Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
NCAA investigating Butler after Calipari complains
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

NCAA investigating Butler after Calipari complains

Apr 21, 2010, 10:10 AM

Butler Hoops Team Under Investigation- AP

INDIANAPOLIS--Butler's run in the NCAA Men's Basketball National Championship Game may be tarnished after reports surfaced today that all 13 players on the roster are being given good educations in an effort to help them find good jobs after they leave the school. "It's important to remember that right now these are only allegations -- allegations that we are looking into," said NCAA president James Isch.

"But, obviously, if true, this would be very disappointing. The NCAA has certain expectations and standards. It's not fair for players at one school to be given good educations while athletes at other member schools receive basic, remedial instruction that is worth essentially nothing." According to documents seized from the school's registrar's office, Butler players have received an education worth $38,616 per year totaling more than $150,000 over a four-year career.

Compare that to player at a school like Kentucky , where tuition is set at $4,051 -- but with an actual value far below that."We don't want to say too much until these reports are confirmed," said Kentucky head basketball coach John Calipari. "But we're talking about almost $140,000 difference in education per player -- and that's even if my players stayed four years or graduated, which many of them do not. Then these Butler players are reportedly stepping into good jobs after graduation while my kids, if they don't make the NBA, have absolutely no job prospects or life skills. It's far from a balanced playing field. They are buying the best players by giving them a high-priced education."

In addition to the allegations that they were given an expensive education, many Butler players have been spotted around campus holding books, studying and engaging in interesting conversations. Others have been seen with people who are known to not be tutors. Butler point guard and Kentucky native Ronald Nored, who is reportedly a secondary education major, denied allegations that the Bulldog program is cheating.

"The discourse on this matter is fatuous and inane," he said, implicating the program further.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NCAA investigating Butler after Calipari complains

Apr 21, 2010, 10:34 AM

This is almost the same press release that they said about Cornell - someone is just duplicating the message and it is probably bogus

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no really?***

Apr 21, 2010, 10:35 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"probably"?

Apr 21, 2010, 10:40 AM [ in reply to Re: NCAA investigating Butler after Calipari complains ]

Man! Turn on your meter.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

i see you are a CU fan, but did you attend UK?

Apr 21, 2010, 10:48 AM [ in reply to Re: NCAA investigating Butler after Calipari complains ]

duh.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, this an actual rumor.***

Apr 21, 2010, 10:53 AM [ in reply to Re: NCAA investigating Butler after Calipari complains ]

null

"probably bogus"

Apr 21, 2010, 11:13 AM [ in reply to Re: NCAA investigating Butler after Calipari complains ]

Keep us informed until you figure it out.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

POTD-- NCAA investigating Butler after Calipari complains

Apr 21, 2010, 10:37 AM

LOL!!!!

that is ridiculous....Calipari should be ashamed

Apr 21, 2010, 10:55 AM

yes...i know

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

No matter if you stole it or wrote it, this is good stuff.+1***

Apr 21, 2010, 11:06 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now thats

Apr 21, 2010, 11:16 AM

Funny I don't care who you are

Re: Now thats

Apr 21, 2010, 11:19 AM

Could this explain OP's one and done?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic