Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Time for honesty for myself. As much as i hated that soft
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Time for honesty for myself. As much as i hated that soft

Jun 16, 2010, 11:17 AM

side of Tommy Bowden. The seeds he planted to get our football program back to the top is starting to show very good signs. And getting Death Valley up to today's standards for bringing in top profile recruits is paying off. Just wanted to give credit where credit is due.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

absolutely.

Jun 16, 2010, 11:18 AM

The WEZ is awesome and very much neccessary.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice words for CTB will get you in trouble, bro***

Jun 16, 2010, 11:18 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Nice words for CTB will get you in trouble, bro- No but....

Jun 16, 2010, 11:27 AM

....please leave his seeds out of this. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you talking about grass seeds?

Jun 16, 2010, 11:29 AM

You know the kind that produces blades of grass that can be chewed on. :)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tommy does deserve a bunch of credit for many things he did

Jun 16, 2010, 11:30 AM [ in reply to Nice words for CTB will get you in trouble, bro*** ]

He also must be accountable for the things that he did not deliver on. Unfortunately, Tigernation and America all like to compress complex issues and people into GOOD or EVIL cartoon caricatures for their HFC and media-polluted brains.

On the whole, I think Tommy was a solid step forward for this program and even if his legacy was only Dabo I would have to say he helped pick and groom what appears to be a successor who will take this program even further.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For the most part you are correct. We still need an indoor

Jun 16, 2010, 11:26 AM

practice facility and the completion of the WEZ as orginally planned. I was looking at a number of other schools' athletic facilities online and many of them have an indoor practice facility. A lot of these schools don't come close to having the passion or support that Clemson offers. We need to have one!!!

Also most have museums celebrating their success and history***

Jun 16, 2010, 11:28 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. That is supposed to be part of the WEZ.***

Jun 16, 2010, 11:29 AM

what is the real deal on the indoor facility

Jun 16, 2010, 11:33 AM [ in reply to For the most part you are correct. We still need an indoor ]

we built one that was billed as that during the capital campaign and now it is the indoor track and not suitable for football practice. this has always been a sore point. what is the deal with the one that was built? can it not be modified or improved?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What we need is...

Jun 16, 2010, 11:37 AM [ in reply to For the most part you are correct. We still need an indoor ]

A training table. Every major program provides this and I can't see why Clemson does not. We need to get some of the jello rolls off the o-line and keep our d-line from gaining to much weight during the season. I also agree that we need an indoor practice facility dedicated to football. Hopefully these and more additions to the support staff are coming down the line and will allow Dabo and Co. to take Clemson to the next level both on the field and off.

Need a sponsor from Healthy Choice or Boars Head.***

Jun 16, 2010, 11:39 AM

We need at least 7 oculi***

Jun 16, 2010, 1:17 PM [ in reply to For the most part you are correct. We still need an indoor ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Agreed. Bowden did everything right Sun-Fri.

Jun 16, 2010, 11:31 AM

He didn't produce on Saturday's so he was shown the door. Bowden left the program in better shape than he found it but so much is very apparent now. Dabo was his recruiting guru and Rich Rod was his offensive genius. Bowden is a terrible game day coach and he surrounded himself with some bad coaches (i.e. Rob Spence). I think Bowden would make a much better AD than football coach.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Agreed. Bowden did everything right Sun-Fri.

Jun 16, 2010, 11:56 AM

Bowden was such a wonderful person we are still trying to get the fans back that he ran off with his arrogant attitude. If he had stayed one more year Clemson football would have been doomed. He conned you. You fell for it. If he is that great of a coach - human being why isn't he coaching somewhere??????????? He was a manipulator and I have NO respect for the man.

LOL. That's about as off-base as it gets. He was indeed a

Jun 16, 2010, 12:14 PM

bit aloof at times, but arrogant and a con artist he is not. He didn't manipulate anyone, and I can't see where you're getting that Clemson fans as a whole are still harboring feelings about any arrogance. I am wholeheartedly glad he is no longer our head coach and it was absolutely a time for a change, but I basically disagree with everything else you said.

Re: LOL. That's about as off-base as it gets. He was indeed a

Jun 16, 2010, 12:24 PM

How well did you know him?

Cooked steaks with him on his deck...

Jun 16, 2010, 6:12 PM

So there!

How well did you know him?

Re: Cooked steaks with him on his deck...

Jun 17, 2010, 8:43 AM

Well enough to know I didn't want to be eating steaks with him!

He did pretty good on Saturday's too. Just not good enough.***

Jun 16, 2010, 12:09 PM [ in reply to Agreed. Bowden did everything right Sun-Fri. ]

Yeah, I'm not sure why there is so much disdain for

Jun 16, 2010, 12:57 PM

Bowden. The guy pulled our football program out of the deep hole that the admin put it in.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic