Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Here is my video review of the Miami game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Here is my video review of the Miami game

Oct 7, 2010, 9:16 PM

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqLWUvS9_Ms

PS - make sure to watch in 720p for best quality

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is great. Most everything you pointed out in the first

Oct 7, 2010, 10:18 PM

half is what i was screaming in the stands. It is also why i had to watch the rest from the tailgate. Given the experience of our coach, dont think it is not so elementary to send this them.:)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well I would never claim to have as much knowledge as the

Oct 7, 2010, 10:23 PM

coaches, these are just my observations as a fan

I'm sure they are picking this up on film, and they probably have much better angles (an end-zone view would show a lot of this much better, for example)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is great. Most everything you pointed out in the first

Oct 8, 2010, 11:07 PM [ in reply to This is great. Most everything you pointed out in the first ]

Great job my friend.Maybe they should hire you..

Very nice. I've always thought BN was doing a great job

Oct 7, 2010, 10:42 PM

calling plays, but the way you broke that down, it's hard to argue with it. Keep it up.Hopefully next week you'll be showing what we did right in a big win.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Amen to that

Oct 7, 2010, 11:37 PM

I thought the BN hire was a mistake simply because you had an inexperienced HC hiring an inexperienced OC and that is just not good.

However, I'm not saying "Fire" anyone. I'm just giving my opinion on the game. If BN continues calling plays like he did with Miami, then at the end of the year Dabo is going to be between a rock and a hard place.

Re: Here is my video review of the Miami game

Oct 7, 2010, 11:15 PM

Great video I agree with almost everything. I will say the second TD by Miami was McDaniels coverage over the top. You can't drift in like that. He steps forward and gets caught flat footed.

The thrid TD by Miami is partly on Maye and part on Gilcrest. It is Maye's responsibility to follow the guy through the backfield and make sure you are infront of him when he comes out wide. Although if you watch Gilcrest he starts to drift across because no one comes to his side. As soon as he leaves his zone he gets beat down the sideline. If he stays put that is a pick going the other direction.

null

Interesting.

Oct 7, 2010, 11:32 PM

I don't really know the assignments based on our alignment but your post makes sense. If McD is up close to the line then Gilchrist probably was supposed to stay on that deep half

Oct 7, 2010, 11:27 PM

wow, thanks uttles. how you dont have a division 1 head coaching job is beyond me.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol, some people never change***

Oct 7, 2010, 11:31 PM

Re: lol, some people never change***

Oct 7, 2010, 11:37 PM

no man really, we can only hope that all of our offensive coaches are watching your videos. such knowledge should just not be wasted.

Oct 7, 2010, 11:42 PM

Uh oh.....looks like we got a hypocritical dbag on our hands.

Not 5 minutes after busting my chops about "inside" dons video you come over here and ##### about toms video

So i guess now is where i tell you

1. Geeezzzz man the video is free
2. Lawdddd you ##### about everything
3. Your a complete idiot. (my personal favorite)

Oct 7, 2010, 11:46 PM

why is even inside don in business when we have the vast knowledge of uttles right at our fingertips.

Oct 7, 2010, 11:51 PM

You want the short answer:

1. The CUAD needed another pumper

but glad i got you figured out. Your the tried and true justified holy roller of bitching. Congrats.

Oct 7, 2010, 11:52 PM

now i have heard it all. lmao

Oct 7, 2010, 11:57 PM [ in reply to Re: lol, some people never change*** ]

trust me, uttles does a fine job with his videos. but only one thing, i know his credentials. if you dont mind i will stick with dabo and billy calling the plays as they see fit. they get paid a lot to do it. maybe it is just me but they may know just a tad more football than uttles. but hey like i said, great videos.

At least break it down on it's merit. I didn't see anything

Oct 9, 2010, 8:44 AM

wrong with the analysis. It's an opinion, after all, but at least he has made an effort at backing it up with impirical evidence.

If you have no substantive criticism of it, it's silly to bash it.

Oct 8, 2010, 7:54 AM

Great stuff from a computer geek! :)
Seriously you are dead on with the analysis. Please email this file to Dabo, Steele and Napier.

Thanks!!

lol, thanks!***

Oct 8, 2010, 10:40 PM

Nice job!

Oct 8, 2010, 11:10 PM

One of the better if not the best highlight/video reviews I've seen in awhile. Look forward to more.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2010, 12:40 AM

Thank you very much for this Tom.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great work. Thanks.***

Oct 9, 2010, 8:40 AM

So, when plays work it's a good call but when they don't

Oct 9, 2010, 9:30 AM

it's a bad call.

How many times did we run wide all day? 4 or 5? No problem there.

I like trying to get in FG range before the half. Parker missed a wide-open receiver on the intercept. We had all of our TOs. Hit that pass and one more and we're in FG range.

You have to run wide some to keep 'em honest for the straight hitter up the middle.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you have the whole "cause and effect" thing

Oct 9, 2010, 12:03 PM

backwards. Good calls work. Bad calls don't. (95% of the time).

I haven't gone back and counted, but we ran wide at least 15 times during the game, from what I remember while watching from the West Endzone.

Running wide is not how you loosen up a speed defense. We all learned this back in the 90's watching Florida State's defense. The way to beat a speed defense is to run straight at them, keep it between the tackles, run some counters to take advantage of pursuit, utilize quick hitting passes like slants, outs, etc. Then maybe throw a RB screen in once in a while.

The way to get beat is to sit back in the pocket too long on pass plays, or to move the ball laterally instead of vertically, like on reverses, sweeps, WR screens, etc.

The evidence for this abounds.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic