Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is it odd to anyone else that this board spent most its time
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Is it odd to anyone else that this board spent most its time

May 24, 2010, 3:13 PM

trashing the SEC and talking about how overrated and corrupt it was UNTIL all the expansion talk started? Now everyone is screaming that those who don't want to go to the SEC (who likely will never even invite us) is trying to kill Clemson athletics?

Is it possible that people are... um... fickle?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No***

May 24, 2010, 3:15 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Beating a lot of SEC teams sounds like fun.

May 24, 2010, 3:16 PM

I would like to win the ACC first though.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

63-17

I'm not fickle. I always wanted to join the SEC......and

May 24, 2010, 3:17 PM

I always knew Jack Leggett was a great coach.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Speak for yourself. I never did that.***

May 24, 2010, 3:23 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you don't agree that the number one topic regarding

May 24, 2010, 3:27 PM

the SEC on this board was how it was overrated and that the media's love affair with the conference was unfounded?

I never said everyone was like that... but I figured everyone here would know what I was talking about.

Well technically I did use the word everybody... but you

May 24, 2010, 3:29 PM

know what I mean.

Sorry interpreted it using the word everbody and since I

May 24, 2010, 3:41 PM

didn't agree with the rest of it that was what I based my statement on. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can you show some folks who have flip-flopped?***

May 26, 2010, 12:47 PM [ in reply to So you don't agree that the number one topic regarding ]

In fact, I'll tell you what -- I think it is wrong,

May 24, 2010, 3:38 PM [ in reply to Speak for yourself. I never did that.*** ]

irresponsible, or elitist to say Clemson is too good for a conference based on academics or that Clemson is not good enough for a conference based on sports. Either senerio cuts the wrong way and sends the wrong message about being successful in either realm in whatever conference you remain in or join. A conference is just a vehicle for scheduling and championships--little more. JMHO.

GO TIGERS!!!!

Allowance #1

May 24, 2010, 3:47 PM

I will argue however, that the leverage of some conferences to position themselves in terms of money and coverage do make certain conference better than others in terms of being members. JMHO.

Message was edited by: AThomas®

Re: Is it odd to anyone else that this board spent most its time

May 24, 2010, 6:20 PM

It's not about trashing the SEC,or how overated ,and corrupt it was,or is.What is is all about is whether or not Clemson would be invited to join ,or whether they are left in a watered down football conference which is what would happen if the SEC were to raid the ACC for any/all of the following teams{Miami/FSU/Ga.Tech/Va.Tech}.

I think you missed my point.... BEFORE the expansion talk

May 25, 2010, 10:07 AM

most posts about the SEC were about how overrated and nearly equal to the ACC it was. NOW, after the expansion talk, many of those same people are freaking completely out at those who don't want to join the SEC. There is some inconsistency in there somewhere. If the ACC is about the same as the SEC, then should we really declare that those who don't want to make the switch are trying to kill Clemson athletics?

Is it possible that there are a lot of people who have

May 24, 2010, 7:46 PM

always wanted to be in the SEC? Is it possible that when you're so busy passing judgement on other posters that you generalize too much?

Go do a word search of your own archived posts using "SEC"

May 25, 2010, 10:05 AM

I think you will see exactly what I mean.

only bashed the MEDIA for putting the SEC at the focus of

May 24, 2010, 11:48 PM

their attention.

Never really bashed the SEC... they only seem overrated because of the media. But dude, they are the best conference in football. No questions asked.

Why would we not want to be apart of that?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

THE TIGERS ARE IN MY HEART..... BUT THE DUCKS ARE IN MY PANTS....

I wonder if Deandre McDaniel would get penalized 15 yards

May 25, 2010, 12:20 AM

for pointing Ponder's way under the new rules passed. What a classic play. That would be a shame.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I wonder if Deandre McDaniel would get penalized 15 yards

May 25, 2010, 2:32 AM

They are only the best if we are in it.If we don't get asked it will go back to being over rated.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Either way, SUC is panty-waste of the league.

May 26, 2010, 12:40 PM

Stupid ####.

It's simply being pragmatic, in my opinion

May 25, 2010, 10:12 AM

I don't like the SEC, to be honest. I respect their rivalries and the intensity of their football product, but that's about as far as it goes.

However, if it's the choice between staying in a depleted ACC that's basically got no marketable football product or defecting to a conference that will provide for a strong Clemson football program, I'm willing to take that bitter pill.

If the ACC makes it through expansion talk without being depleted, then I've got no problem with us staying in the conference. But if there's a probability that the SEC will start picking off teams then we should be pro-active, partner ourselves with another team (FSU), and put together an attractive package. We shouldn't let conference loyalty for the ACC, or conference distaste for the SEC, reduce our program to irrelevance.

Now THAT is reasonable. But the thing I am talking about....

May 25, 2010, 10:27 AM

isn't.

Going out of your way to point out that the SEC isn't really that better than the ACC one minute, and then turning on a dime to say that anyone who is against Clemson joining the SEC is a heretic... thats problematic to say the least.

What you just said is similar to how I feel. I won't be upset either way though.

Re: Now THAT is reasonable. But the thing I am talking about....

May 25, 2010, 11:17 AM

I think grover's comment summarizes the sentiment well. It's just that people have got so caught up on the idea of moving that they forgot the 'why' behind it, that now they just say "SEC or bust."

This a chatboard on the internets, right?***

May 26, 2010, 9:48 AM

Demon Deacon problems? There's an app for that too, and it ain't buggy like that yellowjacket repellant:

Personally, my only problems with the SEC have been the

May 26, 2010, 12:44 PM

rampant, nation-leading cheating, and the technical college level average of the academics. In those regards, I know we run a cleaner program than most and obviously our academics are stronger.

I think when people say they'd like to join the SEC it's because they are a couple notches better in football (not basketball), and whether we like it or not their reputation is strong in this regard.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic