Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Crump, Suggested rule changes for the board.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

Crump, Suggested rule changes for the board.

Dec 19, 2010, 9:37 AM

This board was a great thing for Tiger fans out of state, like myself, before it was taken over by malcontents, critics, quitters, and coot fans disguised as Tigers. I try to just focus on newspaper articles and similar info on the front page but the pervasive negativism over on the snapshot of posts on the front page often captures my attention. Look back at the people who were regular posters when you began the board and how many have left out of disgust. I would love to see the board delete all such posts. If not, I suggest that posts that strongly criticize players, coaches, recruits, or their families should be subject to some kind of scrutiny before they are allowed to stay on the board. Those posters should have to provide in their background profile information such as the following: did they attend Clemson; did they graduate Clemson; are they an IPTAY member; do they contribute financially to Tigerboard; and other information that would allow some check on their credibility as legitimate Tiger fans whose opinions should matter. I would not object if they were required to provide their name and address. I know you can be a semi-fan and fail the above checks, but such fans don't deserve to be provided a forum for their venom. It is impossible to tell if these losers are ignorant or immature Tiger fans or if they are simply using this forum as a means to try to destroy Clemson football, undermine our players, coaches, and hurt recruiting. Crump, some of the above is impractical but please do something!! I realize you can't spend all your time monitoring the board. Could you allow 10 (or some number) of thumbs dowm votes to delete a post? I'm sure you won't have any trouble getting ten thumbs dowm votes on this post.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chinese leaders just gave you the thumbs up!***

Dec 19, 2010, 9:42 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So says the leach and I don't mean Mike that uses this

Dec 19, 2010, 11:17 AM

board for free while others pay the bill.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it sure would be nice to limit some folks to 10 posts a day

Dec 19, 2010, 9:50 AM

if you can't get the entirety of your daily agenda across in 10 posts, then you are not only wasting your own time, but everyone else's too - plus, you're probably not that bright to begin with.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why did you say "some" folks? You mean not you?***

Dec 19, 2010, 9:52 AM

I'd be first in line to sign up for that rule

Dec 19, 2010, 10:08 AM

if you have a limited number of posts, you tend to put more thought into them and not just throw out the repetitive, tedious tripe that the majority of this board has turned into the last month. I doubt there are 5 quality posts on here per day any more, just the same old stuff repackaged over and over. That why I stay on the Lounge most of the time now - at least over there folks have a sense of humor about things, instead of the constant slinging of venom you see here (accomplishing NOTHING constructive, if you haven't noticed).

I just come over here every once in awhile to note who has outed themselves as one of those people mama told me to never argue with because spectators can't tell the difference.

scooter, your proposal is a decent one, however, you are

Dec 19, 2010, 10:10 AM

discussing it with a low-IQ poser. Don't waste your words.

Re: Crump, Suggested rule changes for the board.

Dec 19, 2010, 10:00 AM

While I don't know what can be done, I do agree that something needs to be done. I am tired of reading all of the negativity as well.

You are exactly right ALAtiger. I would further suggest

Dec 19, 2010, 10:01 AM

making a separate board for folks with a sub-50% approval rating. That would keep basically everyone you alluded to off the main board.

Logging on to TIGERnet and having to sift through all the same nonsense everyday is beyond old.

It would move the guys, whose sole mission in life is to whine, gripe, and antagonize, out of harm's way.

They would be free to gripe, whine and antagonize (amongst themselves) all day long without effecting the content of the main board, which is supposed to be for "ALL Tigers, ALL the time". And since the mods seem gullible to low-IQ posers like "tigerfanjack", it would also help with that.

To the mods: You guys have been hearing this same basic request for a long time. I'm not sure why you haven't acknowledged it, but I will personally donate at the highest level TODAY if you make this reasonable change. I imagine there are several posters that would follow suit.

Thanks,
Stan

I would suggest getting rid of members who bash other member

Dec 19, 2010, 10:08 AM

s. Like calling them idiots, morons etc

Hi poser...

Dec 19, 2010, 10:09 AM

Do what has been requested and the second part takes care of itself.

You are the head rule breaker***

Dec 19, 2010, 10:11 AM

Thanks for the low-IQ demonstation, poser.***

Dec 19, 2010, 10:14 AM

There you go again-- rule breaker***

Dec 19, 2010, 10:20 AM

Calling you a low-IQ poser? What rule does that break?

Dec 19, 2010, 10:22 AM

I mean, it is true and all.

Personal attack. That is already one of Crumps major no no's***

Dec 19, 2010, 10:29 AM

I'm sorry you see reality as a personal attack. But

Dec 19, 2010, 10:31 AM

Water is wet. A spade is a spade. You're a low-IQ poser.

Simple facts. Sorry if reality hurts your feelings.

See, you are trying to bait me for a personal attack, and I

Dec 19, 2010, 10:43 AM

will not play.

So the coots and the dumpers vote down the pumpers so

Dec 19, 2010, 11:19 AM [ in reply to You are exactly right ALAtiger. I would further suggest ]

they can't get on the new board. Brilliant.

Its humorous to me to see all the people who.....

Dec 19, 2010, 10:16 AM

are threatening to do to Tigernet, the same things they are bashing some fans on here for threatening to do to the athletic dept. I have seen so many demands for change to this board and people threatening to quit donating or visiting Tigernet because of the people who want to do the same thing at Clemson.

Again, our commitment to Clemson and our commitment

Dec 19, 2010, 10:24 AM

to an internet message board have nothing to do with one another. It is absurd to me that people are actually writing this and think that they have a point. It's as if we have to be 100% supportive of everything that touches our lives or we have no right to be 100% supportive of Clemson.

null

Amen,***

Dec 19, 2010, 10:27 AM

Re: Again, our commitment to Clemson and our commitment

Dec 19, 2010, 12:33 PM [ in reply to Again, our commitment to Clemson and our commitment ]

I was not infering that anyone "had no right" to do anything. Just pointing out the simple irony. However your comment implies that you have no tolerance for the people who feel they have the right to withhold their support as a means of disagreeing with the way things are being done.

I've been here since 1998, changed handles in 2002 when

Dec 19, 2010, 10:22 AM

I got a new PC.

The posters who have left (happycat et al), have mostly left because of personal attacks against them, not positive/negative exchanges regarding the team(s). Shoot, the reason these boards were started in the first place was to share information and discuss what is right/wrong with your favorite team(s).

I like your idea about 10 thumbs down for a post to be removed. However, thumbing down a post because you disagree will mean this board will retain about 35% of its posts a day, as at least 10 folks will disagree with 65% of the posts.

"using this forum as a means to try ...

Dec 19, 2010, 10:30 AM

And destroy clemson football"; that's when you know all concept of reality has slipped away - g&b

Amen G&B. Sometimes folks get enchanted over the

Dec 19, 2010, 10:39 AM

fact their comments can be read across the country/world and because of that fact their post makes a difference.

A post is one two things, information through links or factual updates (scores, comitments, etc), or it is an opinion/comment. The former is the most important to most board members, the latter is just entertainment.

Ah, communism.***

Dec 19, 2010, 10:34 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

The problem is already solved. People just don't use it.

Dec 19, 2010, 11:02 AM

REPORT ABUSE BUTTON. It only takes 5 to get rid of a post.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ya Pumpers gang up and use that a lot. Thread that break no

Dec 19, 2010, 11:44 AM

rules. I have never used it

Opposing Viewpoint = Abuse? That is interesting to say . .

Dec 19, 2010, 1:40 PM [ in reply to The problem is already solved. People just don't use it. ]

the least. You do know that the Obama administration suffered a substantial loss in the mid term elections over a policy of that nature, don't you? Just curious as it appears the majority of Americans do not agree with the sometimes extremely vocal, yet equally small, minority of those that want to pass laws to keep from getting their feelings hurt. It is my impression that the majority believes the more appropriate solution is to grow up and get a life, but that's just the perception of those like me - g&b

I'm not talking about an opposing viewpoint.

Dec 19, 2010, 5:35 PM

I'm talking about people who constantly spam the same old simplistic garbage all day for another reason. I never Report Abuse unless someone is trying to get negative attention.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Big government solution. Oh brother !

Dec 19, 2010, 11:23 AM

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. If you don't agree or something is unfounded refute their claims. If their statements are outright untrue or malicious the mods will take care of them. Report abuse when you see it. Use the power you already have to help clean up the board.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just go away. This is not the only Clemson site on the web..***

Dec 19, 2010, 11:30 AM

they would just love you in north korea***

Dec 19, 2010, 12:01 PM

Is that you Dabo?***

Dec 19, 2010, 12:09 PM

The problem with a thumbs down deleting posts is that only

Dec 19, 2010, 12:46 PM

10 coots could delete a GOOD post about Clemson or on INFORMATIVE post about Gamecock cheating.

What a thin-skinned #####

Dec 19, 2010, 1:02 PM

Please leave.

Re: Crump, Suggested rule changes for the board.

Dec 19, 2010, 2:28 PM

With the amount of ads on this site, you don't have to give them money directly to be contributing.

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic