Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
You clowns are like a bunch of kids that don't get their way
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 63
| visibility 1

You clowns are like a bunch of kids that don't get their way

Nov 2, 2010, 1:09 PM

You ridicule and insult our coaching staff, administration, players and those who have the gall to actually show some patience after losing the biggest part of our offense and suffering from the very light 08 recruiting class.

You spew your venom as if you have no thought to the consequences like kids screaming "I hate you" at their parents when things don't go their way.

Give it a rest.

Not a single one of you would have any idea what it takes to be a university president, athletic director or coach, including assistant coaches. Even if one or two of you have been in that position before, the particular set of circumstances at Clemson are those of which you or I have very little knowledge.

You don't know what goes on in our admin offices every day, in the coaches offices, tape and meeting rooms, locker rooms, or practice fields and therefore are uniquely UNQUALIFIED to continue vomiting your crap about how the BOT should do this, TDP should do that, and you certainly have no qualifications to tell Dabo and the asst coaches who should play and when.

The fact that we're 4-4 now is obviously affecting all of us however, many of you are acting like spoiled rotten little brats

And you really have very little reason to be spoiled.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nicely said***

Nov 2, 2010, 1:10 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Is it too much to ask to compete for your Conference Title?

Nov 2, 2010, 1:15 PM

I mean once every 3 years ????

They ask us to pay for the product - so it fair to expect a ROI

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We actually competed last year for the Championship***

Nov 2, 2010, 4:07 PM

Well you tell me how long does it take ? Been 12 years***

Nov 2, 2010, 1:14 PM

Actually, it's been 19, but only two of those are Dabo's and

Nov 2, 2010, 1:29 PM

in one of them, he won the division.

Technically it won't be 2 until after this year.***

Nov 3, 2010, 12:39 AM

We're just tired of the ########

is that not fair?

so resorting to insults is the way to do things?

Nov 2, 2010, 1:17 PM

really?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't you just call people clowns?***

Nov 2, 2010, 1:18 PM

And spoiled brats, spewing venom, vomiting crap....

Nov 2, 2010, 1:20 PM

It was pretty funny. I've called a few people stupid, but I wasn't clever enough to come up with all that other stuff.

its okay if you insult for the purpose of defending coaches

Dec 1, 2010, 1:32 PM [ in reply to Didn't you just call people clowns?*** ]

only sunchine posts are valid insult launchers

Another relative***

Don't you get it?

Nov 2, 2010, 1:19 PM

You raise your children for 18 years teaching them to do everything the right way but when they grow up and go do things the way they want rather than what they've been taught it's all your fault. Yeah that's right! If the do drugs, get a DUI, end up pregnant, drop a ball you threw to them, or struck out in the little league game it's all your fault because you evidently didn't know what you were doing and you should have taught them better. Why can we all just figure it out!

Never quite get that line of thought. Most of us also have

Nov 2, 2010, 1:20 PM

no idea what it would take to be a President, Senator, or Representative, yet here we are voting today.

There may be some good reasons to take a wait and see attitude, but merely deferring to someone because they're in a position that you aren't isn't one of them.

Re: Never quite get that line of thought. Most of us also have

Nov 2, 2010, 1:24 PM

Obed, my point is far beyond just voting

It's in regards to the way our supposed fans are voicing their opinions.

I'll be the first one to say I've seen things the staff has done to screw up however, I will never resort to the insults and ridicule I've seen on here to make my voice my feelings. I'll take the more respectful approach.

"Supposed fans"? So now anyone who doesn't agree with

Nov 2, 2010, 1:27 PM

you isn't a "fan"?

You continue to amaze me.

I will never resort to the insults and ridicule I've seen on here

This from the guy who just called the dissenters "clowns." But no, you'll definitely never stoop to insults.

It's comical at this point.

The insults hit a nerve don't they

Nov 2, 2010, 1:33 PM

thanks for getting my point

Dabo hasn't done anything whatsoever to deserve being insulted like many on here have done.

Constructive criticism is one thing. The vitriol for him on here is beyond comprehension.

Oh I see!! Your insults were only to make a point..

Nov 2, 2010, 1:36 PM

and therefore are somehow respectful. Dude, are you some kinda Zen master or something? This is GREAT stuff.

Shame on everyone else for using REAL insults. Amazing stuff here folks.

and if you can actually see through your lack of

Nov 2, 2010, 1:39 PM

wanting to understand this, it did exactly what I thought it would. Got those I was aiming at riled up.

Now wonder why insults and slaps to Dabo's character made him say what he did this morning?

Yes! Another teaching moment. Keep 'em coming.***

Nov 2, 2010, 1:40 PM

I'm glad your goal was to rile people up. I'm sure

Nov 2, 2010, 5:24 PM [ in reply to and if you can actually see through your lack of ]

that makes for a productive day.

You hit web's nerve this time. lol***

Nov 2, 2010, 1:53 PM [ in reply to Oh I see!! Your insults were only to make a point.. ]

Honestly, I haven't seen a lof insults. I've seen a lot of

Nov 2, 2010, 6:20 PM [ in reply to The insults hit a nerve don't they ]

facts. But not insults.

It is a fact that we promoted a WR coach to head coach. It is a fact that he had no experience as a head coach or even as a coordinator. It is a fact that he has shown poor clock management and poor use of timeouts. There are many other facts that show he has not done a good job coaching this team.

I'm just wondering if you realize that you're just as

Nov 2, 2010, 1:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Never quite get that line of thought. Most of us also have ]

outspoken and vehement in your defense of this administration as your "foes" are in their detraction.

It's VERY much like modern politics.

Excellent observation.***

Nov 2, 2010, 1:29 PM

I love how no one is allowed an opinion other than yours.

Nov 2, 2010, 1:24 PM

You've spent the last few weeks crying about everyone else's behavior.

Maybe it's time to look in the mirror and realize that your condescension is incredibly offputting.

Get over yourself. You have your opinion. Others have their own. Shocker - not everyone agrees.

Of course, you have a right to your opinion. But it's getting awfully annoying watching you try to tell people how they should feel.

And try doing it without lobbing insults around. Or are you able to do so?

Message was edited by: tomerafan®

Re: I love how no one is allowed an opinion other than yours.

Nov 2, 2010, 1:41 PM

obviously trying to tell you how to feel and pointing out how ridiculous the way many are voicing those feelings are two different things.

You do get that distinction right?

So you're content with medicority....

Nov 2, 2010, 1:51 PM

and losing to inferior opponents?

Do you think it is unrealistic to expect to beat teams like UNC and BC?

Are you OK with lectures and excuses as opposed to
results?

I don't know about you but I put up with this same BS under Hatfield, West and Bowden and IAM NOT DOING IT ANYMORE. We, as fans and alums, deserve better and Clemson deserves better.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: So you're content with medicority....

Nov 2, 2010, 1:58 PM

You know as well as I that I am not content with mediocrity or losing.

Insults and a complete lack of respect however are also undeserved.

Do you insult your kids or other family members when they do wrong or express your displeasure respectfully?

Do you resort to calling your co-workers names if they do something to your dislike or handle it differently?

That's my point. No chance whatsoever do I settle for losing.

I haven't insulted anyone....

Nov 2, 2010, 2:10 PM

and I haven't referred to anyone in a deragatory manner. What I have done is point out that both Dabo and Napier and in over their respective heads which is exactly what we should have expected when the decision was made to hire a coach and an offensive coordinator without absolutely ZERO experience. The bigger problem is that the Clemson administration does not care. All the administration expects is for the coaches to do just enough to keep the fans quiet and the donations coming in. To me, that is absolutely unacceptable.

I don't know about you by I am SICK AND TIRED OF IT. My grandfather was 1924 graduate of Clemson A&M College and a charter member of IPTAY. Someone in my family (including me) has been involved with IPTAY since its inception. I have two degrees from Clemson and helped win two national championships for Clemson so you will understand if I feel like I have every right to respectfully criticize the Clemson coaches and administration when they have put the athletic programs of by beloved university on the excress straight to he!!.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I haven't insulted anyone....

Nov 2, 2010, 2:32 PM

My post was directed at those throwing those insults around and if you're not one of them, then it wasn't directed to you.

Preach it brother. Twenty years of the same BS is too

Nov 2, 2010, 2:33 PM [ in reply to I haven't insulted anyone.... ]

much to take, especially when most of us with a brain saw this trainwreck coming in 2008.

It's personal, only because of our love for Clemson, not because of ill will toward any coach or AD.

All we ask is for the administration to give us a real commitment to be great by hiring an experienced winner as a head coach. The money argument is short sighted, we could afford it. Shoot, we almost can't afford to not do it.

How much money has Tressell, Meyer, and Saban brought to their programs? Two of those three were hired as proven winners as a HC from a non BCS school.

They are out there, if only we would make the move.

My main argument from 2008 is still valid. Our last three HC hires had a combined experience of 3.5 years as HC when hired at Clemson. The mediocre results should not be a surprise to anyone.

What TDP and Barker need to realize....

Nov 2, 2010, 2:37 PM

is that the school faces a potential significant downturn in two revenue streams (ticket sales and donations) if apathy toward the football program grows. So even if Clemson saves some money by keeping Dabo another year (or longer), it may end up losing much more in revenue.

Absolutely, just as the excitment of a consistent winner

Nov 2, 2010, 2:58 PM

translates to more giving, more ticket sales, and as history proves, more applications for admission which also translates to better students.

Re: What TDP and Barker need to realize....

Nov 2, 2010, 6:48 PM [ in reply to What TDP and Barker need to realize.... ]

That's what helped can Hatfield. People quit coming. Could get a Coke in 1 minute. No lines, no people. The ONLY way will be to hit them in the wallet. The ONLY way...

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Irresponsible rant

Nov 2, 2010, 1:59 PM

Full of misinformation. There's hundreds out here who do know about various positions, situations, and can make judgments. What do you know about all these people?

I'm curious, you aren't a republican by chance, are you?***

Nov 2, 2010, 2:21 PM

who the heck do you think you are, telling us what we should

Nov 2, 2010, 2:43 PM

think about clemson football? everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. would i make a good president or head coach? probably not. but what's that got to do with recognizing that the product that is ending up on the field is inferior? bad football is bad football. and we're playing bad football.

if you drive a car that sucks, are you prohibited from complaining about that car because you never built your own car?? you're entitled to your opinion, but it's a load of woo-hoo IMO.

FAT TAX NOW!

Re: who the heck do you think you are, telling us what we should

Nov 2, 2010, 2:51 PM

once again, I'll explain my post

It's not about what you think regarding Clemson football. It's about those using insults and ridicule at the staff, admin and players when voicing their thoughts.

hth

you did say that. but then you went on to imply that only

Nov 2, 2010, 3:02 PM

football coaches are qualified to complain about our football team. this team is regressing under the guidance of dabo and most people here are tired of the fact that we have wallowed in mediocrity for the past 20 years. we're tired of that. we're tired of feeling like winning is not important to the admninistration. as one of the most enthusiastic fan bases in the country, don't we deserve better than that?

FAT TAX NOW!

Re: You clowns are like a bunch of kids that don't get their way

Nov 2, 2010, 3:08 PM

You should never criticize the President of the United States, speaker of the house, the guy that picks up your trash, the plumber that fixes your toilet, the waitress that serves you, etc. becasue you do not know their job. We should not compare Unitas to Manning or Obama to Bush since how would we know which one is good since we do not know their job. How could Lincoln determine that Grant was the general to lead him to victory since he did not know a general's job. I guess we do know that under the AD's watch ACC championships have been few and far between for all sports but no one can question him since how would we know his job.

Sorry for caring***

Nov 2, 2010, 3:31 PM

I think you wil find that my posts

Nov 2, 2010, 3:50 PM

do not insult Dabo or anyone else. I don't blame Dabo at all for taking that job...I would have too. I blame TDP and the administration, as well as all the "ALL INN" crowd chanting Dabo's name for giving him the job. I said it too years ago that Dabo has nothing on his resume to say he would by sucsesful as a HC, and I also stated I would love to be proven wrong. After two years, i am still waiting to be proven wrong. We should have went after a proven coach (Not Saben or Leach, but someone with more expoeriance than WR coach) People often ask me who would I went after, and I happily listed about 40 names of the top of my head. Even a good proven DC or OC may have been a good choice. But I never insulted Dabo, its really not his fault. And yes he is over his head in this.

Nov 2, 2010, 3:49 PM

> You ridicule and insult our coaching staff,
> administration, players and those who have the gall
> to actually show some patience after losing the
> biggest part of our offense and suffering from the
> very light 08 recruiting class.
>
> You spew your venom as if you have no thought to the
> consequences like kids screaming "I hate you" at
> their parents when things don't go their way.
>
> Give it a rest.
>
> Not a single one of you would have any idea what it
> takes to be a university president, athletic director
> or coach, including assistant coaches. Even if one or
> two of you have been in that position before, the
> particular set of circumstances at Clemson are those
> of which you or I have very little knowledge.
>
> You don't know what goes on in our admin offices
> every day, in the coaches offices, tape and meeting
> rooms, locker rooms, or practice fields and therefore
> are uniquely UNQUALIFIED to continue vomiting your
> crap about how the BOT should do this, TDP should do
> that, and you certainly have no qualifications to
> tell Dabo and the asst coaches who should play and
> when.
>
> The fact that we're 4-4 now is obviously affecting
> all of us however, many of you are acting like
> spoiled rotten little brats
>
> And you really have very little reason to be spoiled.

This isn't nuclear physics. People know failure when they see it. Much like your post.

Lucky

Nov 2, 2010, 4:13 PM

I am a new football fan. Visited this forum for months before I posted the first time. Heck I have visited lots of forums because no mater what you learn about nickel packages, techniques and the veer vs. the pistol or option offense it makes no difference if you do not have a team to cheer for. I am not an alum but after one game in Death Valley I knew I had found my team. The best place to watch football on the planet. So called fans can say what they want and maybe I don't have a right to point this out but win or loose there is nothing better in this world than a Saturday when Clemson is playing. For a few hours anything is possible. I envy your passion for this team but not your ridicule. I think the Tigers are going to be just fine, growing pains maybe but as in life all great things are worth the wait.

What a joke

Nov 2, 2010, 4:15 PM

Move on sunshine pumper. I'm tired of this crap we've had to watch for 20 years. We need someone with experience who has a clue.

Nov 2, 2010, 5:30 PM

I agree.

And yo momma is like a box of chocolates, you never know

Nov 2, 2010, 6:51 PM

what std you'll get next.

Nov 2, 2010, 6:59 PM

I have been Managing Director of a company. All of these people are judged based solely on performance...period. That's how someone in my position is evaluated. If you worked for me and you and all of your fellow employees lost your jobs because the company closed because I allowed you and your co-workers to be grossly incompetent and did nothing about it...Who would you blame?...yourself?...didn't think so. You'blame me.

Now, from that perspective, begin to understand how blame is levied all the way to the top. The higher you go up the ladder, the more pressure so be careful what you wish for.

Dabo only needs to know one thing...Just win, baby (within the rules, of course).

Yaaaaawn****

Nov 2, 2010, 7:10 PM

Can you get an Amen?...yes you can!***

Nov 2, 2010, 7:38 PM

You, sir, are an epic ######.***

Nov 2, 2010, 7:50 PM

We're mad because some of us knew this was coming yrs ago***

Nov 2, 2010, 8:37 PM

Mike Leach never played a down of FB in his life, but he

Nov 22, 2021, 7:59 AM

would make CU a powerhouse and coach circles around TB & Dabo. Actually, he already embarrassed CU while TB was HC.

Really, while you reside in KY, you obviously have no clue

Nov 2, 2010, 8:45 PM

of the good ole boy system in SC nor have you been kept abreast of the shenanigans Barker and the BOTs of Clemson have been engaged.

80M slush fund
Lying/Cheating on reviews of other Colleges and Universities
Increasing enrollment out-of-state students
Increasing SAT scores for in-state-students
Increasing tuition overall because the of SC Lottery

This list goes on.

I'm embarrassed to be a Clemson Alum!!

LOL - your post is comical and pathetic***

Nov 2, 2010, 10:08 PM

just as unqualified as a WR coach with NO EXPERIENCE?***

Nov 2, 2010, 10:26 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're Right! I Don't Have A ClueWhat It's Like.......

Nov 3, 2010, 7:04 AM

Making 2 MILLON Dollars a Year.

agree you should not tell them how to do their job, but you

Nov 3, 2010, 7:43 AM

should be able to judge their results..

as for yelling at players, etc that is for necks at all schools that are losing.

lighten up Francis...

Nov 3, 2010, 7:48 AM

I agree with you that the complaining is

Nov 3, 2010, 10:00 AM

overwraught. But to say that "not a single one of you" would have any idea what it takes to be univ president, AD coach, etc. Well, that's just the last refuge of sunsbustantiated disagreement - a blanket assertion to hoards of posters you don't know that NONE of them has ANY idea what they're talking about. You might be surprised.

I agree, the criticism reaches a fever pitch way too fast and is way to heated. Dabo has not been here 10 years and while the current state of things is unacceptable, I think more time is in order. But let's not summarily dismiss the criticism's substance based simply on the overexuberance of some. There is some merit to it. And making blanket assertions that NO ONE doing the criticizing has the slightest idea what they're talking about, is ridiculous.

typo "unsubstantiated," not sunsubstantiated*********

Nov 3, 2010, 10:01 AM

l

Nov 3, 2010, 3:27 PM

If I could give you 10,000 thumbs up....I would!

Replies: 63
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic