Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Frustrated with veterinarian's office...dog might die
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,032

Frustrated with veterinarian's office...dog might die

Jun 23, 2009, 3:05 AM

This is frustrating the hell out of us. Our chihuahua is in labor with her first puppy ever. It's been almost an hour of pushing, and it seems stuck and she might DIE. But because we don't have some #### special credit card and don't have 800 bucks up front for a csection, the vet office REFUSES to help. I'm sorry to any vets here, but god....is caring about the animals really that important? I don't want this dog to die. We love her so much. She's a part of our family. And if she dies, I'll never forget how the emergency clinic here in Anderson would not help her.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS

Re: Frustrated with veterinarian's office...dog might die

Jun 23, 2009, 7:18 AM

That really sucks man. I truly feel sorry for you. I have a chihuahua and a pom-chi and I would hurt someone over both of them. I pray your dog has her litter and comes out in good health.

Jun 23, 2009, 7:19 AM

Both my wife and I have worked in animal emergency clinics and in Vet offices and its people with arguments like that the most often refuse to pay for their services. As mean as it sounds, vets are not in the practice of doing treatments for free. They run a business and, like any business, they expect to be paid for their services. Animal emergency clinics are the most strict about payment. Every night I worked there people would come in with no ability to pay and expect the doctor to fix their animal. Then we would hear all about how important the animal is, how much a part of the family, and how its so mean of us to let the animal die.

It is your pet. It is your responsibility to provide for it. That includes being able to provide for the medical care it might need. It is not the fault of the vet that the animal got sick and it is not the fault of the vet that you cannot/ will not pay for its treatment. It is not the fault of the vet to absorb the cost of treating your pet simply because the animal might die.

If you have a regular vet, take the dog to him this morning and establish a payment schedule to repay the cost of the treatment. If you have a regular history with the vet and are in good standing financially then he will help you.

^^^should be the same for people***

Jun 23, 2009, 7:43 AM

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Agreed

Jun 23, 2009, 8:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Frustrated with veterinarian's office...dog might die ]

I also work in the vet industry and wanted to add this bit. I know you feel for your dog, love it very much, and want it to be healthy. I'm sure the staff at the e-clinic want the same thing but after the puppy is born you need to have the mother spayed as soon as it finishes nursing.

If you don't have the money to front for large expenses like this, that dog has no business being pregnant. Get it spayed at a low cost spay and neuter clinic. Having a dog spayed early in life can also avoid much more costly medical problems later in life.

Also, that new puppy isn't free either. It will cost money to feed it and care for it. Much more than the vet bill in the long run.

I hope everything works out for your pet.

Sounds like...

Jun 23, 2009, 8:33 AM

he shouldn't be angry at the vet, but rather all the idiots that go in there and have the same story as him, get treatment for their pet, and don't pay.

they are the ones that force the vet to act like a heartless punk. and the punishment goes to this guy who actually will pay (assuming he will pay).

Jun 23, 2009, 7:19 AM

No vet should let a dog die over money! Report the vet to the ASPCA immediately. Also call your local TV & Radio stations. To the vet: You are a heartless punk!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What will the ASPCA do?

Jun 23, 2009, 8:14 AM

The Emergency Clinic is running a business not a non-profit organization or something of the sort.

The Vet is not a "heartless punk" but a businessman and in this tough economy, he's trying to make the same living the rest of us are.

I hope the dog ends up fine and healthy, but to blame the Vet here is childish.

Go to vet school for 4 years then you can work for free.***

Jun 23, 2009, 10:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Frustrated with veterinarian's office...dog might die ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thats a laugh***

Jun 23, 2009, 12:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Frustrated with veterinarian's office...dog might die ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

z17

Jun 23, 2009, 8:24 AM

I have one of those Care Credit Cards.. Came in handy when my dachshund injured his back..Not sure how I would have come up with the $2500 they wanted up front. They give promotions at Care Credit and often they give you a period of time to pay it without charging interest. Ask the vet what the current promotion is. Mine was 18 months!! You may be surprised!

Good luck!!

We should nationalize veterinary care.***

Jun 23, 2009, 9:25 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,032
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic