Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo the "control freak"?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Dabo the "control freak"?

Apr 12, 2009, 10:45 AM

I could not stand TB's way of soft coaching and he lived and died by his assistants(Rob Spence) to do there jobs....Which we all know how that turned out.

Dabo'S under a lot of pressure to win here!

I have noticed since he took over last year that he kinda over coaches a little,sometimes butting in cutting his assistants off while they are coaching players.And appears to hover over them.DS is trying to make the right changes and it he is pushing the right buttons with the program and players but feel he is gonna have problems on his staff.

His argument with Steele could be the beginning of a rift that similar to him and VK had.Dabo is an inexperienced young coach wit no experience on the defensive side of the ball,Steele came here to get out from under another control freak in Saban for complete autonomy which he was promised here.Steele aint gonna here no BS from a WR coach whom butt in too much.There personalities are gonna clash this season when DB starts pushing Steele around and playing with his defensive schemes and telling him what to do.He needs Steele to succeed for him,Steele can go anywhere get any DC job out there,DS does not sucedd here he will be removed quickly and doubtful to be hired as anything more than an assistant anywhere else.

Let's face it DS got the job by default,from TDP.They got someone cheap,under !mil a year in a bad economy and TDP had a personal boner for him!

Alot at stake here and the pressure on the staff could tear it apart,IMO.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we're doomed..might as well forfeit the season***

Apr 12, 2009, 10:48 AM

Re: Dabo the "control freak"?

Apr 12, 2009, 11:00 AM

Dabo is the head coach and anyone who does not realize it will learn quickly. They have also known each other for while and I personally don't think it will be a problem.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The reason this country has a future.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO

He's in over his head

Apr 12, 2009, 11:02 AM

I'll get dumped on for this - but it's a fact and we're all going to have to deal with it.

Re: He's in over his head

Apr 12, 2009, 11:05 AM

opinions do not necessarily equal facts. You may want to give it time to work out. Dumped on for that? No, everyone can have an opinion just don't think it's a fact just because it's yours.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO

^^^ This guy gets it^^^***

Apr 12, 2009, 1:50 PM

http://americayouaskedforit.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/draft-herman-cain-for-president-2012-1024x293.jpg%253Fw%253D300

Apr 12, 2009, 11:18 AM [ in reply to He's in over his head ]

And by fact, you mean "not a fact at all, just one guy's opinion."

Apr 12, 2009, 11:25 AM

I can't believe that a post such as this would even appear on tigernet. Pityful!

A fact is

Apr 12, 2009, 11:54 AM [ in reply to He's in over his head ]

knowledge or information based on real occurrences. It is a fact that "Dabo is in over his head" is your opinion. I don't think anyone will dump on you for your opinion. I do think you will get dump on for presenting your opinions as fact - and you should be.

What proof do you have for saying this?***

Apr 12, 2009, 1:27 PM [ in reply to He's in over his head ]

http://americayouaskedforit.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/draft-herman-cain-for-president-2012-1024x293.jpg%253Fw%253D300

^^^Not the brightest bulb in the closet^^^.***

Apr 12, 2009, 2:25 PM [ in reply to He's in over his head ]

You Must Have Missed That Spring Game

Apr 12, 2009, 11:34 AM

when Reggie Herring and Rich Rod got into a screaming match from opposite sidelines. Coaches are competitive individuals with Type A personalities that show through on occasion.

Reggie Herring would get into a screaming match with a tree.***

Apr 12, 2009, 11:52 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One of the funniest things I have ever seen a coach do

Apr 12, 2009, 12:37 PM

was in Chapel Hill during the West years and we were getting drug 40 something to 3 and one of the UNC flag guys kept running in front of the Clemson bench with the flag up and waving. Finally Reggie grabbed it from him and broke it and threw it. Only time I smiled all day.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Man, I wish there was a video clip of that.***

Apr 12, 2009, 3:18 PM

Don't over-analyze things

Apr 12, 2009, 11:35 AM

I guess we, as fans, are prone to doing this, especially when things are not going well and/or things are uncertain.

First of all, I think a coach should be involved (or at the very least, knowledgeable) in what's going on since he's ultimately the one who gets the blame.

With that said, I don't think he should micro-manage either.

Without knowing exactly what's going on in the huddle and in the lockerroom, I can't say what Coach Swinney is or isn't doing.

I do think he should listen to his assistants and let them do their jobs and show his faith in their abilities.

And yes, Coach Swinney, like other coaches, need his assistants to succeed in order for him to succeed.

Secondly, I think part of the reason Coach Swinney got the job is due to what he did in rallying this team after a horrible start. It's difficult to change philosophies, let alone personnel, in the middle of the season, but I thought there was a change in the team's attitude since he took over.

Sometimes that attitude can take you a little further, and I think that's what happened in the second half of the season.

Ultimately, I believe you still need the horses (the right personnel and experience) to win the big games, and he just didn't have that.

I felt that when we lost the games, it wasn't because of coaching; it was due to the fact that the other team's players just had more experience and were just better.

Finally, based on the second half of the season and the several subtle things that Coach Swinney has done, I'm optimistic about what he's done at Clemson so far.

Now the real test comes when he'll take the reigns as the head coach for a full season.

Did we get him cheap? Yes.

Does that take away from what I've seen from Coach Swinney? Not one bit.

For those Clemson fans out there who aren't too happy with Coach Swinney, think about this: Are you a CLEMSON fan or are you a fan of a coach?

Yes, I realize you can have both, but sooner or later, that coach will leave and/or retire.

The school and the program will still be there.

I guess that's why I never really had a favor coach or player.

When asked, I always say I'm a CLEMSON fan.

Re: Don't over-analyze things

Apr 12, 2009, 11:51 AM

Dabo can, and I believe will, be a good coach for our Tigers. I have always liked him and after yesterdays IPTAY meeting, I like him even more. He is a 180 degree swap from what we had and to me that is very good! Pull against him if you like but don't profess to be a Clemson fan because you would rather have someone else heading the program. Same goes for the AD and Pres.!

Well said.....

Apr 12, 2009, 11:57 AM [ in reply to Don't over-analyze things ]

We all got to be optimistic and give them all the chance they deserve......

Vic is that you?***

Apr 12, 2009, 11:43 AM

Lern how to spel and right and stuff, And then said yer mind***

Apr 12, 2009, 12:10 PM

D-Minus for Content, F-for Grammar, See Me after class***

Apr 12, 2009, 12:18 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A lower case letter m should have been used in the word "me"***

Apr 12, 2009, 12:25 PM

Trust me, coaches jaw at one another at practice sometimes.

Apr 12, 2009, 12:20 PM

Sometimes it gets very heated, it is the nature of the game. They go in and cool off. Players do the same thing.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Thanks for your opinion. Others may differ.***

Apr 12, 2009, 12:27 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ken

thanks for demonstrating such a vivid imagination...

Apr 12, 2009, 12:46 PM

best fiction post so far, today

Koening and him didn't get along because Vic thought he

Apr 12, 2009, 1:02 PM

should have gotten the Interim Coach title, not Dabo.

From where are you pulling this stuff? Never mind I know...

Apr 12, 2009, 1:26 PM

Can't we let the guy coach 1 season before the "Know it all's" start trying to run him off?

Re: From where are you pulling this stuff? Never mind I know...

Apr 12, 2009, 1:28 PM

Those that can't do find fault.
I wish to see Dabo shut them all up.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO

Great day, but that was really difficult to read....What has

Apr 12, 2009, 2:59 PM

happened to our basic grammar and spelling? I lost the entire point that he was trying to make just trying to read the post.

Sounded like the ramblings...

Apr 12, 2009, 5:49 PM

of an illiterate buffoon. A total waste of reading time.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What are you, 7?

Apr 13, 2009, 8:08 AM

at least learn grammar before you pretend to know anything about coaching a D1 college football team.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic