Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm going to make 1 post and then you can get back to your
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1,166

I'm going to make 1 post and then you can get back to your

Sep 28, 2009, 1:15 PM

melt down.

If you can't see a difference with this year's team, you are insane.

I watched the game Saturday and saw some great things to look forward to. I don't care what conference they are in, TCU will finish undefeated and in a BCS Bowl. They are GOOD.

Even with that, we rushed for 4 yards per carry, gave up 0 sacks and held Mr. All-American Hughes to 3 tackles. Oh yeah, and that was without our best OLineman.

Our defense gave up yards but clamped down when it counted. It required a total fluke play for them to score at all in the first half.

Our FRESHMAN Quarterback threw for 200 yards and made several great plays late despite playing in an absolute monsoon.

We had only 6 penalties and no turnovers, despite playing in an absolute monsoon.

If our rock solid FG kicker makes the 1 kick he barely missed. We win that game.

I know the Debbie-downers and the Coot imposters (of which there are several) want to paint it that the sky is falling but I'm still 100% all-in. There is only 1 team left on our schedule that is better than the team we played Saturday and that is Miami.

Please remember your meltdowns and calling for firings when we are 9-3 and playing in Tampa in December.

That is all, please set about flaming me, calling me a Sunshine Pumper and general douchebaggery. I won't be around to read it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Keep chasing those windmills, Steve!

Re: I'm going to make 1 post and then you can get back to yo

Sep 28, 2009, 1:17 PM

I've been looking forward to our teams being good now for about 11 seasons.

Also, TCU killed themselves with penalties.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Before you leave, can you comment on this thread?

Sep 28, 2009, 1:21 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?forumID=1&threadID=735202&messageID=8037267#8037267

And I'm not trying to be super snarky here...but come on, you have to admit I had a point that we should be concerned about our red zone woes

the more things change...the more things stay the same.

Sep 28, 2009, 1:25 PM

we're still "one play away"
we're still playing good teams close
we're still losing close games
we're still bad on the oline
we're still losing games we should win
we still don't have a competent OC
we're a different team, but we're still the same.

Have you ever written anything positive?***

Sep 28, 2009, 1:30 PM

yes i have........i call it how i see it.***

Sep 28, 2009, 1:32 PM

And you are overly critical and have a negative approach

Sep 28, 2009, 2:38 PM

to life (or at least Clemson football).

I'm just "calling it like I see it."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

It sucks even worse when he's right***

Sep 28, 2009, 4:50 PM

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

And you're still convinced that everything at Clemson sucks.

Sep 28, 2009, 1:34 PM [ in reply to the more things change...the more things stay the same. ]

that also doesn't change.

No. If we lose to Maryland, Duke or Virgina then we have

Sep 28, 2009, 2:46 PM [ in reply to the more things change...the more things stay the same. ]

the same problems as before. You're not being truthful. You're just being negative now.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

Agree 100% Except this isn't quite a meltdown, the Negative

Sep 28, 2009, 1:28 PM

Nancies have lost skill since last year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm going to make 1 post and then you can get back to your

Sep 28, 2009, 1:42 PM

Our team is different. The defense and special teams are considerably improved. Although much of that can probably be attributed to Sapp being healthy and Bowers having a year under his belt.

Our offense might be worse though...

At the end of the day, we're getting the same results. (just doing it in a different way) I've said it before, and I'll say it again. If Clemson football wants to get back to the level of truly being an "elite" football program, we need an experienced Head Coach and quality Coordinators.

I think we should go after Chris Peterson (before someone else does) and try to keep Dabo and Steele (and any others that are worth keeping) if possible...

The same results?!? Which team are you watching?

Sep 28, 2009, 2:41 PM

Have we lost any games we weren't supposed to this year? NO.

Have we played poorly and/or been blown out against the ranked teams on our schedule this year? NO.

Are we a soft team who quits when we have had setbacks this year? NO.

This year's team is NOTHING like previous seasons. I don't understand why people keep saying that it is, unless they assume that having a coach from the previous staff equals the same product on the field.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Have we won any big games....No

Sep 28, 2009, 2:46 PM

Have we handed away a victory...Yes (G.Tech)
Have we played uninspired football...Yes (B.College)
Have we lost to a ranked team in Death Valley...Yes (T.C.U.)

If we are happy to just compete with a team like T.C.U. then we are doomed. They pick up the left overs once Texas, Texas, A.M., and Texas Tech finish recruiting. They have a few excellent players, but their depth is questionable. Is that where we are now, happy that we didn't lay an egg at home against T.C.U. Wow.

I don't think we should ever be happy with a loss, but

Sep 28, 2009, 2:59 PM

it should be obvious that this team is different from prior teams - in a good way. It's not as black and white as you make it out to be. Improvements can be subtle and gradual. Expecting to go from what we've had the last 10 years to dominating everyone and being 4-0 right now is unrealistic.

We are getting better, and I believe that our coaches know how to get these players to the point where they win games like GT and TCU.

It's not like we are that far away

Sep 28, 2009, 4:44 PM

Dabo has the same talented / underachieving players that Tommy had. Tommy didn't get fired because he couldn't recruit. He got fired because he constantly under achieved with a talent team. Same talented team, same losses. Dabo is not rebuliding. In fact, if he doesn't start winning some ball games, we are going to back slide in recruiting.

Re: I'm going to make 1 post and then you can get back to your

Sep 28, 2009, 2:53 PM

TCU will not go undefeated and play in a BCS...

BET ON IT

Does the "remember" accountability go both ways?***

Oct 5, 2009, 8:02 AM

Replies: 17
| visibility 1,166
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic