Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Lack of Support
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 59
| visibility 1

Lack of Support

Oct 6, 2009, 1:03 PM

Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Lack of Support
By The Avenue of Champions

The time has come for a change in leadership of the Clemson University Athletic Department.

Phillips simply is not “All-In” as Clemson’s AD. Phillips often misses ITPAY functions because he simple does not want to go and has turned down opportunities to fundraise with Clemson’s top donors. Phillips has shown little interest in getting former players involved other than to ask for their money. It is hard to run a successful program when the AD does not do the little things that it takes to succeed.

The following presents some highlights, or perhaps more aptly described as lowlights, of Phillips’ tenure compared to the last few years of the Bobby Robinson regime. The results speak for themselves.

Overall

Since Terry Don Phillips took over on July 1, 2002, Clemson has amassed a grand total of 8 ACC Championships while Bobby Robinson won 19 ACC Championships from 1996-2002.

Photobucket
TDP - Asleep At The Wheel

Baseball
Prior to Phillips' hiring in the summer of 2002, the team made the College World Series in 1995, 1996, 2000, and 2002. With Phillips as Athletic Director, the baseball team has managed a single ACC Championship and CWS appearance, both in 2006, and missed the NCAA Tournament for the first time in 21 years in 2008.

Perhaps the most respected member of the coaching staff, Pitching Coach Kyle Bunn recently made a lateral move to the University of Alabama, in large part, because Bunn did not believe he received the proper support from the Athletic Department. Despite Bunn’s spending hours on the road recruiting, the Athletic Department refused to pay for a car for Bunn, which is commonplace at big-time baseball programs. This was a significant factor in the South Carolina native’s leaving Clemson for the same position at Alabama.

Subsequently, Phillips handcuffed Leggett severely limiting the amount of funds that Leggett could spend on a new hire to the point where hiring a proven “name” pitching coach was impossible. As a result, Leggett replaced Bunn with a Division III head coach with no real background in developing pitchers.

Clemson baseball, already underfunded with a coaching staff that costs roughly 20% less than the University of South Carolina, was recently informed by Phillips and assistant Athletic Director Katie Hill to cut back on the number of baseballs they purchase in 2009.

Women’s Basketball
Prior to Phillips, Clemson made the NCAA Tournament every year from 1996 to 2002 under Head Coach Jim Davis. Upon taking the reins, Phillips fired Coach Davis and let Barbara Kennedy-Dixon and Katie Hill handle the search for Davis’ replacement, involving himself little. The botched search process resulted in the hiring of Christy McKinney who promptly drove the program into the ground.

Men’s Soccer
Prior to Phillips, the men’s soccer team went to the NCAA Tournament in 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, and 2002 and won the ACC Championship in 2001. After Phillips took over, the soccer team had some success in 2005 and 2006, including a trip to the Final Four in 2005, before falling on hard times the last few years.

This summer Head Coach Trevor Adair was arrested after an ugly scene on his front lawn. However, once more facts in the case came to light, Phillips told Adair that he would retain his job. A few days later, the Athletic Department attempted to force Adair’s resignation for personal reasons. Adair declined and was subsequently fired right before the season, leaving no chance to hire a competent replacement.

Men’s Tennis
Prior to Phillips, the men’s tennis team won an ACC Championship in 1997 and was invited to the NCAA Tournament from 1996 to 2000. After Phillips took over, the men’s tennis team went to NCAA Tournament from 2003 to 2007. However, after the 2007 season, long-time Head Coach Chuck Kriese retired and Phillips hired Assistant Coach Chuck McCuen.

Despite Kriese’s many successful years devoted to Clemson, Phillips didn't even bother to attend Kriese's farewell match. In fact, Phillips rarely attends any non-revenue sporting events, a fact which does not sit well with coaches who already feel that their Athletic Director fails to provide an adequate level of support for their programs to succeed on a high-level.

While the aforementioned sports have struggled since Phillips' arrival, Women’s Rowing, Women’s Tennis and Women’s Volleyball have improved over the same time period. However, to be frank, outside of Clemson Basketball, the sports most fans care about and associate with success at Clemson have remained stagnant or declined under Phillips’ leadership.

Perhaps the worst example of mismanagement in Phillips’ tenure occurred when Phillips signed Tommy Bowden to a $3.5 Million buyout after Bowden threatened to leave for the University of Arkansas in December 2007. Just ten months later, Phillips fired Bowden, obligating Clemson to pay Bowden’s enormous buyout.

Subsequently, Phillips conducted a sham of a “coaching search” resulting in the hiring of former Wide Receivers Coach Dabo Swinney. Despite the anemic offense featured in the later part of the Bowden tenure, Phillips hired Swinney fully aware that Swinney's plan was to promote Billy Napier, Clemson’s 30-year-old tight end coach to offensive coordinator, keep Offensive Line Coach Brad Scott and Running Backs Andre Powell, and promote Graduate Assistant Jeff Scott to wide receivers coach and recruiting coordinator.

Phillips luckily decided that the Maryland game wasn’t important enough to him to attend in person and missed another train wreck offensive performance that should have been obvious to any Athletic Director prior to the season.

Of course, Phillips did promise Swinney that money would be available to hire a larger support staff. Swinney requested that the Athletic Department hire Levon Kirkland and Patrick Sapp to assist in player development under the strength and conditioning staff. Among other responsibilities, Kirkland and Sapp would have had major roles in player development during voluntary summer workouts. However, Phillips and the Athletic Department reneged on their promise to Swinney, telling Kirkland and Sapp that they paltry $60,000 salary that the pair requested was too high. Instead, Phillips authorized Swinney to hire a couple more part-time Graduate Assistants.

Currently, the morale in the Athletic Department is at an all-time low due to Phillips’ repeated failure to support the various athletic programs and live up to his promises and commitments. Phillip’s lets Assistant Athletic Director Katie Hill repeatedly use excessive foul language and berate the staff and as a result Hill has almost zero respect from Athletic Department employees, which only worsens morale. To make matters worse, despite obvious signs that Phillips’ and Hill’s modus operandi is not working, neither has attempted to change their approach or do anything to turn the program around. Rather, both seem content to sit idly by and watch the programs they support slide further and further into mediocrity.

Clemson deserves an AD that wins championships, that doesn’t allow the AARC to be implemented, that stands up for valuable people like Team Chaplin Tony Eubanks and does whatever it takes to provide the level of support that each program needs to succeed. After sever years, it is painfully obvious that Terry Don Phillips is a failure as Athletic Director of Clemson University.

Please join us in making our voices heard. Please email, fax and call the James Barker and the Athletic Department and demand the removal of Terry Don Phillips as Athletic Director of Clemson University.

James Barker – Phone: (864) 656-3311; Fax (864) 656-0622
Athletic Department - Phone: (864) 656-2114; Fax (864) 656-7425

The Avenue of Champions can be reached at aoc.clemson@gmail.edu

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

James Barker is just as big a loser. Total zero.***

Oct 6, 2009, 1:05 PM

Please provide proof to this statement.***

Oct 6, 2009, 1:14 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: Please provide proof to this statement.***

Oct 6, 2009, 1:18 PM

I'm just the messenger, but, in my opinion, the proof is in the results. There was a steep drop-off in athletic department success from the time TDP took office. What other proof do you need?

Reply was about Barker, I agree TDP needs to go.***

Oct 6, 2009, 1:52 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Barker is the President of the UNIVERSITY***

Oct 6, 2009, 3:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Please provide proof to this statement.*** ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Please provide proof to this statement.***

Oct 6, 2009, 1:23 PM [ in reply to Please provide proof to this statement.*** ]

I don't know TDP personally, but if this is all accurate he should be fired today. Your asked to be at DV 7 times a year. 7 FREAKING TIMES A YEAR and get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars. DUDE ITS 7 TIMES A YEAR. This pisses me off

TDP

Oct 6, 2009, 1:28 PM

TDP blamed not attending the Maryland game on not wanting to fly due to a back issue, yet TDP flew the week before and flew to Miami yesterday.

TDP was also up and about walking his dog around Clemson on Saturday.

Pathetic.

Even worse was not attending Kriese farewell match at Clemson.

Re: TDP; no TDV

Oct 6, 2009, 1:37 PM

Terry Don Van Winkle

It takes a lot of energy to laugh all the way to the bank***

Oct 6, 2009, 1:42 PM [ in reply to TDP ]

Re: It takes a lot of energy to laugh all the way to the ban

Oct 6, 2009, 1:49 PM

TDP is to worried about what new knit sweater he is going to wear at WF. Bet his ### shows up then. Go figure he wants to be with the fans once this comes out.

Reply was about Barker, I agree TDP needs to go.***

Oct 6, 2009, 1:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Please provide proof to this statement.*** ]

Because he's not a redneck good 'ol boy who wants

Oct 6, 2009, 2:16 PM [ in reply to Please provide proof to this statement.*** ]

Clemson to be an average university where all the focus is on football. Sad but true.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Because he's not a redneck good 'ol boy who wants

Oct 8, 2009, 7:47 PM

Yeah...you can't be an elite academic school with a ACC football championship in hand....oh wait....yes you can says Wake Forest!

That is a pitiful excuse for the state of our football program.

I want some reasoning why Barker needs to go other than

Oct 6, 2009, 1:53 PM [ in reply to James Barker is just as big a loser. Total zero.*** ]

not firing TDP...

How about his national championship lie

Oct 6, 2009, 2:17 PM

If you want to win a National Championship in 10 years, you don't hire Dabo Swinney.

Barker's blind quest for a Top 20 ranking is a total misuse

Oct 6, 2009, 3:08 PM [ in reply to I want some reasoning why Barker needs to go other than ]

of the college's resouces, and in the real world (ie outside academia) has no real significance.

Re: I want some reasoning why Barker needs to go other than

Oct 6, 2009, 3:56 PM [ in reply to I want some reasoning why Barker needs to go other than ]

I like some of the stuff that Barker does in terms of academics, but I think Barker places too much emphasis on Top 20 and almost no emphasis on athletics.

I would much prefer a President that realizes the value that a top notch football and overall athletic program bring to a university and help it become a top notch academic insititution.

I want both, but sadly I don't think Barker wants the football program to "overshadow" the academic side at Clemson and I think that is an incorrect approach.

well said but

Oct 6, 2009, 1:08 PM

I doubt using the Atletic Dept phone will do much to get TDP removed since he runs the place (poorly though it may be).

If a case could be made to show Barker it affects his top 20 Univ score he night do somehting . Otherwise I see him as a major source of the problem or certainly the lead enabler

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fax

Oct 6, 2009, 1:10 PM

Fax is the best way in my opinion.

Emails are easily deleted, but tying up the fax machine all day sends the message.

Hopefully Plyer will read this blog on the air tomorrow.

I disagree

Oct 6, 2009, 1:13 PM

I don't think we cxan depend on the Peach Bowl this time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fax

Oct 6, 2009, 1:13 PM [ in reply to Fax ]

this post does a better job of diagnosing the problem than the fire Dabo posts IMO.

Although, I'm not sure how effective it will be...

Re: Lack of Support

Oct 6, 2009, 1:18 PM

I think President Barker and the Board of Trustees are calling and have been calling the shots. This is why we are in the shape we are in.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That sounds just like Meeeeecky Plyler

Oct 6, 2009, 1:21 PM

is that his stuff?

Not bad, but it could use some serious editing***

Oct 6, 2009, 1:26 PM

Yea, sad state of affairs. Unfortunately the chicken school

Oct 6, 2009, 2:01 PM

is more focused on athletics and gives their programs more financial support. Its taken Hyman a while but they are poised for a very successful run the big 3 sports. Spurrier's team is finally rounding into shape. They finally got a young energetic BBall coach and have a very nice arena. And we all know and respect Tanner's teams and now they have a brand new and very nice stadium to play in. If Clemson doesnt step up quickly in a big way they will start owning us. Now I just threw up in my mouth!

I think your missing the point

Oct 6, 2009, 2:16 PM

we own usc anyways. That is not our goal. Our goal is to win championships. And TDP could care less about any of our programs. Its really depressing to a fan base to find out that the guy in charge could care less

Re: Yea, sad state of affairs. Unfortunately the chicken school

Oct 6, 2009, 3:10 PM [ in reply to Yea, sad state of affairs. Unfortunately the chicken school ]

With the new deal the SEC has with ESPN
we are falling way behind and all I hear is
it does matter.You say we own them,but all
that can change in a month.Then what will you say.
I am not addressing this to any one person but to all.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Spurrier's team is finally rounding into shape"...

Oct 6, 2009, 4:40 PM [ in reply to Yea, sad state of affairs. Unfortunately the chicken school ]

LOL if that doesn't sound like a cocklovin' comment then nothing will. What would lead you to believe they're finally rounding into shape? Beating Ole Miss? LOL. You do remember when you were ranked in the top 10 only to lose your last 5, right? If I were you, I'd anticipate much of the same this year.

a little ironic that you would use cocklovin' in a sentence

Oct 6, 2009, 9:05 PM

just sayin...

I would give you 100 points if I could. Just when you think

Oct 6, 2009, 2:29 PM

you can't dislike a guy more than Bobby Robinson.

Re: I would give you 100 points if I could. Just when you think

Oct 6, 2009, 6:14 PM

BR was far from great but at least the teams under him won to some extent.

TDP is even worse if that is possible.

They don't like that he's not there?

Oct 6, 2009, 2:52 PM

I wonder more about our coaches being the right fit for Clemson instead of TDP if they are really upset that he doesn't come to their games often enough. We can't win unless the AD is there to witness the contest? That's pretty lame in my book. There are some pretty interesting points here, but I really hope our coaches are tougher than that.

Buddyjack....once again not the point of the arguement

Oct 6, 2009, 2:57 PM

The coaches could care less if he shows up or not. However if he is too lazy to show up to a football game (12 days a year) then what else does he not want to do? Obviously if he is too lazy to go to the game he is too lazy to find a good coach on his "national coaching search"

I think it is a part of the argument

Oct 6, 2009, 10:31 PM

The blogger's comments, not mine.

"In fact, Phillips rarely attends any non-revenue sporting events, a fact which does not sit well with coaches who already feel that their Athletic Director fails to provide an adequate level of support for their programs to succeed on a high-level."

Tells me, if the blogger is right, that there are coaches that would like to see him at more events.

For the athletic director at Clemson - you go to all the

Oct 6, 2009, 3:12 PM [ in reply to They don't like that he's not there? ]

games. The AD has a box at Clemson, and he usually gets box access at away games. He is to be entertaining mojor donors or business partners during these events.

Bingo! We have a winner.***

Oct 6, 2009, 3:15 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

Football? All the way Most everything else? Forget about it.

Oct 6, 2009, 10:37 PM [ in reply to For the athletic director at Clemson - you go to all the ]

I do think TDP needs to be at all the football games. I'm just not convinced that he needs to attend non-revenue games as well. 1 or 2 appearances a year should be plenty.

Re: They don't like that he's not there?

Oct 6, 2009, 3:18 PM [ in reply to They don't like that he's not there? ]

There are not saying that TDP needs to attend all of their games, but TDP rarely if every attends any of the non-revenue sports.

TDP didn't attend Bob Kriese farewell match at Clemson even though TDP wasn't busy at the time.

TDP doesn't even remember some of the assistant coaches names and a lot of the coaches wives names.

It more that they feel that TDP simple doesn't care about their sport or them and that is not really the message that a competent AD that wants to win should project to the people that work for him.

Re: They don't like that he's not there?

Oct 6, 2009, 10:41 PM

1) Ok, he should go to a tennis match or rowing regatta once a year

2) He probably should have attended Chuck "Bob" Kriese's last match.

3) Not real concerned about the assistant coaches' names and not concerned at all about the coaches' spouses' names? Is this really a complaint that's out there?

4) If everything you say is true, if much of what you say is true, I think we have some coaches who need to go somewhere else or just do their jobs. I don't look to my boss for acknowledgment for a job well done except at my annual review. My own sense of pride motivates me to be successful in my occupation.

you have a cliff's notes version?***

Oct 6, 2009, 9:06 PM

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

TDP is a terrible AD

Oct 6, 2009, 10:00 PM

Told Swinney he could hire support staff then backed out on hiring Levon Kirkland because it cost to much money even though Kirkland wanted only 60K.

Yes, right here.

Oct 6, 2009, 10:56 PM [ in reply to you have a cliff's notes version?*** ]

"Clempsun don't care enough about footbawl like the good 'ol days when Danny coached. Them high falutin' administrators are too concerned about academics to care about footbawl like they should!"

Signed,

Redneck Clemson fan

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Are you done yet?

Oct 6, 2009, 11:22 PM

All you do is insult those who want a successful athletic department, and then preach about how Top 20 is the path to salvation despite its irrelevance to anything aside from acadmic publications. No real world job gives a crap if Clemson is Top 20 or not.

I've got a good friend who came to Clemson to get a degree in civil engineering. She came from the midwest. The only reason she came to Clemson is because Clemson offered her the most money. Last year I was havig a discussion about her impression as an out-of-stater and someone unfamiliar with how big college football here.

Without prompt, she says something to the effect of, "It doesn't surprise me that people outside of the South don't know anything about Clemson. If you look at Florida or Georgia, people apply there because they know about them. And they know about them because of football."

She then proceeded to literally lecture me about how something as simple as a sports team and the quality of a football or basketball team can greatly increase the number of applicants to a school.

Clemson football is an influential part of this university, despite your obvious objection to that. Clemson football does more than put butts in the seats and draws people from all around.

Can it hurt if Clemson focuses on athletics, and it gets Clemson's name out there? Can it hurt if more people figure out that Clemson is a small school in SC?

All you do is whine, complain, and insult with the attitude of some elitist academic. It is VERY apparent that you lack any kind of objectivity to understand how all things of a university are intertwined, and that success on a football field or a basketball court can do a lot of good for any university.

2010_donor_pickem.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have absolutely nothing against having a strong athletic

Oct 7, 2009, 12:59 AM

department. I want our teams to be competitive. I have never said anything to the contrary.

What I have a problem with are the people who continue to suggest that Barker is some moron who wants to see our athletic programs fail because it will somehow enhance our academic ranking. That is the most ridiculous, illogical argument on TigerNet (and lately, that is really saying something!). These are the same people who have all kinds of crazy theories about what our problems are, and who seem to want everyone from Barker to TDP to Dabo fired. I just don't get it.

I agree that a strong football team will generate interest in Clemson, which is a good thing. You should know that applications to Clemson are at an all-time high right now, despite the fact that our football team has only won 7-9 games a year for the past 10 years.

I believe that we can be successful in both academics and athletics, but attacking Barker and the administration for our lack of athletic success is misplaced.

Ok, I can agree with that

Oct 7, 2009, 8:39 AM

You make a fair point.

I agree that Barker should not be directly given credit for either the successes or the failures of the athletic department. Kicking Barker out of Clemson will not solve any immediate problems in the athletic department.

I can see how Barker is linked to athletics, because he technically is TDP's boss. But again, I'll agree that TDP is high enough in the chain where he should take responsibility for the department before Barker does.

As you said, attacking Barker and the administration (I'm assuming you're not including TDP) for our lack of athletic success is misplaced. Absolutely. 100%.

Personally, I don't know if I want TDP gone or not. I don't know enough about his tenure to say one way or the other. I do know that our programs have, for the most part, slipped a bit on the national scale. But I also know that we have Purnell, we have the West End Zone, and we have dominated USC in virtually every sport since he's been here (which is very important for Clemson's in-state image, whether people want it to be or not).

In regards to Barker, I want him gone. I've wanted him gone for the better part of two years. I'll leave my comments at that without going down a rabbit hole. But, as you accurately stated, it is not and should not be because of athletic reasons.

My apologies for not understanding your point. It just seemed as if you were making a mockery of anyone who wants Clemson football to be an important factor in Clemson's national image.

2010_donor_pickem.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have absolutely nothing against having a strong athletic

Oct 8, 2009, 8:42 PM [ in reply to I have absolutely nothing against having a strong athletic ]

Oh to the contrary my friend. When the university takes $3-4 million of the athletic departments budget each year, that is on the board and president. You have read in this blog, and I had heard it before this blog was written, that adverse conditions are being made due to budget constraints. Well let the AD keep the money that they generate and that would pay for Dabo's support staff, keeping Kyle Bunn, some extra baseballs, and gosh knows how many other things that are being stripped from our other sports. The proof is in the results. The university does not do all of the little things that one must do to be successful in modern day college athletics. I believe that is due to a concern that a jock school image, a known and celebrated whatever it takes attitude, will cost us reputation wise in those that vote for the U.S. News rankings, mainly other university president's.

Some strong evidence there...but no mention of Purnell***

Oct 6, 2009, 11:00 PM

Purnell was actually a good hire...

Oct 7, 2009, 12:20 AM

Can't really hold THAT one against him. I know some try to hold the lack of tournament wins and say it wasn't a good hire...but come on. It's Clemson basketball. This success is (almost) unprecedented.

GO TIGERS

Did anything significant happen in 2003? Expansion?

Oct 7, 2009, 8:01 PM [ in reply to Some strong evidence there...but no mention of Purnell*** ]

You have some great points, but you only mention his negatives. At least give ALL the facts. To point out our sudden decline of success without mentioning expansion of the ACC makes your argument lose credibilty. And why no mention the Oliver hire.

TDP Suck

Oct 7, 2009, 2:30 PM

http://www.theavenueofchampions.blogspot.com/

Re: Lack of Support

Oct 7, 2009, 6:37 PM

Thanks for posting, well written and puts many of my concerns into words.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TDP showed how worthless he is by being played by TB

Oct 7, 2009, 9:30 PM

Badly...That whole Ark thing was pathetic. I swear, if I see TDP, I will tell him to his face how ####### he is.

Re: TDP showed how worthless he is by being played by TB

Oct 8, 2009, 9:39 AM

Agree.

Fans are also partail to blame because they rallied by Dabo and bought into him and gave TDP validation that hiring a WR was OK because the fans were "All-In"

At the end of the day though you have to have an AD that is willing to do what is best for the university even if it might not be popular with the fans.

In the end fans would have rallied behind a new coach the same way they rallied by Dabo and the new coach would have a much longer leash as well.

Terrible by TDP

Re: TDP showed how worthless he is by being played by TB

Oct 8, 2009, 2:45 PM [ in reply to TDP showed how worthless he is by being played by TB ]

We could use those $3.5 MM right about now.

Clemson should strive to be Top 20

Oct 9, 2009, 1:21 PM

in both Academics and in Athletics.

Why not both?

Why not both?

Oct 9, 2009, 1:33 PM

Because both are not obtainable. We can't be princeton and southern cal.

Its like wanting to be mr. universe, but also wanting to be a star sumo wrestler

They just don't mix. I know its a stupid anology.

Re: Why not both?

Oct 9, 2009, 6:36 PM

UNC, Michigan, etc are both Top 20 Academically and Athletically.

You can have both.

So are you saying that yall have....

Oct 9, 2009, 3:40 PM

...inadequate athletic supporters or that yall lack a sufficient number of athletic supporters?

tee hee. :)

Your Character is what you do when no one is watching.

I don't know who the AOC is, but this post is crap.

Oct 29, 2009, 2:28 PM

Plain and simple.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

Replies: 59
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic