Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson.....is it in anyone else's blood?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 757

Clemson.....is it in anyone else's blood?

Feb 1, 2005, 9:09 PM

Is Clemson in anyone else’s blood?

As signing day is upon us, I think there is something I must share with my Clemson Family.

I admit. I am an addict. I have been addicted to following the recruiting process since some of my HS teammates signed their LOIs. I love to follow who gets who, and more importantly who signs with us. As all of us do, I get frustrated, angry or downright resentful when someone snubs my alma mater, and I got to thinking…….why Pole? Why do you still get pissed at Syvelle for throwing down the Clemson hat? Why does Mike McIntosh in a UF hat make your blood boil?

Its real simple. Clemson is in my blood.

I was just a regular high school punk back in my day. Chased broads, played football, drank beer and got in fights, then drank more beer. As I started scouting colleges, my parents had to cuss me out just to look at something that wasn’t from Clemson. I had some opportunities to play football at The Citadel and some small schools in Georgia, and I had some academic scholarships elsewhere, but I couldn’t shake that little town 2 hours from my home Where The Blue Ridge Yawns its Greatness. In April of my senior year, I sat my old man and my mother down and told them it was Clemson or it from me, and I really couldn’t explain why. They saw the conviction in my face, so I didn’t really have to explain.

I spent 4 magical years at Clemson, and swore I would cherish every second of it, which I tried real hard to do. I met the future Mrs. Pole and more importantly, I met God. I think he has a house here 

Tomorrow, thousands of High School kids all around the country will make their choice of college. Some lucky ones will choose Clemson, some won’t. And you know what? I kind of found myself feeling sorry for the ones that won’t, because they will miss the feeling I have right now when I walk barefoot across the campus, or set up shop for another magical season in Death Valley. Sure, some will enjoy nicer on campus amenities and some will maybe even win a few more games (I sure hope not), but they won’t have what myself, and the rest of you all have. I sit and watch MBRO’s DVDs like they are my child’s first steps. I see pictures of Rodney Williams and Michael Dean like some people see of heroes. I guess its because you guys are my family. I can’t quite express it as articulately as a Quozzel post or as down home as Happycat used to spin them, but I just wanted to know, does anyone else’s heart start racing, and mind start drifting when hearing words like “Tillman” “Bowman” or even “Esso” and “TigerTown.”

So really, what I ask is Clemson………is it in anyone else’s blood?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Oil, burn Lungers

Eat up with it Pole***

Feb 1, 2005, 9:10 PM

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Always and Forever.******

Feb 1, 2005, 9:11 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson.....is it in anyone else's blood?

Feb 1, 2005, 9:12 PM

most definitely... hearing the defense song during this basketball game brought a smile across my face and made me want this season to come even more soon.

i couldn't have said it any better myself....great post!***

Feb 1, 2005, 9:24 PM

You had me at........CLEMSON!!!***

Feb 1, 2005, 9:17 PM

LOL***

Feb 1, 2005, 9:18 PM

Screw Oil, burn Lungers

Yes.

That's why I hit refresh every 30 seconds. Thats why I check this site, as well as all of the others 5000 times a day. Thats why on every wall surrounding me there is a flag or a picture or a diploma hanging there for me to stare at. That's why when I see another person ANYWHERE with clemson stuff on, I go up and talk to them because I know, that just like mine, their blood runs orange.

Now THAT'S a post!!!!!!!!***

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm Clemson born, Clemson bred, and when I die I'll be

Feb 1, 2005, 9:19 PM

CLEMSON DEAD!!!

GO TIGERS!!!

Re: I'm Clemson born, Clemson bred, and when I die I'll be

Feb 1, 2005, 9:20 PM

I'm actually a Huger... part human, part tiger... its true.

LOL***

Feb 1, 2005, 9:39 PM

It's been in my blood since the day I was born

Feb 1, 2005, 9:22 PM

You can see baby pictures of me in Clemson outfits. It really took hold of me when I saw my first game in 1988. Levon Krikland hit a Duke player so hard it seemed to echo through out the valley. I've never laid eyes on a more efficient option offense. I swear they were a machine, Rodney Williams made great decisions and just flat out knew how to win. Our defense was phenominal and I saw Duke try with all futility to try to run on Michael Dean, Ed McDaniel, Levon Kirkland, Doug Brewster. The secondary had Donnell Woolford and Dexter Davis. Terry Allen was our starting tailback and Wesley McFadden at fullback. From that moment on I was hooked. I was Clemson through and through. I went to play ball at a D II school, but I eventually left to go to Clemson. It was my destiny. I had a great time there getting my education and making friendships that will last a lifetime. That place is magic and I pitty any recruit that misses out on it. James Davis liked it so much he made two visits in a two week span. I just flat out love Clemson and live and die with the Tigers. If I had it to do all over again, without hessitation, I'd return to Clemson. Thanks for the post. That was awesome.

romans 8:28

www.loosechange911.com/
www.killtown.com
www.letsroll911.org
www.universalseed.org

Re: Clemson.....is it in anyone else's blood?--

Feb 1, 2005, 9:23 PM

Bleed Orange-- only orange!!

Great post!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it's in my blood-really***

Feb 1, 2005, 9:23 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yassir, I reckon it is

Feb 1, 2005, 9:28 PM

Ever since I set foot on the campus at orientation--the first time I ever went to Clemson--I've been hooked.

Nice Post !!! I wish certain things had been different

Feb 1, 2005, 9:32 PM

in my life that would have enabled me to attend school here. But Clemson University has always given me a reason to bleed orange. I donate to IPTAY and other CU organizations, even though I was never a student. Hopefully, the opportunity that I did not have will be one I can give my children: to attend the greatest school in the world! GO TIGERS!!!!

- Panhandle

Whooooooooo! Go Tigers!***

Feb 1, 2005, 9:39 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 1, 2005, 9:48 PM

Just sat down at my 15 year old son's computer and Tigernet was up. Love the entry. My husband, granddad and great granddad all graduated from Clemson. I opted for another university and really regret it. I love Clemson. I get tears in my eyes every time I see the TIgers run down the hill. I may not have graduated from Clemson but my blood definitely runs ORANGE.

As always,
This has been clemsontiger07®. GO TIGERS!

Feb 1, 2005, 9:58 PM

good post mom! Let me give you your first point!

Replies: 19
| visibility 757
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic