Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
if we go 7-5 this year, it may prove to be another
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

if we go 7-5 this year, it may prove to be another

Jul 18, 2010, 9:42 AM

dumb a$$ hire by TDP.

no way in hades should Dabo be happy with or allowed to go 7-5 in a crappy conference like the ACC.

if Dabo is half of what people claim, we better not lose 5 games. else he better expect a very hot seat.

heck, Bowden could win 7 games out of 12.

i dont care WHO we lost !!! Spiller. Parker. Brett Favre, or friggin Goliath.
no excuses. win or go home. anything else is not acceptable.

3 losses MAX or Dabo is just another Bowden offshoot.

period.

flame away youngsters...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

did you wake up drunk?

Jul 18, 2010, 10:08 AM

if we go 7-5 this year with a new QB it will be an OK year. next year 7-5 might require a movement at the top but not this year

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^ current student ^^

Jul 18, 2010, 10:43 AM

check

and happy with mediocrity....***

Jul 18, 2010, 10:51 AM

That's not at all what he said

Jul 18, 2010, 11:03 AM

I'm not saying it applies in this case, but there is such thing as a down year wherein you don't fire the coach and call the AD names for hiring him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hot seat <> fire Dabo

Jul 18, 2010, 11:11 AM

as for calling TDP names, he is a big boy in a high profile role. he can take some heat too.
he gets PAID to lead the Athletic program.

i think it was his boss that talked about National Championships or something like that??

TDP doesnt have to worry about what i write on a sports board, but he does need to worry about what his boss says are his goals....

I'm sure he doesn't care what you call him

Jul 18, 2010, 11:14 AM

And I guess I was wrong in thinking that your branding Dabo as a "dumb ### hire" was on equal footing with wanting him no longer at Clemson

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: hot seat <> fire Dabo

Jul 18, 2010, 2:35 PM [ in reply to hot seat <> fire Dabo ]

totally agree tdp is one pitiful AD his job is to win ACC titles and he sucks at it. he should be shown the door today.

clemson is not serious about winning acc titles with a dud like tdp as AD.

^^ mentally disturbed ^^***

Jul 18, 2010, 11:51 AM [ in reply to ^^ current student ^^ ]

I wish I were a current student.***

Jul 18, 2010, 12:01 PM [ in reply to ^^ current student ^^ ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

You can never go back. You are now an "old person"!***

Jul 18, 2010, 12:45 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Re: if we go 7-5 this year, it may prove to be another

Jul 18, 2010, 10:09 AM

Go back to sleep or start drinking again.

It's people like you who make our fan base look like SCar's

Jul 18, 2010, 10:19 AM

We have a three game stretch where we play:
- @Auburn: An SEC team is tough to beat at home. I'm not saying it's impossible, but there's no way we're favored in this game. And if we have a rookie redshirt freshman making his third start, and first against a real team, on the road? Not so much in Clemson's favor, gramps
- Miami: A consensus top 20 team coming to our house. Did you forget that it took a cool & composed Parker (who had pressure experience in college baseball Boyd doesn't have) until overtime to fire off a rocket of a pass to come from behind? Now take that game and subtract all of the key components that got us that win. What are you left with?
- @UNC: Again, not that it's impossible to win in Chapel Hill, but who on our offense do you really expect will exploit a defense many are touting as the best in football? Our defense should hold them in check, so this is the easiest of the three to win in my opinion, but again, we won't be favored.

There are three games, in a row, we could realistically lose. Top that off with going to FSU & Boston College, where we've had trouble winning in the past on a consistent basis. Oh yeah, and add South Carolina in there too. In case you forgot, they completely dismantled us last year.

Maybe you should try using some facts and analytical skills before popping off at the mouth at how completely unacceptable 7-5 is. If Dabo loses 5, there are at least three things that'll be true at the end of the season...
- I'll still be a Clemson alum & fan
- Dabo will still be Clemson's coach in 2011
- TigerNet will still have ignorant posters such as yourself who have a hard time blending logical, analytical responses in with your passion for Clemson sports

Careful...realism is often frowned upon on this board.***

Jul 18, 2010, 10:52 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does "realism" mean lowered expectations?

Jul 18, 2010, 2:11 PM

It is still part of that half full or half empty perspective. Some folks interpret that losing so many players last year and our schedule are the determining factors. Other see as positives our coaching, attitude, and experience in having been to the ACCCG the year before. So, it all really just opinions when we get down to it. GO TIGERS!!!!!!

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re Ahhh is'nt Auburn bringing in a new QB starter also ??***

Jul 18, 2010, 11:26 AM [ in reply to It's people like you who make our fan base look like SCar's ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Re Ahhh is'nt Auburn bringing in a new QB starter also ??***

Jul 18, 2010, 2:20 PM

Yes--

Cam Newton, 6'6" 245#, Backed up Tebow @ UF, Then won JUCO NC @ Blinn JC --Not exactly inexperienced...

SCAR would never fire a coach who wins 7 games***

Jul 18, 2010, 12:50 PM [ in reply to It's people like you who make our fan base look like SCar's ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Or one who goes 0-11!***

Jul 18, 2010, 2:17 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

maybe he is just tired of mediocrity

Jul 18, 2010, 2:38 PM [ in reply to It's people like you who make our fan base look like SCar's ]

if we had hired Nick Saban as head coach would he lose 5 games this year?

in case you are mentally challenged (sounds like duh) the answer is no.

going cheap and hiring an inexperienced coach does NOT give you a built in excuse as the AD - rather it MAGNIFIES the LOSSES.

thanks for sharing kid***

Jul 18, 2010, 10:49 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

you're welcome Arnold.***

Jul 18, 2010, 10:52 AM

i demand you not call me Arnold.***

Jul 18, 2010, 10:55 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

change your profile pic. too funny.***

Jul 18, 2010, 10:59 AM

i wnat you to address me under my banned FGF username

Jul 18, 2010, 11:01 AM

"whatyoutalkingboutwillis"

Re: change your profile pic. too funny.***

Jul 18, 2010, 11:24 AM [ in reply to change your profile pic. too funny.*** ]

rC, may we just call you Jack, ###? Try braying for more intelligence.

Re: change your profile pic. too funny.***

Jul 18, 2010, 11:29 AM

you can call me whatever you'd like.

it's the internet, it will not change my world.

maybe you can bray for a spell checker. :)

Why not start off positive next time with a question than

Jul 18, 2010, 10:54 AM

negative? If we go 10-4 this year . . .? You know half full or half empty?

that was in response to the posts from earlier.

Jul 18, 2010, 10:58 AM

i was commenting on the people who seem happy with 7-5.

i want 10-2.

i agree tho, my attitude is "half empty" regarding people that are happy with 7-5.

What a miserable life you must lead.

Jul 18, 2010, 12:03 PM

I hope I'm nothing like you when I'm old.

There's something in these hills.

because i want 10-2 i lead a miserable life ??

Jul 18, 2010, 12:21 PM

that is rich.

dont worry you will be nothing like me when you are my age.
you'll be mired in mediocrity and still be drinking kool-aid.

but hey, at least your kid will get a "very good participant" trophy in soccer while you coach.

lol.

Yep....miserable

Jul 18, 2010, 12:39 PM

Get with the program and want for undefeated!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

if i had 100 logins

Jul 18, 2010, 12:52 PM

i'd give this 100 points.

well played sir.

I won't flame, but I strongly disagree with that mentality.

Jul 18, 2010, 12:18 PM

Some people need to get their expectations in line with reality.

We may have a great year this year, but if we do, it's because players who have never produced before produce. Nobody knows if they will or not, and have no reason (objectively) to think they will. Personally, I think Boyd has tremendous talent and should be a great QB, but I don't know that he will be, therefore I don't expect it, and there is no reason for anyone else to expect it. You can want it with all your heart and demand it until you are blue in the face, but that won't make it happen.

Our O-Line, in my mind, is still a big question mark. At this point they haven't shown the ability to dominate. I'd like to think they will with all of the experience and depth we'll have, but that doesn't mean it will be. Reality tells me they still have something to prove. Therefore, I can't objectively "expect" them to be good enough to get us much beyond 7-5 or 8-4 this year; there is simply no reason to.

I could go on and on, but surely you get the point. I'm as hopeful as anyone; I think we've got a lot of good young talent, and I can't wait for kickoff; there is just no reason to scream for heads to roll if we don't dominate this year. It would be unrealistic and dumb a$$.

Just my opinion.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

good post.

Jul 18, 2010, 12:24 PM

maybe heads shouldnt roll after 7-5.

and maybe they wont.

but 7-5 and a crappy O-line might get someone a pink slip.

face it, 7-5 = 5-5 versus the non "gimmes".

i appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks. I think it comes down to this . . .

Jul 18, 2010, 5:14 PM

Boyd may be an outstanding QB for us, but there is a reason he was 2nd string (by quite a ways it seems) behind KP. I can't pretend that's not the case, and I can't blame Dabo completely for it after one full season at the helm. If KP does not come back, I think it could very well cost us a couple of close games. I'm hoping either KP comes back, or Boyd adapts and improves quickly, but I'm not counting on either.

The O-line is also still unproven. If they aren't better this year, I do agree that we seriously need to look at changes there.

I like what Dabo brings in terms of attitude; I think it's a huge improvement over Bowden, and I'm "all in". Having said that I think the clock is ticking a lot faster for Dabo than it was for Tommy, and I think it should be. I think Dabo knows this too. My expectations will be higher next year, and I think at that point the hot seat talk will be more understandable should we not perform.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

How dare you

Jul 18, 2010, 12:26 PM [ in reply to I won't flame, but I strongly disagree with that mentality. ]

make this much sense. I would love for the team to go 10-2, but if they don't, I won't lose any sleep over it.

I really won't.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Re: How dare you

Jul 18, 2010, 12:29 PM

i won't lose any sleep over it either.

I really won't.

but i may bug some mediocrity lovers on Tnet if we go 7-5 and they call it a great year....
:)

I look at it as a great year to make it to the next

Jul 18, 2010, 12:31 PM

September and the start of college football. :)

Re: I won't flame, but I strongly disagree with that mentality.

Jul 18, 2010, 1:09 PM [ in reply to I won't flame, but I strongly disagree with that mentality. ]

AGREED! Dabo is putting us on the right path. Bringing back old clemson football, the way it should be. If the line shows improvement and dominance then the running game will reap the benefits and we will get the points necessary to win close games with our strong D.
Demanding for Dabo to be fired is ridiculous. The original post sounds like an incoming freshman who forgot to wake and bake this morning. Get some sense. Go Tigers!

To me, the first road test in Auburn could make or break our season. Of Course the game does not mean everything to our season, but a big road win in Auburn could give us the confidence boost necessary to enter ACC play with a winning mentality. Hey maybe some breaks will finally go our way this season, i.e. maybe we will only get ron cherry once or twice. But im not counting on that.

Go Tigers!! Lets kick some A$$.

I actually agree with much of what you wrote...

Jul 18, 2010, 1:18 PM

I just wouldn't have been such a #### about it.

Dabo has aspirations to be a championship coach. That's why he was given the job, to win a championship (at least ACC). Now, you don't get better by losing guys like Spiller, Ford, Parker, but a championship-caliber coach will find ways to win with what you have and develop players to step up when called upon. I think the coaches did a great job last year of developing depth, especially on the defense.
I think this year will give us a great indication of what we have in our Head Coach. That's not to say that I'll call for Dabo's head if we go 7-5, but I'll be a little less certain that he's the guy to build our program into a champion. We have enough on defense to keep us in every game. We have a solid O-line and enough skill and experience to be an effective offense. This year is all about coaching
There's no reason that we shouldn't do at least as well as last year. And that might not be good enough to win the Atlantic given the cottonball-soft schedule of one of our division rivals. I know the schedule is tough, but every team on our schedule has some serious questions too. BC has a worse QB situation than we do, they have to replace an AA Center, and their D-line can't pressure the QB. Will FSU really have that much better D (30+ ppg)?. Miami has a young O-line and Harris is a pick machine. Auburn has a new QB, and an awful defense (go watch their spring game). UNC's offense is just pathetic. GT has a young O-line too and are changing defensive schemes. I hate to say this, but I think the chickens have the most solid team of our opponents this year.

Make Sure You Save This Post So You Can Say You Told Us So

Jul 18, 2010, 3:39 PM

Come December I think you will regret posting this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

how will i regret it?

Jul 18, 2010, 5:29 PM

if we go 7-5, that will suck. but that will be the reality.
i'll still be saying excuses are for losers.

if we only lose 3 and go to the ACCCG, i will be glad.

matter of fact, it will be my 2nd ACCCG i have attended with Clemson playing....

YOU save this post. lol.

We go 7-5 and Dabo should be long gone!!!!!!!***

Jul 18, 2010, 5:31 PM

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic