Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Old School Clemson Smashmouth football
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 61
| visibility 1

Old School Clemson Smashmouth football

Sep 14, 2009, 2:52 PM

is that REALLY what you want? Really? Because I hear a bunch of panty wearing P(*&^$# out there crying about a 1pm kickoff. Guess what, Mary? They ALL started at 1 back then.
Nobody cried about the heat. Nobody blubbered about the sun. You got up, got in an old hot station wagon...dragged your butt to the campus and set up around 9 am.
You didnt wear seer sucker anything. You didnt wear a bow tie. You didnt manscape your body hair. You drank your beer and you screamed your ### off until we were done bloodying up the bad guys.

You queens embarass me. They could play at 3 am...I'm going.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait a minute . . .

Sep 14, 2009, 2:59 PM

Gee, lighten up, my friend! I thought we were talking about a fun, Saturday afternoon activity for leisure? You sound like you're talking about boot camp?

Are football games supposed to be scheduled in a manner as to instill toughness in the attendees? I think not!

^^^^Drinks Mimosas and leaves early^^^^^***

Sep 14, 2009, 3:03 PM

I don't know what Mimosas are! And I don't leave early

Sep 14, 2009, 3:17 PM

even when it's at noon. And I don't show up late.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Mimosas

Sep 14, 2009, 3:20 PM

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Mimosas

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

You must be dense . . .

Sep 14, 2009, 3:34 PM

I did not ASK what they were (hence I don't need a google referral). I merely STATED that I didn't know what they were, implying that I thus very likely don't drink them.

READ!!!

We don't need you to say you don't know what they are

Sep 14, 2009, 4:44 PM

on the Internet. Either don't say it at all or actually learn something. No one cares that you don't know.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hush. You are ignorant. I said it IN RESPONSE

Sep 15, 2009, 12:01 PM

to someone who made a comment about it.

If YOU don't want to read a comment that was a RESPONSE TO SOMETHING ELSE. Then don't read it and keep you whining to yourself. This isn't an alcohol education class, if I don't care what it is and don't care to learn then what the he!! is it to you?

I gues you wouldn't consider the possibility that

Sep 15, 2009, 12:03 PM [ in reply to We don't need you to say you don't know what they are ]

I don't CARE what they are. That's why I didn't look it up. I surmised from the comment that it was some sort of drink, but I don't care to learn the details, nor did I ask, and your reading comprehension is obviously too off point to gather that.

Go enjoy some of those drinks yourself if you like and mind your own business, jerk.

Okay, okay, we get it, geez.

Sep 15, 2009, 12:28 PM

Appletinis it is then? ;)

Hey, Frank Howard wore a tie to the games...

Sep 16, 2009, 1:05 AM

He used it to wipe the tobacco juice off his face. Now that's hard nosed, smash mouth football !! Go Tigers. mimosas? No thank you. I'll have a shot of Jim Beam and a Pabst.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mi-mO-sa (noun).....

Sep 16, 2009, 1:13 AM [ in reply to I don't know what Mimosas are! And I don't leave early ]

Drink made with sparkling wine and orange juice, enjoyed by UVa. fans during pre game brunch(aka tailgates)often served with quiche or brie.

He doesn't want to know what Mimosa's are...

Sep 16, 2009, 8:59 AM

for cryin' out loud! He will not drink them in the park. He will not drink them in the dark. HE DOES NOT LIKE THEM SAM I AM!!

Try them, try them and you may.

Sep 16, 2009, 9:01 AM

Try them and you may I say. ;)

NO THANKS, I'll leave those for women and UVa fans.***

Sep 16, 2009, 11:41 AM

I happen to enjoy a good mimosa on Thanksgiving morning.

Sep 16, 2009, 1:15 PM

I do prefer beer before a 1:00 kickoff though.

I prefer "Wild Turkey" before my turkey.***

Sep 17, 2009, 3:58 PM

^^^^^Has Big Collection of Participation Trophies^^^^^^***

Oct 15, 2009, 10:00 AM [ in reply to Wait a minute . . . ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some of us rode in the back of a pick up truck with a camper

Sep 14, 2009, 2:59 PM

shell on it. Nothing like opening the little crank windows on the side for fresh air! You couldn't open the little vent on the top or it would blow off... Ahhh, good times!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yup***

Sep 14, 2009, 4:41 PM

Thanks Danny....

Sep 14, 2009, 3:00 PM

JK. ;)
You're right. Them was the good ole' days. Opponents were glad to see 4PM come so they diodn't have to take the abuse any more.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Old School Clemson Smashmouth football

Sep 14, 2009, 3:09 PM

> You didnt wear seer sucker anything. You didnt wear a
> bow tie. You didnt manscape your body hair.

This made me laugh b/c its so true....all the frat guys wearing cute pastels like a bunch of easter eggs. And its always the half look....part dressed up...part sloppy.....Let me wear some searsuckers with a dress shirt untucked, a sport coat...but a ratty looking dirty ball cap and some rainbows. Lets not forget to get our Costa Del Mar sunglasses with the frat issued croakie strap...which is never used since you have to rest the sunglasses on teh back of your neck while the croakies hand down.

And whats up with all the dudes wearing short shorts? Those patagonia shorts are hidious...especially with boat deck shoes.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Point to you.***

Sep 14, 2009, 3:21 PM

You can find me in knee-length cargo shorts, girls Oakley's

Sep 15, 2009, 8:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Old School Clemson Smashmouth football ]

and a sweet graphic T. WITH the gelled hair.

#1 Fan of Clemson Athletic Marketing Team

Oct 15, 2009, 9:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Old School Clemson Smashmouth football ]

This made me laugh b/c its so true....all the frat guys wearing cute pastels like a bunch of easter eggs. And its always the half look....part dressed up...part sloppy.....Let me wear some searsuckers with a dress shirt untucked, a sport coat...but a ratty looking dirty ball cap and some rainbows. Lets not forget to get our Costa Del Mar sunglasses with the frat issued croakie strap...which is never used since you have to rest the sunglasses on teh back of your neck while the croakies hand down.

And whats up with all the dudes wearing short shorts? Those patagonia shorts are hidious...especially with boat deck

You just wish you had been one of them, admit it!

A 3AM would be F***ING AWESOME! And a night game...***

Sep 14, 2009, 3:14 PM

LOL. HAIL YES!!!!***

Sep 14, 2009, 3:24 PM

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

But still wouldn't be on TV, would be

Sep 14, 2009, 3:43 PM [ in reply to A 3AM would be F***ING AWESOME! And a night game...*** ]

pre-empted by Slap Chop, Awesome Auger, and Extenze infomercials.

Sep 14, 2009, 3:25 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1_NhnXMCKw

:)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Well next time we have an evening/night game, you just mail

Sep 14, 2009, 3:27 PM

me your tickets tough guy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you retarded?

Sep 14, 2009, 5:09 PM

I said I am going...no matter what the time. No go put on your pastel colored pants and your little bow tie.

I like night games and that makes me whoever it is you like

Sep 15, 2009, 4:33 PM

to imagin in your sick brain?

Here' some news for you. The majority of Clemson fans LOVE night games.

Next time you're at a game, look around, young and old, black or white, home team fan or opposing, they for the most part LOVE night games. You are the minority. I know it sucks, but get over it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I like night games and that makes me whoever it is you like

Sep 15, 2009, 8:18 PM

I, in fact, love night games. I simply love Clemson football more than any time slot. How have you failed to note that I would attend any game any time? I like night games but I'm not a ##### and I will go to any and all games.

With you.. God realizes a fault in his creation

Sep 15, 2009, 8:59 PM [ in reply to Well next time we have an evening/night game, you just mail ]

He should have put zippers on Poons.

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

that. was. awesome.***

Sep 14, 2009, 3:34 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Awesome post......nice work BuzzPaw.

Sep 14, 2009, 4:05 PM

n/m

They also did not have 5 ESPNs

Sep 14, 2009, 4:18 PM

none of which we are on. Obviosuly classic and ESPNews are not real options, but we need to be on ESPN for a game like this.

The year was 1981...

Sep 14, 2009, 4:34 PM

The game was Clemson vs UGA…

Saturday morning, I woke up…walked to the post office and posted a bulletin trying to sell an extra ticket (date backed out Friday night)…received a call and met the buyer back at the post office…arrested and booked for ticket scalping…had a court hearing underneath the stadium…arrived back at my dorm in time to down about 6 beers and STILL MADE THE 1:00 kick off time.

I just don't understand the youth of today

i was there with my girlfriend, an immigrant from nyc, it

Sep 15, 2009, 12:27 PM

was her first big time collage football game. don't remember much else except we won.

Sep 14, 2009, 5:31 PM

I wish I could point you more than once!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you forgot the part about soboring up from the night before

Sep 15, 2009, 12:24 PM

and the game getting over in time to go out and celebrate the victory that night! yeah i like the 1:00 kickoffs.

It was the "WooHoo" that pussified so many.

Sep 15, 2009, 4:39 PM

We MUST stop the WooHoo!!!!

And it would be cooler at 3 a.m. By the way,

Sep 16, 2009, 11:08 AM

it was 2 o'clock in the morning when the Who started their concert at the Isle of Wight in 1970. You didn't see them complaining, now did you?

Did you drive up hill both ways too ?***

Sep 16, 2009, 11:34 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Daggum Right!!****

Sep 16, 2009, 11:41 AM

Buzzer is DA MAN!!! Good post***

Sep 16, 2009, 11:42 AM

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Thanks Jonny, we'll overlook your manscaping***

Sep 16, 2009, 11:43 AM

gotta wax the ### hair...the wife likes it smooth***

Sep 16, 2009, 11:45 AM

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

I wish she would do the same.***

Sep 16, 2009, 11:45 AM

the chest hair is what bothers me on her***

Sep 16, 2009, 12:00 PM

1pm just means they start at 8pm out here in the middle east

Sep 16, 2009, 11:54 AM

Therefore, I enjoy...

I agree with you. <link>

Sep 16, 2009, 1:12 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?forumID=19&threadID=427144&messageID=4793427#4793427

Honestly, air condition is what ruined this generation.

Oct 15, 2009, 8:37 AM

Back then, your only option while driving down the road to cool off was roll down the widow and let the hot air in. Our bodies were much more used to the heat; which explains why we see so many heat strokes/young players dying on the field, etc....I'm sorry, but 90 effing degrees is hot and miserable to sit in for 3 hours; no matter the occasion; but I'll go anyway.

null

what ruined this generation is online ####

Oct 15, 2009, 9:15 AM

just can't seem to get anything done.

It has ruined me, but I've enjoyed every minute of it.

Oct 15, 2009, 9:22 AM

;)

null

For the record....I'm 37***

Oct 15, 2009, 9:24 AM

you are old as heck....#### near dead***

Oct 15, 2009, 9:26 AM

You are right there with me, pops. Let's race our jazzy

Oct 15, 2009, 9:26 AM

chairs down to the jello line.

I'm a full year younger....take that!

Oct 15, 2009, 9:34 AM

My Hoveround would kill yours.

keep dreaming, youngster***

Oct 15, 2009, 9:35 AM

Absolutely....

Oct 15, 2009, 9:30 AM

Nooner or 8 PM on ESPN, I'm running around the house (or condo when in Clemson for home games) yelling and screaming! I am absolutely itching to get to that stadium. I live for those 7 days a year, that is my religion and I'll tell anyone who asks me that. Granted I am frustrated with the play right now, but I still wear my Orange and my Ring with pride. I'll be there on Saturday with bells on! Probably at the tailgate around 8:30 with a cold Budweiser. GO TIGERS!!!

Can't we all just get along?

Oct 15, 2009, 9:38 AM

One begets the other. Shut up, push somebody around and then you win -> when you win, you get on 3:30 games or later. It's the mentality of these young babies that have had mommy and daddy do everything for them -> that somehow they are "owed" a late game.

BTW - 1PM was great, back then -> get back to the house, check on my bets, usually a party going on, take a nap and then out to our party

Replies: 61
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic