible loss for LSU. They'd already beaten Bama once, and Bama beat who this year? Arkansas? Who else? Who did that mighty D stop? N. Texas?

My point is that we have a lot of fans that need to simmer. Do we have problems? Yes. And so does every other team in America...except Bama.

10-4 was a good year for us and it didn't end on a positive for sure. Enjoy it for what it was because it was significantly better than any of us though it would be.. WVU isn't as good and we aren't as bad as the OB played out, but we have to live with it.

Onward to next year, and yes our expectation this year should be to go back to and win a BCS game.

Alabama gave up 106 points ALL YEAR

Jan 10, 2012, 3:45 PM

We gave up 70 points in ONE GAME. Heck in TWO games (WVU and Maryland) we gave up 115 points.

I don't care if Alabama played the SC School for the Deaf and Blind each game, THREE shutouts and holding opponents to under TEN points in 8 out of 13 games is pretty darn good.

Photobucket

Noob I agree Bama's defense is good, if not

Jan 11, 2012, 10:12 AM

great even.

But before we start talking best D of all time like the announcers the other night, let's keep in perspective that they I think only beat 2 ranked teams going into the MNC game and only beat 3 teams with winning records. This is off the top of my head so don't kill me if I'm off a little on my facts.

So for the #1 team to get shut out against a team that arguably shouldn't have even been playing...well, that could be considered a pretty bad loss.

We need to keep our season in perspective and march on towards 2012. We have lots to build on and shouldn't have so many negative "fans". I just don't understand it.

Re: Uhh. Put another way, the #1 team in the nation was

Jan 11, 2012, 10:55 PM [ in reply to Uhh. Put another way, the #1 team in the nation was ]

you are right.10-4 is a heck of a lot better than 6-7.there still a lot of work to do,but the future looks a lot brighter than it did a year ago.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Alabama was ranked #1 in every defensive category.

Jan 10, 2012, 3:38 PM [ in reply to Alabama was ranked #1 in every defensive category. ]

Agreed. Trying to compare LSU loss to Alabama and losing to WVU is laughable! People will rationalize anything I guess.

We got 70 scored on us man****

Jan 10, 2012, 2:07 PM

Jan 10, 2012, 2:08 PM

LSU didn't get 70 hung on them and I have yet to hear a single report of their Defensive players asking the other team's offense to back off because "they got this". If that was true then, I would have tied for an even 100. Just heartless and gutless IMO.

Miles didn't come out extolling the virtues of his defense only to be completely embarassed on Prime Time to the point where the MNF crew was outright laughing at him.

LSU didn't get crushed by an option team, get beat for the third time in a row by its rival badly, or lose to a bad NCST team. LSU wasn't in a shootout with a two win MD team. LSU did beat the donkey snot out of WVU though.

Did LSU have to win in the fourth quarter on a prayer to their WF, Wofford or Troy?

Dabo and Morris have done wonders with the offense over what it was in 2010 but there's a lot more to be done.

I support those young men and the University as much as anyone but to blow sunshine about some of this is stupid. Our defense sucks, period. I've never witnessed a Clemson defense that was this poorly coached and schemed in my 40 years of life.

Jan 11, 2012, 8:30 PM

1978 Grad....never seen anything like it in my lifetime of Tiger Football.Well said Salty.You are exactly on target.

It does help a little that everyone is now talking about

Jan 10, 2012, 2:09 PM

that game and the lack of LSU points.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now I think we've seen it all...

Jan 10, 2012, 2:20 PM

Comparing us to LSU. What a silly post. This is a joke, right? C'mon, this is apples to oranges. Oh wait... Yes, as a matter of fact we were completely embarrased for the 4th time this year on our biggest stage of the year. There is no comparison.

Still, LSU's shut-out demise makes me feel better about ours

Jan 10, 2012, 2:28 PM

Go TIGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well thats pitiful then...***

Jan 10, 2012, 3:29 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doggy-say what you want, but we just concluded our

Jan 10, 2012, 3:59 PM [ in reply to Now I think we've seen it all... ]

best season in 21 years.

Go Tigers!

Man, that's Rich!-LSU/CU-So close*******

Jan 10, 2012, 2:49 PM

Jan 10, 2012, 3:27 PM

Thanks . Your post should be required reading.

CLEMSAM

your final 2 sentences could not be more stupid. my god if

Jan 10, 2012, 4:06 PM

dabo is already surpassing expectations then why in the world would we support someone with such mixed results? a bit better tha TB in a few ways, mch worse in others. on a whole, only a marginal improvement. but if that has already exceeded expectations clemson is truly doomed because our fans are more apathetic and delusional than even i feared.

my god, where do you folks come from?

Not sure if you tune into CU when you aren't pulling for

Jan 10, 2012, 4:10 PM

the gamecocks, but maybe this will help:

We just went to our first BCS game EVER. Just concluded our best season in 21 years.

Your team just won it's 5th bowl game ever.

Peck dirt!

And by the way, what were your expectations of Dabo? Have they been met, not met, or exceeded?

Re: your final 2 sentences could not be more stupid. my god if

Jan 11, 2012, 9:37 AM [ in reply to your final 2 sentences could not be more stupid. my god if ]

obviously not under the same rock you live under. When are you gonna realize almost no one cares what you think....

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Jan 10, 2012, 4:09 PM

Go Tigers!!!

Great Post!

Jan 11, 2012, 11:32 AM

Now I get it. lol

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Moronic comparison. Les miles has actually won before and

Jan 11, 2012, 12:11 PM

PROVED he belongs.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wed night he belonged.....

Jan 11, 2012, 12:52 PM

bent over in front of Saban!

You really think that?

Jan 11, 2012, 3:07 PM [ in reply to Moronic comparison. Les miles has actually won before and ]

I'd suggest a)watching more football or b) listen to more national media.

They are KILLING that guy right now. And rightfully so. LSU gets the talent to win 9 each year with no coaching. Yes Les won a MNC, but he makes some of the dumbest coaching decisions known to man. Granted, he gets luck on many of them....but go talk to an LSU diehard. They are far from in love with him.

Again my point is that some of our fans have gone nuts. That's all.

HeII...I could win with Nick's players too...***

Jan 11, 2012, 4:36 PM [ in reply to Moronic comparison. Les miles has actually won before and ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2012, 12:15 PM

Excellent post.This comparison makes me feel a lot better about the total collapse and humiliating beat down in the Orange Bowl.Thanks.I think it will also help our team play better in the future.

Dabo has exceeded my expectation of blow-out losses to USC

Jan 11, 2012, 12:36 PM

Every where else not really.

So you were expecting more than 10 wins this year

Jan 11, 2012, 3:08 PM

yes or no?

That's not the point. I was expecting less. But that isn't

Jan 11, 2012, 3:24 PM

why I am upset after this year. We are more inconsistant than any time in recent Clemson football history. Tommy Bowden got fired because he could not put a complete, good season together.

Dabo's teams are soundly less consistant thus far. Getting to the Orange Bowl is a bad thing if you set records for futility. Dabo needs to grow up and control his emotions like a leader and stop being such a sugar rush all the time. If he does that, I think the team's consistancy level will improve.

College players need a leader who is an emotional anchor. Nick Saban is the perfect example. He acts like a #### man.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed. Sorta.

Jan 11, 2012, 5:12 PM

I'd like to calm down the sugar rush part of Dabo as well. The OB was a bad game. We aren't nearly that bad, we just played like it in the OB. And I agree we need to be more consistant...on defense.

We WON more consistantly than any time in recent history by winning 64% of our games. We won 66% (9-3) in 2003 and didn't have a better winning percentage in any year until you go way back to 1989, which is also the last time we won 10 games.

I 100% agree that we have room for improvement. A lot of it. But to be upset considering our last 20 years or so is not something I agree with. Expectations have to be REALISTIC and our stock just closed as high as it's been in a loooooong time, even after the OB debacle.

Fair enough***

Jan 12, 2012, 2:00 PM

LSU has won multiple conference/national champs in 10 years

Jan 11, 2012, 12:36 PM

We've won 1 ACC Championship in 20 years. There is a big difference in program prestige between us and LSU. Not even close.

We got spanked by our rival for the third year in a row and spanked again in the Orange Bowl for the entire nation to see, all while giving up the most points in bowl history and begging for mercy from the other team.

I'm sorry, but that is unacceptable. ACC Championship only is worth so much when you constantly hear your rival crow about how much they own us and how weak our conference is.

Jan 11, 2012, 3:16 PM

And the Tiger Nation says a big "AMEN"!

Hey if you are happy with everything, good for you.

Jan 11, 2012, 3:17 PM

I'm not.

Great post***

Jan 11, 2012, 8:35 PM

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic