Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The reason's why I think this will be a good year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

The reason's why I think this will be a good year

Aug 21, 2010, 5:18 PM

Lot's of questions out there about our season. I can respect someone who thinks we will not do good based on his beliefs of facts (as long as he is a Tiger fan and not a Coot) but I will not agree with these folks about what I think the outcome will be. We will agree to disagree.

I think we will have a super season. All of this is based on the team concept. That concept is that no one individual makes a season. Only, a team working together can produce a 9, 10, or 10+ win season. Why will we have an exciting season?

1) A 2nd year for a coaching staff is usually much better than 1st. The new staff hires have had time to get up to speed and there has been time to implement systems, plays, and philosophy.

2) The new use of more and more reps for both O and D will make us more physical and give us more of an edge this season. We are doing even more reps than we did last year.

3) Dabo. Dabo has a message about hard work, unity, and staying positive. This message is a guiding priciple of who and what our team is about. Work as hard as you can toward a goal. Stay united as a team to accomplish the goal. And stay poitive and hopeful about turning things around even when negative things occur during a play, a drive, a quarter, a game, or a season.

4) Experience. Members of this team have been to the championship game. They have seen the top of the mountain. They know how that feels. They want to get back. They want to be the ones on the top of the mountain this time. I believe there is more motivation to be found in this team than in any team since the DF era.

5) Good players. Clemson has recruited good players and our players, working together as a team, can get done.

6) I think being under the radar helps us. FSU and Miami are the media darlings. We just have to be a blue-collar, work out tails off type of team and win, win, win in tough fought physical fashion. We don't have to be a scoring machine. We just have to get the W. Media attention will come soon enough if we beat AU and Miami.

7) Death Vally and our fans who travel to away games: We welcome Miami, GT, NC State, Maryland, and USuC. We can make a difference in these games. We also travel to Wake Forest, UNC, BC, Auburn, and FSU. Our fans, even on the road are loud, vocal, and positive. That can help to inspire our team and sure make for an exciting setting.

I am not saying we will go undefeated but I do think we will win a lot of games this fall, more that we have in a decade plus. It will be exciting and it will be a turn in the right direction for our program that we have not seen in many a year. I am ALL IN and excited!

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo should spend some time here

Aug 21, 2010, 6:19 PM

He could find out what he needs to do instead of learning by trial and error what is most effective. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The reason's why I think this will be a good year

Aug 21, 2010, 6:20 PM

First off;I'm not a coot,but I could make the argument that this might not be as good year as you think.So let's agree to disagree ,and I will play Devil's advocate.Will we have a Super season?The pundits say 7-5,maybe 8-4 which will not win more games then we have had in a decade.
So why is this.For one ,many of the teams have coaching staff's that have been together as long,if not longer than Clemson.More reps ,maybe ,but the other teams are doing as many reps as well.Dado, you say he has a message.Well, so do the other 11 head coaches.
Experience.Well,we lost a lot of experience that is going to be hard to replace.And lets not fail to mention that other schools also have good players.
Now,as far as flying under the radar,that means nothing,especially with road trips to B.C.FSU,and Wake,all teams which we beat handily last season at Death Valley,but teams I suspect have our games circled on their calenders.Also,our fans can be vocal,but no way can we match the intensity of home crowds at Auburn ,or FSU.
No,we won't go undefeated,and we could win more games than previous years,but only if Dabo has this team prepared weekly, focused on the game at hand,and not looking ahead as some TigerNeters have a tendacy to do.
I'm excited,and ALL IN,but I am cautiously optomistic as I am every year and will remain so until Clemson shows me otherwise.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2010, 7:02 PM

Point well taken. Understand this, they don't need to prove nothing to you to convince you they are not our past. They only have to prove to their future that is right ahead of them. They are going to play for Clemson , their selves, and the fans who believe in them. I'm sure they don't care about the ones that say Show Me First.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you make very sound points. I would like to make another...

Aug 21, 2010, 8:09 PM [ in reply to Re: The reason's why I think this will be a good year ]

say what you will....

But Vegas has us going 7-5. They are hardly ever wrong. And if they are, it's usually by ONE game either way.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

THE TIGERS ARE IN MY HEART..... BUT THE DUCKS ARE IN MY PANTS....

Re: you make very sound points. I would like to make another...

Aug 21, 2010, 8:14 PM

Everyone is negating Clemson's returning lines. Both sides of the ball will have a lot of experience. The only way Clemson does 7-5 like people are predicting is if Parker continues to throw balls into double and triple coverage.

Does that include Parker as our starting QB, or is that

Aug 21, 2010, 8:57 PM [ in reply to you make very sound points. I would like to make another... ]

based on the assumption that he would be playing baseball and we would have an inexperienced redshirt freshman quarterback (not that it hurt us last year)?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Includes Parker***

Aug 21, 2010, 9:49 PM

Then I think they are being too hard on us. No reason why

Aug 21, 2010, 10:41 PM

we shouldn't win 8-10 games this year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

it's not about being "too hard" on us... they research the

Aug 21, 2010, 11:05 PM

bejesus out of that stuff and are usually right. but like I said, if they are wrong, they are wrong by one game either way. so, if they are wrong, that would put us at 8 wins

Aug 21, 2010, 8:12 PM

I agree with you. I have felt the same thing. Clemson has a lot of raw talent and a strong returning line. I think we can win the ACC this year. The only games I'm really worried about are Auburn and at FSU, but if FSU keeps losing players, that may be a non-factor.

Aug 21, 2010, 9:05 PM

I truly believe in Dabo and his very,very good coaching staff. Clemson has players who are as good or better than most. They need to win early and become a confident ball club. I think that the coaches will have them convinced by seasons beginning that they are capable of beating anyone on the schedule. It's about attitude now. I think that our coaches can instill that winning attitude and we will be a successful team on 2010. I like what I have seen thus far.Support this team with all that you have.

The biggest reason for me is that

Aug 21, 2010, 9:08 PM

i don't think we will do all that well.

when i get my hopes up we tend to be quite mediocre

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic